Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 AM

46 posts, read 126,167 times

Advertisements

Hello, we just rescued a kitten and he has had his first vet visit which was rather expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for low cost Neutering and vaccinations? I already looked into Peggy Adams and they have some low cost options, but wonder if anyone has had any luck with good, inexpensive treatment elsewhere. Thank You ahead of time: MEOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,054,865 times
You can try the county Animal Care & Control shelter on Belvedere Rd. 561-233-1200.
Spay Neuter Programs

Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,500 times
peggy adams is a good place; i adopted from them

Old 07-23-2010, 02:11 PM

128 posts, read 470,743 times
I've had 4 cats done at Peggy Adams...it's SO much cheaper than the vet's office and i got in pretty quickly. I know someone who did the spay shuttle and it took a LONG time for her to get her appointment.

As for shots, Best Vet in Boynton is reasonably priced, although not my favorite vet in terms of quality. You could also try going to a low-cost vaccination clinic. Try looking up Val-U-Vet (valuvet.com, I think) They travel to different CVS stores around the county. Some of the pet stores, like Pet Supplies Plus, also have flyers for low-cost vaccination clinics.

Old 07-24-2010, 05:39 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,631,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icorvidae View Post
Hello, we just rescued a kitten and he has had his first vet visit which was rather expensive. Does anyone have suggestions for low cost Neutering and vaccinations? I already looked into Peggy Adams and they have some low cost options, but wonder if anyone has had any luck with good, inexpensive treatment elsewhere. Thank You ahead of time: MEOW!
Peggy Adams is OK. I am personally against tax payer subsidized competition between the state (animal control) and vet clinics but that's because I believe that owning pets is a privilege, not a right. Hence, I cannot recommend animal control. But, reality is, they are cheap and provide the service.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM

46 posts, read 126,167 times
Thank You everyone for the advice! Buck is getting big and we just adore each other!! MEOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach