Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 10:26 AM

1,159 posts, read 619,809 times

Advertisements

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/e...l-your-wedding

I understand you have been planning for months and even years, but people have to wake up and just deal with it. Cancel all large events planned.
We will never get a handle on this if people keep congregating, keep flying,....

I'm sure people think it's silly and we should continue living, but people aren't living. They are dying.

The United States is so unprepared and will be so screwed it won't be funny. Plus some people have this mentality of ' I can do whatever I want', well not when people are suffering.....

Old 03-16-2020, 10:28 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/e...l-your-wedding

I understand you have been planning for months and even years, but people have to wake up and just deal with it. Cancel all large events planned.
We will never get a handle on this if people keep congregating, keep flying,....

I'm sure people think it's silly and we should continue living, but people aren't living. They are dying.

The United States is so unprepared and will be so screwed it won't be funny. Plus some people have this mentality of ' I can do whatever I want', well not when people are suffering.....
Well, wouldn't it depend on how large a wedding someone's planning? There's no need to cancel small weddings. If someone had a wedding with 100 guests planned, they could have half attend the ceremony, and the other half attend the reception.

There is no need to issue blanket statements. The CDC did NOT say all weddings should be cancelled. It's this black-and-white all-or-nothing thinking that's causing some of the problems people are encountering in their efforts to adjust to the situation.

Old 03-16-2020, 11:33 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There is no need to issue blanket statements. The CDC did NOT say all weddings should be cancelled. It's this black-and-white all-or-nothing thinking that's causing some of the problems people are encountering in their efforts to adjust to the situation.

That would be 50 people. Too many.

No groups of 25 or more allowed now here, and that will decline.

Gyms, churches, bars, restaurants (Etc etc etc) all mandated closing.

If its not happened where you are now, it will shortly more likely than not. They're having to force these things to close because people aren't doing it on their own, unfortunately.

Old 03-16-2020, 02:54 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,458,184 times
There is a wedding in my social circle in a few weeks. I RSVP'ed no to it. It is a wedding that would have a guest list of more than 50 people. I had been wondering if it would still occur.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:08 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,577,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilLisa83 View Post

Ita.....weddings....& ofc honeymoons & travel.... should be postponed tho not because of panic or fear that everyone will die......but because of overwhelming our hospitals & having those that are at risk for complications all sick at the same time so that everyone can be treated if & when they do become sick.

These are super crazy times BUT.............we need to lower the curve.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:34 PM

44,351 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Before this thread gets too out of hand, I'm closing it. There are Sticky threads already in place in multiple fora, dealing with coronavirus issues. If you wish to discuss the virus and its effects, please do so in the other fora. There's no sense in starting dozens or scores of threads on essentially the same topic.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings