Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 02:04 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
It's called income disparity.
That's absolutely correct!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 03:30 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
We aren't Very Wealthy however Boca suits us well as so does our lifestyle...most of our friends dh's have made their money here as they have been here for a long time ..everything becomes irrelevant after a while..my dh worked on wall street for 15 years and likes the laid back lifestyle and not the hustle and bustle ...Also remember ALOT of people are entrepreneurs and have business's whether it be online, or a product or services..then you have your Doctors and Attorney's...and the others are living off of their pensions (since its not taxed) and some of them live better than I do...and they are in their 40's like dh and I..also remember you dont have to be wealthy to drive a nice car these days either..Life is about smart choices and not always making them so the next time one knows the right things to do...I shop in the boca mall as well doesnt mean im Rich..

Old 11-26-2010, 05:32 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
..also remember you dont have to be wealthy to drive a nice car these days either..Life is about smart choices and not always making them so the next time one knows the right things to do...I shop in the boca mall as well doesnt mean im Rich..
The people your talking about are "posers", they want to look the part but have champagne taste on a beer budget. Of course you have the "wives" here that live off of their husbands wealth and have a big positive cash flow, full tank of gas and drive above average cost vehicles....when you say "nice" well these are not cars that anyone can typically walk into a dealership and qualify for. If you can afford $700/month for a car payment+ more like $1K/month then I'd say you would be wealthy or above average. These "wives" take trips to the mall and Whole Foods with a $1200 Louis Vuitton handbag ready to spend spend spend. Usually with 2 or 3 kids in the back, best ones are the woman who drive big Cadillac Escalade SUVs. They like Valet service and then go have lunch and valet the car at Mizner. They typically pull into their exclusive above average gated communities where the median house price is over $750K+. I know the type, I have been around them, sorry they are indeed wealthy.

If life was about smart choices, you can ask them the value of their house that they paid way too much for during the boom or just go on Palm Beach PAPA and look it up for yourself, see what they lost so far. My old Boss, his house dropped nearly $300K and he probably put $100K+ into it. I told him to wait a few years for the market to collapse then buy...fools rush in where angels fear to travel...now I'm sitting back saying told you so.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:44 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
The people your talking about are "posers", they want to look the part but have champagne taste on a beer budget. Of course you have the "wives" here that live off of their husbands wealth and have a big positive cash flow, full tank of gas and drive above average cost vehicles....when you say "nice" well these are not cars that anyone can typically walk into a dealership and qualify for. If you can afford $700/month for a car payment+ more like $1K/month then I'd say you would be wealthy or above average. These "wives" take trips to the mall and Whole Foods with a $1200 Louis Vuitton handbag ready to spend spend spend. Usually with 2 or 3 kids in the back, best ones are the woman who drive big Cadillac Escalade SUVs. They like Valet service and then go have lunch and valet the car at Mizner. They typically pull into their exclusive above average gated communities where the median house price is over $750K+. I know the type, I have been around them, sorry they are indeed wealthy.

If life was about smart choices, you can ask them the value of their house that they paid way too much for during the boom or just go on Palm Beach PAPA and look it up for yourself, see what they lost so far. My old Boss, his house dropped nearly $300K and he probably put $100K+ into it. I told him to wait a few years for the market to collapse then buy...fools rush in where angels fear to travel...now I'm sitting back saying told you so.
Why so bitter?

Old 11-26-2010, 05:46 PM

Well for those people who paid cash for their homes way back when have the money every month for these things..Most of our friends their homes are paid for and so it allows them to drive around in nice cars and buy nice things...also I wasnt speaking of smart choices with housing because at the end of the day No one had a crystal ball to know the MARKET was going to crash like it did and so many of these homes went down in Value I dont think anyone would have bought..We bought in the height of the market since 04 between NJ and NC and well wish we didnt but we did..I shop at whole foods myself and I frequent mizner with a friend for lunch although we got rid of our Mercede's before we left NJ and Now I drive a new Minivan...anyway I will agree with you on the Escalades and the BIG Suv's as they do get quiet annoying but my point here is these women are found all over the country...and honestly I dont pay much mind to them...When I go to the mall I valet if I cant find a spot in front ONLY if im by myself since I dont like to go to my car by myself here....and those people who are just plain STUPID to buy a home that obviously isnt worth it well then yes its their loss...and just so you know NOT everyone who lives in a 750k dollar house is wealthy I will leave it at that..My point was that the wealth here is real as other people tend to say otherwise...one of my best friends husband owns a huge company here in florida and the nicest people you will ever know and has more money than I would know what to do with it...However all of our friends have always had money so maybe this is why boca doesnt phase me....I do my own thing, have my own awesome friends and dont pay too much attention to those who like to bring attention to themselves...The way I look at it is More power to you if you have it and can spend it..We like the finer things in life but doesnt mean Im Rich...

Old 11-26-2010, 06:03 PM

623 posts, read 1,303,100 times
Default does it really bother you that much? who gives a hoot?

??

Old 11-26-2010, 06:07 PM

RV people are just bitter and jealous I could care less...

Old 11-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
Why so bitter?

Not bitter, just answering a question...I think some people live in a bubble. I hear my coworkers at work talking about how they don't know the Gardens Mall stay's in business, Whole Foods and etc..like hello this isn't Mayberry.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:24 PM

The pot calling the kettle black...again the whole story on expensive clothing started this rant...I'm just answering the question and beyond bitter or jealous...just stating the facts.

Again if you can live in a $750K/house and afford the $10K+ property taxes/year not to mention insurance you are wealthy or well above average. Average salary in PB County is $40K/year approx. how much home will that buy?

I don't valet unless I have to, not that lazy. I drive a $60K+ newer model BMW M3 and would not trust most to park it. I'm a professional and make way above average wages, I like to hang out with other young professionals and have a lot of Gucci, but I'm not asking the question on why things cost what they do here. I'm just answering the question.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:26 PM

right and if u lived in Boca they would call u a snob...lol and after that incident at the mall with that guy never being caught ALOT of women valet including me..Im far from lazy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach