Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,196 times

Advertisements

hi,

i'm looking to open a mediterranean restaurant near boca raton and west palm beach areas. the restaurant will target families and adults between 20's and fourties. looking for a high traffic busy area where people can enjoy a great meal with an authentic atmosphere. food inludes hummos falafel vine leaves olives etc. so i need some international market that are familiar with this type of cuisine. place will be polished and exotic and prices will be medium range so looking for high-medium to high income areas. any advise on locations that are great for this type of restaurant.

thanks in advance for your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 10:24 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,038,663 times
I would say anywhere where there aren't similar restaurants and where you can get a good deal for the property, and a good location where you can be visible and get customers. I don't think there's any restaurants like that in Wellington though I could be wrong.

There are a lot of Mediterranean restaurants out there that serve falafel and hummus plates and so on, it would be nice if you had some stuff that really set you apart from the crowd, maybe some Lebanese or Armenian or Persian specialities or whatever.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:47 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,312,691 times
Is there a Greek/Med restaurant in Jupiter yet? There's Ouzo Blue on PGA Blvd., but I don't know if there's anything similar on Indiantown Rd. or one of the plazas on Donald Ross near Abacoa yet...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:04 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,576,801 times
Greek is very popular here and seems to do well, Mediterranean is also fairly popular but I know a few places that went out of business. Naylah in Royal Palm Beach was a good place but it only lasted a few years and went out of business, an excellent Greek restaurant ("I'm Greek Today") now occupies the same space. The owner of Naylah also owns Leila in downtown WPB which is still in business last time I checked.

Since I'm a big fan of Greek and Mediterranean food, I have been to several places in the area and frequent them often.

There are quite a few in Delray and Boca, Mediterranean Kabob House and a Turkish place in Mizner, names escapes me now? A number of Falafel places that come and go. There was a Maoz falafel www.maozusa.com | place in Boynton Beach a few years ago, but it did not last, I believe the person got out of the franchise and reopened it with a new name, I went there both times. I know there is also one in the Boca Town Center Mall Food Court now too.

There was a Greek place in Jupiter off of US1 that is now closed, it was called "Santorini Blue" it was in the Publix shopping center on US1. I was there a few times, food was good, just not a great location.

There is a new Greek place that will be opening soon in Palm Beach Gardens off of A1A in the Promenade Shopping Center.

Not sure how well a place just serving falafel, dolmades, hummus will do, I know Mr. Gyros off of PGA and Military has a good business serving Gyros and etc. mainly Greek style but always busy during lunch. Also there is another place Aladdin Mediterranean Cuisine off of Northlake Blvd near Home Depot that's been there for a while. These places are small and tend to favor the lunch crowd.

If your menu is more like this place in Winter Park, FL which I have been to and really liked it. Then location will be more critical and probably equal high rent.

Welcome to Bosphorous Restaurant

Let me know what happens, I'm always itching to try out new places.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
can you call me at 202 615 5555 i got good location for you in fl

Old 05-10-2011, 10:51 AM

71 posts, read 176,260 times
Del Mar Shopping Village in Boca - Powerline & Palmetto Park Rd. I noticed there are empty spaces available.

http://www.federalrealty.com/mypropidex/pdf/194-1940_combined.pdf (broken link)

Also check out The Garden Shops - south of Palmetto Park & Powerline. There are a number of restaurants in that center as well.

Let us know where you open your restaurant. I belong to a number of vegetarian groups and we can meet in your restaurant.

Best of luck to you.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,104 times
Default Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam N. View Post
hi,

i'm looking to open a mediterranean restaurant near boca raton and west palm beach areas. the restaurant will target families and adults between 20's and fourties. looking for a high traffic busy area where people can enjoy a great meal with an authentic atmosphere. food inludes hummos falafel vine leaves olives etc. so i need some international market that are familiar with this type of cuisine. place will be polished and exotic and prices will be medium range so looking for high-medium to high income areas. any advise on locations that are great for this type of restaurant.

thanks in advance for your input
Currently own a restaurant in Boca area and would love to help if I can.
As important the location, your choice of landlord is also very important.
It took us 18 months to convert a retail space to a restaurant space. Knowing
what the difficulties are, I would like to share with you the experiences we've had. Lots of luck and prosperity.
N. jan

Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,104 times
Currently own a restaurant in Boca area and would love to help if I can.
As important the location, your choice of landlord is also very important.
It took us 18 months to convert a retail space to a restaurant space. Knowing
what the difficulties are, I would like to share with you the experiences we've had. Lots of luck and prosperity.
N. jan

Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,710,305 times
I will go to it anywhere as long as it had actual real Med food. I am tired of these places advertising themselves as Med, Greek, or Turk, but yet the food is hardly so. Those places know what to do, just do not know how to do it. But I am probably a bit more picky becasue I lived/worked in Greece and Turkey for a couple of years, and travelled there numerous other times.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 AM

623 posts, read 1,298,363 times
I also agree with boxus. Or perhaps, their 'customers' are asking for non med items.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach