Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 05:46 PM

58 posts, read 126,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
There is no M street east of Federal.
Probably means east of Dixie(US1). A lot of people still call that Federal. Just to the south, both roads merge into each other.

One significant downside to Lake Worth is their utilities. They refuse to give up the electric company to FP&L.
The system is antiquated and cost more to run and the costs are passed on to the users. That city was so broke financially that they had to let
go of their police dept. and have the county take over.

"M" St. is too close to Dixie for most peoples comfort. Dixie is all commercial property and the rail road runs parallel to it.

That area also has a higher than average crime rate.

Last edited by mikecu; 09-02-2011 at 05:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:53 AM

8 posts, read 23,634 times
I just came back to PA from a recon buying trip to Delray Beach, Boynton and a home came up in Lake Worth while I was there. It was in the gated community of Smith Farms. I liked the neighborhood and placed an offer. I interviewed a neighbor who moved there 11 years ago from LI and heard none of these negatives. He did say the people running the HOA are like Nazis. I understand the comments about the city govt above, but I'm mostly concerned about safety and crime. I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake. This is a vacation home which I will rent and use occasionally with the goal of retiring there in 10 years.
I ran out of time and did not see the downtown areas/restaurants etc.
Constructive feedback welcome.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:03 AM

5 posts, read 14,259 times
hi ! had in mind to move around lake worth west palm beach area, readind many blogs , there are many pro and cons...like criminality , vandalism ecc..is that due to etcnic mix?
plus wich area is cheaper on real estate taxes? some area charges astronomic fees...also on keeping the property total cost can run up to over 500$ per month...is that true ? at that point would be better not to own but to rent ...what is ur opinion ? thanks !

Old 02-18-2012, 03:11 AM

5 posts, read 14,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecu View Post
Dac10852 speaks the truth.
Thanks ! that give me a idea of not investing any money in Lake Worth !
better stay away from such a dictator like run place ! thanks !

Old 02-22-2012, 09:49 AM

207 posts, read 1,034,168 times
I think Jupiter or Palm Beach Gardens would be excellent alternatives (east of 95).

Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciano navarro View Post
Thanks ! that give me a idea of not investing any money in Lake Worth !
better stay away from such a dictator like run place ! thanks !
The "dictators" have been gone since the last election and now everything is smooth sailing

Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,332 times
I appreciate reading these posts - thinking of purchasing a winter home here - into historic preservation and a friendly, small town feel. Would Lake Worth be a good choice?

Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougarth View Post
I appreciate reading these posts - thinking of purchasing a winter home here - into historic preservation and a friendly, small town feel. Would Lake Worth be a good choice?

Lake Worth has a couple of areas that are historic minded --- college park has a bit of it but its a bit older, Parrot Cove is probably THE Lake Worth historic neighborhood.

Other historic areas in Palm Beach County include:

West Palm Beach (several neighborhoods), parts of Lake Park, and eastern Delray Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach