Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 01:44 PM

141 posts, read 505,885 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating in June, most likely to Wellington. I'm coming for a brief visit in January and we will make another trip in the Spring. Can anybody recommend a very reliable, responsive, experienced agent who works well with buyers long-distance? We'll want lots of photos, quick responses via email or phone and updates on new listings. If you are a realtor, please send me a private message and tell me your experience as a buyers agent and how you could help us find the best house for our family. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 08:11 PM

141 posts, read 453,705 times
ang I was in a very similar situation as you. I live in NYC and was looking for a winter home in FL. I read a lot on these forums and hooked up with a realtor from these forums, his name is Troy goes by the screen name skylinet. I asked him a lot of questions and showed him some listings I was interested in. He answered all of my annoying emails which were pretty much daily for about 2 months straight. He helped me with the entire process and knew exactly what I wanted and was looking for.

When my wife and I made the 3 day trip to view the properties, we found one in palm beach gardens we loved, put an offer on that very day and closed within a month. I could not be happier with the service Troy provided and I have no problems recommending him and I know others speak highly of him on here as well. If you're looking for a patient knowledgeable realtor who will walk you through everything Troy is your man. The only hiccup was I couldnt get approved through his mortgage guy but he did put me in contact with a mortgage broker which got me a really good rate at the time (5.5%).

I heard good things about Wellington, but you should also look into other areas as well, and try to keep an open mind because its different seeing something in person. I was set on boca raton and Troy thought palm beach gardens was a better fit and he was right so try to check out other neighborhoods too that have what you like. Also do a lot of searching on these forums, chances are you will find many answers to your questions there.

Goodluck with your home search

Old 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM

15 posts, read 49,210 times
Hi - I couldn't agree more with Brinked and his recommendation. We have been working with Troy since late Summer/early Fall on a vacation home purchase in Delray Beach. Although we have not closed on anything yet, all of the comments above are true as we assess our potential purchase.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:50 AM

66 posts, read 238,196 times
I am giving a third vote for Troy. He is amazing. We bought a home (the perfect home in fact!) from Los Angeles. He helped us every step of the way. We then referred him to some friends who were thousands of miles away and he found them the condo they wanted. (very particular needs)

So yes, cannot say enough good things about Troy Langan. Skylinet is his moniker on here. He will help you find the home you want.

I should add, I turned to Troy after trying a realtor someone recommended, then someone else who I found thru a realty site online and then finally, Troy. He is awesome!

Old 12-31-2010, 09:46 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Thanks for the recommendations guys, your checks are in the mail jk
I'm glad I was I able to help find you your homes. (should have an answer on yours today Paul)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach