Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:39 PM

8 posts, read 42,824 times

Advertisements

Hello All:

I am moving to the boynton beach area in november and would like to get some feed back about the area. i am moving with my wife and small son (age 4). my wife is a nurse and i'm an accountant. it seems as if when it comes to jobs boynton beach pays more than say ft. lauderdale for most professions. where is the best place to look for apartments in the 1200 to 1500 range. i also want to know about schools and accounting jobs.

thanks a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:42 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,353 times
I have no clue but wanted to say congratulations!!!!

To be honest I have been told to stay away from Boynton Beach. I am curious to see what kind of replies you will get.
We are also moving to this September and we are considering a home in Jupiter.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Boynton Beach has a lot of SERIOUS gehttos and crime issues. I have encountered MS-13 guys there. However, stay west of Millitary Trail, and it's actually really nice. Just locate in Boynton west of Millitary, and the schools are good (look for Park Vista High district in particular), there is plenty of shopping/etc,it's newer and it's relatively safe. I have found that some of the people throughout Palm Beach County are kind of what you would call "a-holes" though, and west Boynton is loaded with them.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:48 AM

423 posts, read 1,643,093 times
I live in Delray Beach, just south of Boynton Beach and go up quite often for business, shopping, restaurants etc. The area is not as bad as some people will have you believe. I do agree with earlier post that western part is much nicer to settle down and family oriented. The housing values are also much decent than Delray or Boca. Not to mention you are still within 15 - 20 mins to Boca which has more professional jobs than other cities.

I would certainly recommend Boynton to new comers as it offers some good options for rent/buy in all price ranges. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about the area or housing there.

Good Luck on the move and welcome to sunny paradise

Old 08-07-2007, 09:03 AM

29 posts, read 98,751 times
I was born in South Florida the Lake Worth outskirts (very close to Boynton) I now live in Jupiter (LOVE IT) schools are great people are great. I moved up some north because Lake Worth/Boynton was no good for my children and I felt unsafe. I am actually moving to NC because my husband is relocating we have lived in Jupiter now for 7 years and I can't tell you one bad thing. Jupiter has the BEST schools (I have four children 13-4) neighbors are great and we do allot in the Neighborhood and we have our own park close to the beach and pool. So if you are coming down I would sugested going to Donald Ross in the Jupiter area. The price range here I am not sure of, I only know the house go fast because it's so great here! I know for our 3/2/2 we will be asking 315,000.00 but around us I am not sure I know the high end homes are going around the high 5's. If you need anything let me know again I have lived in south florida since birth (31 years) If I can help I will. My parents still live around there. IF you really want to and feel the need - Look West of Congress (STAY AWAY FROM EAST BOYNTON) Try West Lake worth also anything West of Congress is pretty good. Park Vista I second that (I have herd great things) Homes are pretty pricey but we have friends that live around there some children go to Private though.

Last edited by Amywpbfl; 08-07-2007 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: wanted to add to it...

Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Lemme tell you, it blows here. To the OP, move to Atlanta, where the traffic flows free, and the schools are the best on the planet!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:39 AM

8 posts, read 42,824 times
Thanks to everyone for your responses. specifically what i am looking for is an area where there is no drug dealers hanging out and where my kid can play outside. i am not looking to buy right away but will in a year or so. i want to live somewhere it would be easy to drive to work. can you guys provide with some communities that are close to the metro area (for work)

Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 AM

423 posts, read 1,643,093 times
While I am not a big fan of gated communities, but since you are new to the area and looking for a rental (initially until you decide to buy), I would suggest renting in one of the many gated communities in Boynton. Since that will you more piece of mind and you won't have people just driving around your street, and kids can play safely (preferably in a community park setting)... I am going to send you a PM as well.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehed View Post
Hello All:

I am moving to the boynton beach area in november and would like to get some feed back about the area. i am moving with my wife and small son (age 4). my wife is a nurse and i'm an accountant. it seems as if when it comes to jobs boynton beach pays more than say ft. lauderdale for most professions. where is the best place to look for apartments in the 1200 to 1500 range. i also want to know about schools and accounting jobs.

thanks a lot.
Boynton Beach is worse during season, along with the traffic and crowded stores and etc. It has a high retirement population along with Delray Beach. Along with some crime issues, most rentals are east of Jog Road, but if you talk to a realtor you may find something for rent west of Jog Road that's is a much safer area. Like a house or villa in that price range.

The job market is sporadic and salaries might be less then you expect, depending on what you can find you may or may not need to drive too far.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:31 PM

17 posts, read 78,830 times
Can you name any complexes that are in Boynton but west of Military Trail? What about the senior apartments Boynton Bay, any comments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach