Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 10:43 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,580,042 times

Advertisements

We are planning a large wedding......but I have a question about bridal party size & opinions are divided on wedding sites about this. Since it’s not going to be a traditional ceremony, do I still need lots of wedding attendants because of the size of the wedding reception....or would it be ok to keep it to 1 each to hold the rings...help with my dress...& give a toast? I know it’s traditional to have at least 5 or 6 for a large wedding.....but it doesn’t seem necessary IMO because we aren’t being traditional.....but I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

It saves some of my friends from getting bridesmaids dresses & takes away lots of stress IMO & no rehearsal dinner.........but I have a friend that she is expecting to be asked because I was a bridesmaid for her & she knows it’s going to be a big wedding......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 05:29 PM

733 posts, read 467,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
We are planning a large wedding......but I have a question about bridal party size & opinions are divided on wedding sites about this. Since it’s not going to be a traditional ceremony, do I still need lots of wedding attendants because of the size of the wedding reception....or would it be ok to keep it to 1 each to hold the rings...help with my dress...& give a toast? I know it’s traditional to have at least 5 or 6 for a large wedding.....but it doesn’t seem necessary IMO because we aren’t being traditional.....but I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

It saves some of my friends from getting bridesmaids dresses & takes away lots of stress IMO & no rehearsal dinner.........but I have a friend that she is expecting to be asked because I was a bridesmaid for her & she knows it’s going to be a big wedding......
I’m no expert and my wedding was years ago, but I did have about 500 guests at my wedding here in the states. I had another wedding in Europe-that’s another story. Anyways, I don’t think it matters how many attendants you have. I had about six if I remember correctly. This is really up to you. Congratulations!!

Old 11-21-2019, 06:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
You may have as many attendants as you want. It would be nice if there are equal numbers on both sides.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:31 AM

Thank you.....it would be equal on both sides........maybe just 1 each....

Tho I don’t want the bridal party table lopsided to the amount of guests....350 to 400....

My friend suggested doing a table with our attendants & special guests...like parents...instead.....

Old 11-22-2019, 09:43 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,125,760 times
Number of attendants have nothing to do with attendance size.

Old 11-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post

To the websites & every wedding I’ve been to or stood up for....they do....but we are not having a traditional ceremony so....IMO it won’t matter.....

Old 11-24-2019, 04:59 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Quote:
That's what I believe.

One of the last weddings that I attended (about 100 people), the bride and groom only had a maid of honor and best man. They had others (four men and four women) hold the canopy during the service and they were "sort of" their attendants, too. The women in the wedding party each wore a street length summer frocks (that they selected) in various colors and the men each wore tan pants and a long sleeve white shirt. The bride and groom did not have a "bridal table" but sat at a the same type of circular tables as their guests, with their parents and their one sibling at that table.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:

We’re not planning a traditional wedding....so.....I’m ita for our wedding plans.........

Old 11-25-2019, 07:50 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Thank you.....it would be equal on both sides........maybe just 1 each....

Tho I don’t want the bridal party table lopsided to the amount of guests....350 to 400....

My friend suggested doing a table with our attendants & special guests...like parents...instead.....
Have a table for just you and your husband. Or have a table for you, your husband, and immediate family. And your attendants sit where they want.

If you have a bridal party table, allow your attendants to invite their plus 1s to sit at the bridal party table.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:13 AM

6,816 posts, read 11,542,919 times
Quote:
To the websites & every wedding I’ve been to or stood up for....they do....but we are not having a traditional ceremony so....IMO it won’t matter.....
Do yourself a favor right now and quit making any plans based on what the internet says you should do, or what your friends have done. Do what YOU want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings