Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM

5 posts, read 16,536 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to West Palm Beach...and that area seems to be the most affordable area for a four bedroom. But is it safe? Please advise...Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 03:08 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,613,699 times
I spoke with someone today that has a few units in there and yes it is much better than say 2 years ago when it was over-run with Section 8 housing. New security company, new board of directors and they are trying to "save Sonoma Bay." Thousand Oaks is on the rebound also but do note you are in a beautiful community right in the middle of Riviera Beach, one of the roughest sections of Palm Beach County.

Unfortunately Marsh Harbour isn't making the rebound, it's a losing battle.

Check out Marina Grande a bit further east. Some very reasonable rentals in there and you get to live on the water (intracoastal).

Old 09-08-2011, 04:02 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
I would choose a different location to live in, personally.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 19,807 times
I bought a property in Sonoma Bay in June and I lived hapily there since then. It is a great community to enjoy. It is safe, "Thanks to the police and the security guard team".
It has a great pool to enjoy and an small exercise room , enough for my daily exercising.
Location is fantastic. You can walk to walmart and most of the stores. Intracoastal and its grand marinas are just 5 minutes away. Drive only 7 minutes and you will be in the most beautiful beach you will find in this area.
We also have a great management company that fight everyday to make this community a place where anyone want to live and keep for years.
Unfortunately for investors, prices are going up quickly. There is nothing available for sale now.
If you want to move here, please do not read the old publications, that is history. Life today is enjoyable here.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:44 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,613,699 times
Look at today's Palm Beach Post, one of your neighbors got pinched for threatening to kill a guy for a $5 debt right next door to your house (Walmart).

$5 dispute lands two Lake Park men in jail for alleged robbery at gunpoint

Google Jesse Russell , you won't believe the amount of tattoos on this guy's face!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:21 AM

584 posts, read 1,680,468 times
I talked to a person who works in the public service and lives in PBC, she told me "Riviera Beach is not safe even during the day".

I also remember someone in this forum mentioned that it's not safe to even ride a bike in Riviera Beach.

Now we see this victim who was robbed at gun point while riding a bike. The 2nd suspect who told the suspect to "murk him", a slang for "kill him (the victim)" for $5, according to the report.

The point is, you could get killed for $5 ! Buyers be aware !

Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 AM

2 posts, read 19,807 times
We have a great party at Christmas's eve and New Year's eve here at Sonoma Bay. I am glad I got something here. This is a community where you can make friends and meet with them. We walk every day and night, inside and outside the community, and let me tell you, this is a safe place and very convenient. The reality here is very different from it was two years ago.
If you do not live here, you don't know what is going on, so do not be afraid to come and talk to the neighbors.
Have a great day! We will have here at Sonoma. Thanks to the people who make Sonoma Bay a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach