Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 08:36 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm so sorry Tasha! After all you've been through this year, you had a beautiful night planned and COVID got you in the end How bad did COVID hit you? How about your fiance? Is he positive too? I assume you got it from work? I think I read you work in a doctors office.

What's your new plan? Will you get married ASAP, shoot for something like Valentine's day, your anniversary that you met or next new years day?

Now that the shock is better...a little update & thank you. My fiancé is fine & so am I. He was negative. We still think mine was a false positive. Super unlucky...but better than being sick ofc. I do work for a doctors office...mostly telenursing...but I’ve been on vacation since before Christmas. I don’t go back until the middle of January...we would still be out of the country on our honeymoon if we were able to go.

So..my answer about our new plan. My fiancé is gradually going back to work...from home ofc....since we are stuck anyway. BUT...he is starting to plan for a couple weeks vacation again so we can do this, ha. Valentine’s Day doesn’t really mean anything to us AND he has a birthday at the end of Feb. Tho...we aren’t going to wait all the way to New Year’s Eve to get married & go on a honeymoon BUT we may do a wedding celebration & charity event for NYE 2021 with our friends & families. It won’t seem so weird or delayed IMO since it’s also NYE.

We are thinking April to get married tho...that’s one of the best months for weather at our island destination too. More planning...tbh this disappointment was super hard because it was such a shock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 11:21 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,472,468 times
Tasha, you have mentioned several times that "it's probably a false positive." Is there a reason you aren't getting retested to be sure?

Old 01-08-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
Tasha, you have mentioned several times that "it's probably a false positive." Is there a reason you aren't getting retested to be sure?

I can’t because I’m quarantining & I would have to make a private appt for it. I’m not eligible for the pop up testing sites. Even tho I think it’s a false positive, I have to go by the rules & assume that it’s not false. I can wait for an antibody check test in a couple of weeks.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:04 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Now that the shock is better...a little update & thank you. My fiancé is fine & so am I. He was negative. We still think mine was a false positive. Super unlucky...but better than being sick ofc. I do work for a doctors office...mostly telenursing...but I’ve been on vacation since before Christmas. I don’t go back until the middle of January...we would still be out of the country on our honeymoon if we were able to go.

So..my answer about our new plan. My fiancé is gradually going back to work...from home ofc....since we are stuck anyway. BUT...he is starting to plan for a couple weeks vacation again so we can do this, ha. Valentine’s Day doesn’t really mean anything to us AND he has a birthday at the end of Feb. Tho...we aren’t going to wait all the way to New Year’s Eve to get married & go on a honeymoon BUT we may do a wedding celebration & charity event for NYE 2021 with our friends & families. It won’t seem so weird or delayed IMO since it’s also NYE.

We are thinking April to get married tho...that’s one of the best months for weather at our island destination too. More planning...tbh this disappointment was super hard because it was such a shock.

I can't even imagine how shocked you are because I'm shocked. I still can't believe it. With you both not going out, it sure sounds like a false positive, especially since you haven't been sick except not wanting to eat. Everyone gets it differently, so who knows, maybe you did have it. You'd have to be tested for antibodies to see. I've been sick the last few days with even my taste being off but I'm not that sick so I don't know. I won't get tested. I barely go out.

Maybe something else would have happened while going or coming back like airports being shut down again due to the virus being so bad due to people going out at the holidays. They're so crazy. If that's the case, you're super lucky.

April and even May are beautiful months most places with flowers blooming.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I can't even imagine how shocked you are because I'm shocked. I still can't believe it. With you both not going out, it sure sounds like a false positive, especially since you haven't been sick except not wanting to eat. Everyone gets it differently, so who knows, maybe you did have it. You'd have to be tested for antibodies to see. I've been sick the last few days with even my taste being off but I'm not that sick so I don't know. I won't get tested. I barely go out.

Maybe something else would have happened while going or coming back like airports being shut down again due to the virus being so bad due to people going out at the holidays. They're so crazy. If that's the case, you're super lucky.

April and even May are beautiful months most places with flowers blooming.

Hi Rose...thank you For empathizing.. AND somebody that finally understands why I think it’s a false positive! It really makes no sense any other way IMO. I just wrote about an antibody test to another poster that was asking why I had not been retested...so yes.. I do want to be tested for antibodies in a couple of weeks. I’m super curious to know.

You are right tho....I do feel lucky, specially because we both have our health. It just took a little while to get over the shock & disappointment...AND a little fear at 1st before I knew if I would get sick. I thought of my nausea I had for a couple days before we were to leave too...but I still think that was anxiety. I was that way before I moved to the BA...only worse with vomiting. Matter of fact I have old posts about that here.

The island we are going to has year round vegetation BUT...there is supposed to be hardly any rain & less humidity in April...so we are thinking the end of the month. The bad thing is that it costs a lot more..it’s peak travel time...so there is more ppl trying to book the same private island villa.

Edit: I’m so sry you have been sick tho....specially with your taste being off. I hope you don’t have it. Pls feel better!

Old 01-09-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Hi Rose...thank you For empathizing.. AND somebody that finally understands why I think it’s a false positive! It really makes no sense any other way IMO. I just wrote about an antibody test to another poster that was asking why I had not been retested...so yes.. I do want to be tested for antibodies in a couple of weeks. I’m super curious to know.

You are right tho....I do feel lucky, specially because we both have our health. It just took a little while to get over the shock & disappointment...AND a little fear at 1st before I knew if I would get sick. I thought of my nausea I had for a couple days before we were to leave too...but I still think that was anxiety. I was that way before I moved to the BA...only worse with vomiting. Matter of fact I have old posts about that here.

The island we are going to has year round vegetation BUT...there is supposed to be hardly any rain & less humidity in April...so we are thinking the end of the month. The bad thing is that it costs a lot more..it’s peak travel time...so there is more ppl trying to book the same private island villa.

Edit: I’m so sry you have been sick tho....specially with your taste being off. I hope you don’t have it. Pls feel better!

I'm keeping an eye on my blood oxygen levels, I have mild COPD, so when I get sick, it goes to my lungs. I normally don't use an inhaler but have had to a few times the last few days but my blood oxygen levels are in the high 90's so that's good. I'd think if I had COVID it would be dropping.

I totally understand why you think it's a false positive. If the 2 of you did not go out during that quarantine time, I don't see how it could be positive.

I finally got to your other thread in the health section. I replied to the one I thought was being a jerk. I also want to post an article here that was linked because I'm not sure if you clicked on it because they didn't say what the article was about which is a big peeve of mine. If you had a quick test, it was an antigen test and not a COVID test. Apparently false positives are common with the antigen test. If this is the case, you should get tested using the test that takes longer to come back.

I also agree that your nausea was most likely due to nerves. Let's face it, who wouldn't have nerves after all you've been through this year. I've been in your threads since you were trying to figure out what type of gown you wanted. I googled all the gowns you were saying. That was what a year and a half ago? Even figuring out your date took time. You didn't rush into saying New Years Eve but once you did, it made sense for you and your fiance to be able to have that wedding of your dreams.

You then finally find that dream gown and COVID rears it's ugly head. You were positive at 1st, trying to be hopeful that since your wedding was so far away that COVID would be a dirty memory and you would go on your joyful way to the wedding of your dreams.

I don't know how many people thought we'd be even more infected at this time of the year because other countries have gotten it under control. Surely the US could as well but no, people have to go live their lives because they can't be home or working from home like the rest of us. It's their right as an American to have the freedom to do what they want. Some states like Florida still don't have mandatory mask laws.

Florida recommends people wear one but they do not require masks. I've read that cities and large counties like Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Hillsborough which includes Tampa, have mask requirements, but local governments aren't allowed to give fines and other penalties for not wearing one which is stupid because of all the old people that live there. They're not only older, a lot of health issues that they moved down there for the heat because their bodies couldn't handle the cold. You would think that Florida of all places should get on board with masks.

So now the US has a huge mess on it's hands. I wish I could say that this time next year it will be under control but honestly, I'll be shocked if it is. Some people aren't being vaccinated because they don't want it. I'm reading that some hospitals have only vaccinated 50% of it's front line staff so they've been vaccinating the rest of their staff that wants it.

I do hope that there will be some kind of normal in April for your wedding. I really hope that people learned the lesson the hard way by getting COVID and are warning others to listen or they could be next. I think that's the positive for short term so that you should be good because the Valentine's wave should be over by then depending on what day in April you plan to go. Easter is April 4th this year. I think once summer comes that people will easily forget what happened during the holidays and we'll be right where we started, so I wouldn't put the date off much past April or early May.

From your health thread For anyone that wants to go there, click the arrow next to lchoro, it will take you to their reply that I quoted.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It means that she has particles of the virus (antigens) in her nasal membrane. If the body has fought it off, a second test may clear her. It's well past the 24-hour or 48-hour requirement for retesting.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/invest...thers/2501829/
Thanks for the article, I hadn't seen it. So the article is saying that if Tasha had a quick test, which the article says is an antigen test, it could be giving a false positive because people should not be doing the quick test if they do not have symptoms.

If Tasha did have the quick test, she should be tested with the test that takes a few days to come back but every state is different on what they allow.

Antigen Tests — Designed for Patients With Symptoms — Can Yield False Positives in Others Published December 9, 2020

Quote:
Maybe you're an essential worker, you're going to visit Grandma, or you just want the peace of mind a negative COVID-19 test can bring. A rapid antigen test might seem like a great idea when you're in a hurry and don't have time to wait a few days for results, but those tests are really designed for people with COVID-19 symptoms and in asymptomatic patients can deliver false positive results.

Frankel was shocked. She had no symptoms and had no known exposure to anyone with COVID-19.

Per Maryland's guidelines, she should have had the more reliable PCR test, which detects the virus's genetic material and gets sent to a lab. Instead, she had an antigen test, which looks for specific proteins from the virus and can be run at the test location with rapid results.

But if you're asymptomatic, Maryland "strongly recommends" that you do get retested. And in order to prove you had a false positive, you must get a confirmatory PCR test within 48-hours.

In Washington, D.C., there is no way to overturn a positive antigen test because the District's guidelines very clearly state, "DC Health does not recommend that antigen tests be used for screening people with no symptoms or known exposures."

D.C. can do that because it also has a robust testing program where anyone who wants a PCR test can get one easily — and for free. That is not the case everywhere.

That is for people within the first five days of symptom onset is when you're going to get a reliable result from our antigen test," said Jeannine Mason, spokesperson for Quidel Corporation.

Frankel got a third test, also negative, and had her surgery, but says she won't be getting any more rapid tests unless she has a known COVID-19 exposure or develops symptoms. She wants others to be aware of the concern.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:

I finally got to your other thread in the health section. I replied to the one I thought was being a jerk. I also want to post an article here that was linked because I'm not sure if you clicked on it because they didn't say what the article was about which is a big peeve of mine. If you had a quick test, it was an antigen test and not a COVID test. Apparently false positives are common with the antigen test. If this is the case, you should get tested using the test that takes longer to come back.

Thank you...I had the new point of care PCR test that you get results in several hours that was required by our destination. It became available in November. I said in the other thread tho, false positives because of the test are rare. BUT...they still happen because of lab contamination & software problems & human mistakes. AND considering we quarantined 2 wks before when I have no symptoms & my fiancé tested negative, nothing else makes sense IMO.

I’ll do the antibody test in a couple weeks tho....because I’m super curious.

Quote:
I also agree that your nausea was most likely due to nerves. Let's face it, who wouldn't have nerves after all you've been through this year. I've been in your threads since you were trying to figure out what type of gown you wanted. I googled all the gowns you were saying. That was what a year and a half ago? Even figuring out your date took time. You didn't rush into saying New Years Eve but once you did, it made sense for you and your fiance to be able to have that wedding of your dreams.

You then finally find that dream gown and COVID rears it's ugly head. You were positive at 1st, trying to be hopeful that since your wedding was so far away that COVID would be a dirty memory and you would go on your joyful way to the wedding of your dreams.

I never dreamed when I 1st started looking for dresses with my sister & Mom around the holidays in 2019 that a pandemic was going to hit. AND...when it did hit bad in March & ppl were canceling weddings, lots of us who had winter weddings agonized if it would be ok by then. We canceled our venue & started thinking about a home wedding & then we canceled that too. Little did we know when we 1st became engaged that 2020 would be like this...BUT even tho it’s been stressful & impossible to plan, I still know how super lucky I am.

The nausea in my O.P. was only for a couple days wondering if we would be able to go or not because of the new stay at home order we had in the BA. I thought that would be the problem & that our Lunajet would be canceled. I never dreamed it would be because I tested positive tho...a false positive IMO.

Quote:
I do hope that there will be some kind of normal in April for your wedding.

Thank you...& it’s nice that you have followed my posts & understand my disappointment...BUT we still aren’t making plans for a wedding, just an intimate civil ceremony & an exclusive & romantic island honeymoon with some pictures taken on the beach. We will try a bigger wedding celebration & charity event next NYE tho.

Pls keep us posted about your own health.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:38 AM

Update....it’s official for April...perfect time for the weather at our destination...AND we are going to be married right on the island. All I can say is that everything has already gone wrong...ha...so this one will be it. I can’t be nervous & no bad vibes allowed. IMO it’s way better than a civil ceremony in Sf & more romantic..intimate & sexy than the big wedding we had planned before covid...especially since there will always be time for parties. I’m super excited....& all that matters is we finally get married.

Old 01-16-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Update....it’s official for April...perfect time for the weather at our destination...AND we are going to be married right on the island. All I can say is that everything has already gone wrong...ha...so this one will be it. I can’t be nervous & no bad vibes allowed. IMO it’s way better than a civil ceremony in Sf & more romantic..intimate & sexy than the big wedding we had planned before covid...especially since there will always be time for parties. I’m super excited....& all that matters is we finally get married.
Agree, super romantic. Hoping that no more can go wrong and this is finally your wedding story. Will the dress you bought work for it?

Old 01-16-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Agree, super romantic. Hoping that no more can go wrong and this is finally your wedding story. Will the dress you bought work for it?

Thank you...tho our wedding date has only been postponed once. The only stuff that has gone wrong all comes back to covid....& we are just super lucky we have our health & the money to come up with a new plan.

AND...yes! Remember I never took delivery on my 1st dress for our big reception & used my deposit toward 2 other dresses. One of them is a light..lacy & flowy gown perfect for pictures on the beach. My fiancé has seen it & loves it. I wanted to be totally sure he did & that he didn’t think it showed too much. Tradition is being thrown out the window...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings