Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 AM

23 posts, read 47,876 times

Advertisements

Hi There,

I'm relocating from Chicago for a job in Boca Raton at the end of April. Based on a recommendation from this board, I have been looking at the Stonybrook Apartments in Boynton Beach (Boynton Beach Blvd & Jog Rd), and so far I am really impressed with what I'm seeing.

Anyone have any firsthand experience with this community? Good/bad? What about the surrounding area? There are a lot of conveniences close by (stores, doctors, pharmacies, etc) and I like that the community itself is very convenient to the turnpike.

Any direction you could give would be appreciated. I'm looking at their 2/2 apartments with garage for about $1200/month - if you don't recommend Stonybrook, do you have a recommendation for something along those lines?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 03:20 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,895,925 times
Stoneybrrok is a great apt. community. I help my niece research apts. when she moved from VA to West Palm Beach area. When we went there for "look /see" none of the other complexes even came close to Stoneybrook in the amenities you receive for the rent charged. The one bedroom she rents has 2 large walk in closets in her 1/1. She loves it there. Great neighborhood is very close to turnpike exit and across the street from a very nice Publix shopping center.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:39 PM

122 posts, read 314,676 times
Generally speaking, it is one of the better places in the area compared to what is available. A number of years back, I went to look at the other one directly off the turnpike and it looked run down (it was only a few years old when I went there) I would also check some of the apartment rating sites too, you have to sometimes take the reviews with a grain of salt though. I've seen some negative reviews about SB. The area is nice but a bit older in the demographic.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM

In my opinion, apartment reviews are mostly written by people having an axe to grind with the apt. management. People who are happy tend not to write reviews. The reviews have value, but must be read with a critical eye. Anyone looking to rent in a new geographic area, is foolish if they don't go to view the rental possiblitlies in person before signing a lease. Before my niece rented ast Stoneybrrok, we did read the reviews. Most of the negatives were re: crowded parking conditions in the front area of the complex. My niece is in the back area and there appears to be ample parking there. If renting a 2/2 with garage, this should not be an issue.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Thanks so much for the responses! It's my #1 choice so far, but I agree - there's only so much you can REALLY tell from reviews on apartmentratings.com and pictures on their official website. I'll have to go scope it out in person, but having some real input from people with firsthand experience is very, very helpful.

I really appreciate it!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:48 AM

239 posts, read 474,012 times
I really like the area. It has a lot of stores nearby and restaurants. Not sure of the average 'age' group of residents. KIds? 55 and over? not sure

Old 03-22-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra1007 View Post
I really like the area. It has a lot of stores nearby and restaurants. Not sure of the average 'age' group of residents. KIds? 55 and over? not sure
Generally 55 and over, the Publix is just down the street. As you go west past the turnpike near Lyons it is predominantly all retirees. A younger person (20-29) will probably feel a little out of place in the area.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:21 AM

I guess it depends on the person. My niece is 25 and does not feel out of place at all living in Stoneybrook.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:18 AM

The age demographic of the area in general being a bit older doesn't matter much to me, but I would be interested to know if anyone knows of the age demographic in the community itself....i.e. lots of kids running around? Lots of young professionals (like me - single, 30, no kids)? Older adults? Not that it really matters, but it's good to know, going in.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:16 AM

I don't know about the complex itself but there isn't really much nightlife in the immediate area. If you are young and want to mingle you will have to venture out to Congress or other areas further afar. A friend on the east side of town (about the same age as you) has lamented that the social scene leaves much to be desired. In fact, when I leased my place several years ago, the broker told me the previous person felt that Boynton was just "too quiet" for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach