Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2011, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 8,175 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone:

I'm looking to buy a Single Family Home in the 200K - 225K range. My wife and I are close to 30, and will be starting a family soon. I work in Boca Raton and would like to be as close to work as possible.

However, I have been renting in the Boynton Beach area for the past 4+ years, and absolutely love the area. The area on Congress Ave between Boynton Beach Blvd and Gateway Blvd has lots and lots of dining options, a Super Walmart, BJ's, a Super Target, Best Buy, and of course the Boynton Beach mall.

I have read through a lot of threads on this forum, and am really surprised to see that not many people are considering buying property in Boynton Beach. Why is that so? Is there anything bad about Boynton Beach that I am not aware of, which would overshadow all its obvious benefits?

The posts on this forum seem to favor Boca quite a bit, but could you tell me in what way it is better than Boynton Beach?

Having said that, would you be able to suggest communities in both Boynton Beach & Boca Raton where I should look in my price range? The most important factor is a good school district. I am looking for a 3+ bedroom home built after 2005, preferably with a low HOA.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Haitain gangs and retirees are two negatives for me. Google Sand Castle Gang shooting Christmas eve at the lovely Boynton Beach mall.

Not actually Boynton (but rather unincorporated Lake Worth) the neighborhoods out at Hypoluxo/Jog are nice. Lake Charlestown, Smith Farms and others are all nice homes in good family neighborhoods.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:22 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
You'll have a very hard time finding home newer than 2000 under 225k in Boca. There are literally 0 on the market right now.
Boynton tends to get a bad rap because of parts of East Boynton, but around the Renaissance Commons area as you are referring to there is a lot of stuff to do. I lived there for a year and decided to move a little further North, but enjoyed my time there.
To get in your price range you will probably have to find something a little older than you are expecting. Once in awhile something comes up in Greystone, or Knollwood in that range after 2005, but that will really limit you.
If you go back a few years 2000 built+ Verona Lakes would be a good fit for your situation.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:33 PM

26 posts, read 56,710 times
Lake Charleston is fantastic! My parents have lived there for over 15 years. It's such a great place to raise kids. The shools are excellent and have been so since they were built! Most of the homes were built in the 90's I believe, so they're older but really nice and you can probably find something in your price range. Some of the lots are a little bigger than new homes being built so you get more land for your money.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:56 PM

387 posts, read 515,266 times
Check the crime stats. Delray and Boynton Beach need to address that issue real quick. Boca seems to stay on top of it for the most part. One of the papers shows the areas hardest hit with crime on an interactive map on their website. It's either the Palm Beach Post or Sun Sentinel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach