Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 AM

63 posts, read 192,400 times

Advertisements

My husband got a great job in Pompano Beach. We will be moving from Boston area come July. (My husband and I are originally from NYC and Ireland)

We hear that Boca Raton has great public schools for our darling 8 year old daughter.
She will be entering third grade.

So, we would like to find an affordable rental for our family in a safe neighborhood with a good school.

It seems looking over this forum, people like Central and East Boca.
We would also like be near the center (near (green) markets, library, cinema, arts, restaurants). But first and foremost would like to be near good schools.

I think I hear that Boca is not walkable, but would love to walk when we can.

My daughter is interested in theater, singing and arts. I would like to get her in a theater/music program. Plus, her swimming needs to get better. Would love to know of great swimming lessons in the area?

I know Boca has a lot of wealth, but would love to find the neighborhood that fits for this friendly, middle class, middle-aged family.

BTW, we lived briefly in Miami, so we have these tiny snapshots of Boca and Deerfield Beach...Thanks - any info would be appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 10:57 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Swimming Both my kids are now at Saint Andrews in Central Boca and love it...They swam for Pine Crest prior...We love living in Central Boca and both of us are from Brooklyn NY then moved to NJ for almost 10 years...
Good Luck with the move..

Old 03-12-2011, 03:42 PM

63 posts, read 192,400 times
Thanks Swimmom32.
Any information is so helpful as we start over in Florida.
My dad grew up in Brooklyn and now we have various friends living there.
Brooklyn has changed and has become a mini Manhattan in it's own right.
We are looking forward to our next journey in Florida, though our family will not know anyone in the area. But, luckily I have a child who will be involved in things where we will meet people.

Strangely I think I will see more friends as it seem they all usually go to Fl to visit parents and relatives. Thanks again.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
two your welcome..We only have my parents here as snowbirds 4 months out of the year and my aunt and uncle live near us but they travel 8 months out of the year so we dont see them that often either..Yes Brooklyn has changed its too bad too..If you have any questions please feel free to ask!!

We too started over so this was a new beginning for us...and it was the best decision we have ever made..

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach