Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM

13 posts, read 59,688 times

Advertisements

have visited WPB, Jupiter, and PBG and mixed on which is best for me (mid 30's, single). Why would I want to live in Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens instead of West Palm? thx for any and all comments

My Ranking:

1. WPB - any reasons not to live near CityPlace and Clematis ?

2. PBG - seems like middle road between WPB and Jupiter, plenty of activity but wish it was closer to ocean

3. Jupiter - awesome beach & restuarants, but would being a single guy in Jupiter be crazy as it seems ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 12:59 PM

18 posts, read 57,451 times
If you're mid 30's and single. I think you'll have the best time in WPB

Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 AM

321 posts, read 362,793 times
Just get your concealed and live in WPB!!!

The criminals all carry so you need to be ready if you are living in WPB. OR just keep random 50 bucks on you at all times for when you get robbed.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:05 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
Jupiter area is slow and I am not sure a single young guy would like living there. It seems like a lot of families and then retired. Possibly some areas are more suited in Jupiter to single and your age. I think there is someone who is your age and male who lives there on the boards and maybe will chime in. It is nice and overall safe though.
I thought parts of WP are ok in terms of safety such as the City Place area? The problem lies and this is true in FL in general from mile to mile it goes from safe to not.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:05 PM

492 posts, read 1,397,303 times
We live in western Palm Beach Gardens, but we are older. There are some places near the Gardens Mall in PBG that would probably appeal to the younger singles such as Legacy Place. City Place and Clematis are good for the night life, but the immediate surrounding areas are not that safe.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcole07 View Post
We live in western Palm Beach Gardens, but we are older. There are some places near the Gardens Mall in PBG that would probably appeal to the younger singles such as Legacy Place. City Place and Clematis are good for the night life, but the immediate surrounding areas are not that safe.
Edit:

The immediate area to the NORTH of Cityplace is "not safe".... to the east it is safe, to the west there is nothing but highway, and to the south it is safe.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
Just get your concealed and live in WPB!!!

The criminals all carry so you need to be ready if you are living in WPB. OR just keep random 50 bucks on you at all times for when you get robbed.

Please. Not all of West Palm Beach is the ghetto. The better residential areas south of Okeechobee Blvd. are great places to live, with tons more character, walkability and real town charm than contrived subdivisions and suburbs.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:52 AM

11 posts, read 27,787 times
Thumbs up WPB is best choice

hey there - My husband and I are in our early/mid 30's and went through the same questions when deciding where to live. We opted for WPB and haven't looked back since. We love that we can walk to clematis, meyers amphitheater, walk to the ocean, to cityplace, publix ,etc. there are LOTS of residents in this area in the same age range and we absolutely love it. They have something going on every Thursday night and something every weekend once "season" starts, minimally with the Green Market on saturday mornings.

feel free to private message me if you have any other questions.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM

9 posts, read 34,224 times
If you're able to afford a rental in downtown (usually around $1400/month for a 1 br), then I would certainly suggest it. There is also an area just a few minutes away that is a friendly historic district and has houses/apts with tons of charm. The areas surrounding the downtown (Tamarind) can be very dangerous but as long as you live in those 2 areas, you'll be fine. Palm beach gardens also has a good downtown nightlife (not nearly as eventful as west palm's, though) and is an all around, safe area and will cost less to rent. The only part that I would recommend in Jupiter for what you're looking for, would be something along the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach