Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times

Advertisements

[quote=joanie55;15730303]Okay, okay I get your points. Maybe it didn't seem I said much good, but climate is very important to me. I like warm weather, a tropical environment and the ocean. That's a very big deal to me. For those who like 4 seasons, they won't like the climate there. Yes it is transient and that I believe is why it's hard to make good friends. The flip side of that is that people are friendly - they are actually LOOKING to make friends. When you move to a place where the population is stable, like Louisville, for example, most people have lived there for years, their friendships are established, they are not as open to making new friends. Also, south Florida is a pretty liberal place - along with that comes its live and let live attitude. That is not true everywhere. Yes, it's got a lot of cons there - I don't know anyone who has lived there any length of time who disagrees with that statement. That's why I said people should be wary who they allow to be close to them. And many of them are rude, I think it's the NY influence and also the preponderance of old people. But it's not PERSONAL, and if you understand that you can just let it go by you. You can be IN a place and not be OF it - if you like the PLACE, you can make peace with the people.

As far as my Louisville EAT AND PRAY thread, i guess it was a bit insensitive. But the truth of the matter is that there is a lot of eating and praying going on in Louisville as compared to other places in the country. Kentucky is a SOUTHERN state, not a midwestern state - something I did not realize prior to moving here or I would never have done so. Also, Kentucky is the 7th fattest state in the country - these people eat ALOT!! There's a lot of fat people in FL too. So what? Is that a big deal to you, what other look like? Maybe S FL is a good place for you.

Oh, another thing about south Florida - there are alot of smart, educated people there. HAHAHA! Okay, interesting! Sorry, I got a kick out of that one - dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way, that just hit me kind of funny. Professional people really do seem to know what they are doing. You don't ask someone in a store if they carry an item and get a response of , Well, I'm not really sure." Or you don't ask your insurance agent who has been in the business 20 years a question and get a reply of, "I don't know. I've never been asked that before." This kind of thing is commonplace in Louisville. Oh just wait til you get a load of that good ol' customer service in S FL! People who live here are obviously used to that sort of thing and it probably does not bother them. Like I said, it's all about your priorities. No place is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 02:46 PM

522 posts, read 1,609,802 times
[quote=ComSense;15732475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie55 View Post
Okay, okay I get your points. Maybe it didn't seem I said much good, but climate is very important to me. I like warm weather, a tropical environment and the ocean. That's a very big deal to me. For those who like 4 seasons, they won't like the climate there. Yes it is transient and that I believe is why it's hard to make good friends. The flip side of that is that people are friendly - they are actually LOOKING to make friends. When you move to a place where the population is stable, like Louisville, for example, most people have lived there for years, their friendships are established, they are not as open to making new friends. Also, south Florida is a pretty liberal place - along with that comes its live and let live attitude. That is not true everywhere. Yes, it's got a lot of cons there - I don't know anyone who has lived there any length of time who disagrees with that statement. That's why I said people should be wary who they allow to be close to them. And many of them are rude, I think it's the NY influence and also the preponderance of old people. But it's not PERSONAL, and if you understand that you can just let it go by you. You can be IN a place and not be OF it - if you like the PLACE, you can make peace with the people.
Obesity is UNHEALTHY. As far as customer service goes - I lived in Florida for 6 years so you don't need to tell "wait till you...." I lived there, get it.

As far as my Louisville EAT AND PRAY thread, i guess it was a bit insensitive. But the truth of the matter is that there is a lot of eating and praying going on in Louisville as compared to other places in the country. Kentucky is a SOUTHERN state, not a midwestern state - something I did not realize prior to moving here or I would never have done so. Also, Kentucky is the 7th fattest state in the country - these people eat ALOT!! There's a lot of fat people in FL too. So what? Is that a big deal to you, what other look like? Maybe S FL is a good place for you.

Oh, another thing about south Florida - there are alot of smart, educated people there. HAHAHA! Okay, interesting! Sorry, I got a kick out of that one - dont mean to rub anyone the wrong way, that just hit me kind of funny. Professional people really do seem to know what they are doing. You don't ask someone in a store if they carry an item and get a response of , Well, I'm not really sure." Or you don't ask your insurance agent who has been in the business 20 years a question and get a reply of, "I don't know. I've never been asked that before." This kind of thing is commonplace in Louisville. Oh just wait til you get a load of that good ol' customer service in S FL! People who live here are obviously used to that sort of thing and it probably does not bother them. Like I said, it's all about your priorities. No place is perfect.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 PM

Maybe alot of people in Florida are fat - I don't know where the state ranks on the obesity scale, but no where near Kentucky. Obesity is unhealthy, that is my point, not the LOOKS of it. As far as customer service goes, I lived there for 6 years, so I think that qualifies me to assess it. You don't have to agree, but you don't need to tell me "wait and see..." Yes, I DO think south Florida is the place for me. Hindsight is 20/20. You obviously see nothing good about it. I understand, because I see nothing good about Kentucky. It's all individual viewpoints. BTW, I find you rude - you should at least like THAT about south Florida. LOL!

Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM

S FL is the place for you, we both agree.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
iT'S NICE TO AGREE

Old 09-07-2010, 07:33 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
You are a work of art my friend ... I will never get over how a person that dislikes Florida as much as you do , moves to the promised land in NC and still finds time to every day to diss Florida on an internet forum

Old 09-07-2010, 08:09 PM

I dont dislike FL, I dislike certain parts of FL. You can stop posting about my posts if you want to.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:09 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,223,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
You are a work of art my friend ... I will never get over how a person that dislikes Florida as much as you do , moves to the promised land in NC and still finds time to every day to diss Florida on an internet forum
Why do you find it strange that someone who spent his entire life or over 25 years in a place to post about it on a message board called 'City Forum'????? A message board is a place to share our feelings, I spent most of my life in Fl and I was very happy there but I have different interests now...I still read the Fl message boards....I have more to say about Fl than Buffalo....as an example!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Hey LiveLoveLaugh,

We're neighbors! I'm in the Asheville area...you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach