Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:21 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times

Advertisements

What type of business are you thinking of? I do think I read somewhere the average age is in the 60's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
What type of business are you thinking of? I do think I read somewhere the average age is in the 60's.
Thank you, Daniella ~ Palm Beach isn't mostly old people. I have worked there for 30 years. It's a great town.
The Palm Beach police are great, too. They don't pull people for no reason. They're good cops!
Nice to see you on the forum(s)!
The "old guard" still exists in Palm Beach.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM

70 posts, read 176,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Thank you, Daniella ~ Palm Beach isn't mostly old people. I have worked there for 30 years. It's a great town.
The Palm Beach police are great, too. They don't pull people for no reason. They're good cops!
Nice to see you on the forum(s)!
The "old guard" still exists in Palm Beach.
Males: 4,256 (44.2%)
Females: 5,365 (55.8%)

Palm Beach median resident age: 66.6 years
Florida median age: 38.7 years

Diversity Breakdown
White alone - 9,493 (98.4%)
Hispanic - 71 (0.7%)
Asian alone - 51 (0.5%)
American alone - 16 (0.2%)
Two or more races - 13 (0.1%)

Full-time law enforcement employees in 2009, including police officers: 121 (76 officers).
Officers per 1,000 residents here: 7.98
Florida average: 2.50

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq1cM2lr

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq1HCR8i

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq10uC9e

------------------------------------------------------------
In short, through the facts listed and even the admittance of users here:

Palm Beach can be summed up easily:
Very pretty
Most of the Beach Front is Private
Lots of Cops
Little Diversity
Lots of Old People

You will get pulled over if you don't seem to fit the bill and that's statistically more likely in Palm Beach than in the rest of Florida. This is quantifiable and not subject to my proclivities or biases. If you want my opinion I don't think they like outsiders at all.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrypositive View Post
Males: 4,256 (44.2%)
Females: 5,365 (55.8%)

Palm Beach median resident age: 66.6 years
Florida median age: 38.7 years

Diversity Breakdown
White alone - 9,493 (98.4%)
Hispanic - 71 (0.7%)
Asian alone - 51 (0.5%)
American alone - 16 (0.2%)
Two or more races - 13 (0.1%)

Full-time law enforcement employees in 2009, including police officers: 121 (76 officers).
Officers per 1,000 residents here: 7.98 Excellent!
Florida average: 2.50 So Palm Beach is super-great!

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq1cM2lr

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq1HCR8i

Read more: //www.city-data.com/city/Palm-B...#ixzz1Kq10uC9e

------------------------------------------------------------
In short, through the facts listed and even the admittance of users here:

Palm Beach can be summed up easily:
Very pretty That's for sure!
Most of the Beach Front is Private Yep! Most.
Lots of Cops Excellent! Bust those criminals!
Little Diversity Perfect. Although I somewhat disagree. Of all the residents I know, they're not all white Americans. And that's fine.
Lots of Old People Yayyy! Old people tend to be better people.

You will get pulled over if you don't seem to fit the bill and that's statistically more likely in Palm Beach than in the rest of Florida. This is quantifiable and not subject to my proclivities or biases. If you want my opinion I don't think they like outsiders at all.
Yep! The Palm Beach police do their job very, very well.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 PM

179 posts, read 565,863 times
Yep! I agree. Palm Beach is legendary. And the old ways are kinda steadfast. they don't do change very well, and that's OK. And a lot of those people are the ones that do fund many of the charity organizations for many of our citizens when their is a crisis.
I do know there is a lot more to Palm Beach then mansions.
Just north of Royal Poinciana Way there are homes that are rented, and sometimes at a normal price that you can find on the other side of the bridge.
There are mother in law cottages behind many of the homes as well, that the owners rent out.
Like many other areas in Florida, Palm Beach also is a frame of mind. But if you visit Palm Beach, be prepared to play by their rules. Your welcome to visit, anytime, many love to dine in the restaurants, and shop on Worth Ave, but guys "keep your shirts on" carry the skate board, and girls and guys, "no underwear showing!!
There are a lot of little quirks, but that's what makes PALM BEACH, PALM BEACH.
And we truly wouldn't expect any thing less of it

Old 04-30-2011, 08:26 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,305 times
..speaking of underwear showing................

About ten years ago I watched an old PB cop as he was using his binoculars to watch a girl at Clark Beach who was wearing a thong.
For the entire time that he spent on his radio trying to find out the current law concerning thongs he felt in neccasary to keep his eye on the "thong".

After about 45 minutes of "surveillance" he went back to work.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:37 PM

6 posts, read 8,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
It's tiny...not as big as people imagine it to be. My bf's family has done business in the area (they own several restaurants in palm beach county as well). When I think of Palm Beach...I think of a place for locals. They're not exactly 'tourist friendly'. More like 'seasonal resident friendly' if that makes sense. I read up on the history of Palm Beach and I remember there was one really interesting fact about the place- there are no road signs (highway or otherwise) that lead you to Palm Beach. Not that it's hard to find but that was done on purpose. It was never meant to be a tourist destination.
hi everyone! just want to revive this thread..all your response about the place has distinct importance. Very informative guys. However, do you think that the people in Palm Beach should become more friendly so it would attract tourists? Though I know it is not a tourist destination, it would be best for the place to become more popular for the benefits of the businesss community.

By the way, what's the name of your bf's family business? Do you visit the restaurant pretty often? Well, I love foods. Maybe I can try to eat there.. I also own a business in Palm Beach and I find everything's alright there. So far, so good..

Old 05-03-2011, 01:29 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,654,540 times
No I don't think it would benefit Palm Beach to attract more tourists. It is great the way it is.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:34 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,305 times
They recently raised the price of parking at the main beach to discourage "visitors"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach