Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 PM

16 posts, read 39,004 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be relocating to Palm Beach County soon and are considering Wellington. We have a 3 year old son, so schools/parks/recreation are very important to us. We are in our early 30's and do want to meet other parents with young kids. We plan to rent for a year and then buy. We'd like to rent a 3-4 bedroom home for approx $2k/month and then ultimately buy a 3-4 bedroom home in the $300 - $350k range. Any neighborhood recommendations to consider or to specifically avoid? We'll be commuting to WPB. Is that about 30 mins? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 08:00 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
I think most of the neighborhoods in your price range will be a decent fit for what you are looking for. You'll be able to get a nice home around 2800-3000+sqft in that price range. Figure out which school you would like to have your kid in and that will help narrow it down.

It goes without saying, but make sure you/your realtor negotiate a good value. Pretty much all of the neighborhoods along 441 were built during the boom so there are a lot of distressed properties and more coming along in this area.

Be careful of the wanna be vanilla ice's out there flipping properties. The Vanilla Ice Project - Vanilla Ice Tackles Home Improvement on DIY Network (the show is in Wellington)

What area in WPB will you be commuting to?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:21 AM

16 posts, read 39,004 times
I'll be commuting to Phillips Point (Okeechobee and Flagler) in downtown WPB. Sounds like we need to research the best schools in the area and that should help narrow the search. Very good advice. Thanks for the info!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:53 PM

114 posts, read 449,319 times
Check out Versailles. While the Vanilla Ice Project was filmed there (which is not a bad thing), it is a great place to buy now.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:41 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,838,392 times
My daughter lives in Isles of Wellington and it is really nice. They love it and it is a stable neighborhood that is well kept up. From what I understand, the foreclosures have been minimal and the ownership is steady. I enjoy visiting and walking the trails.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Plenty of places in Wellington, if you work downtown you can take Southern the entire way with ease.

I would check out Isles Of Wellington, Villagewalk and a few others. The park system here is excellent, you can't go wrong with it at all.

I would rent for a few years, prices are dropping and if your patient you could save $$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach