Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 06:25 AM

44 posts, read 83,848 times

Advertisements

I have been studying alot of these posts, and have seen and read much negativity, and concerns of how bad neighborhoods have changed in Florida, so am seeking responsible, knowledgeable, informative individuals for specific area's and sections within the above mentioned area's. I am on a budget, and the Max amount I could spend on home would be 175,000, I know that is not alot of money, but like I said I am on a budget, and with my financing i wont have any problems paying all bills, as long as stay within my price range, I am worried to invest more due to the current economic unstable market and economy in the USA. Thank You all in advance for all info, and much needed input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Are you looking for a single family home, townhouse, or condo? Do you have children? Where will you be working? The more informative you are the better info you will get in return.
You may want to consider renting for 6 mos to a year prior to purchasing if you don't know the area.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 AM

Thank You for replying, I am interested in single family home, or a dog friendly townhouse without to many restrictions, and low HOA fee's. I dont have children, so dont have to worry about school zones, and work is no problem,because I work in health field, and have already been offered jobs in all the aboce locations. I really dont want to rent especially because of dogs, but am sure that i want to live in Florida, and dont want to return to New York, so I hope you can help me with some sections and area's where I can purchase home in safe community. Thank You

Old 09-09-2011, 04:17 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
I can understand not wanting to rent but that being said when new to a state I think it is the best way to transition. What one person may like another does not. Also you really can't get a feel for the area until you live in it. A few week vacation is very different. The areas you listed have a different feel to me so if you can spend some time it may help you choose. There are so many places for sale and because of that if you buy and change your mind you may be stuck for a long time.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
The best thing you can do if you want to buy right away is to spend a couple weeks down here and drive the areas if possible.

Many townhomes are dog friendly depending on the dog and requirements of the dog (fenced yard etc) You will probably find something a little newer in a town house than you will a single family house in your price range.

With no children, being near the Atlantic Ave strip in Delray would offer a good variety of nightlife/restaurants/shopping and easy freeway access.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:34 PM

100 posts, read 328,881 times
I say u cant go wrong with delray, boca, or deerfield.

Delray has a cute down-town area, full of restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. Kind of a young crowd, also a family crowds up more toward the beach. Delray also has beautiful beaches.. west of swinton for about a mile or 2 until u reach I-95 is a historically black neighborhood. I'm not saying it's a bad neighborhood, but it is older and I dont think all that nice. .... like if you're not black, dont count on moving in there.... otherwise, anything west of 95 in delray is pretty standard middle class... the thing is a lot of communities are self containing gated comms. so its like there could be an "ok" community" located next to an uber luxury nice community, next to a shopping plaza, next to a another standard gated community. . . however, west delray is a little bland. . very suburban, but def not bad

Boca is nice. U really can't go wrong anywhere in Boca, however it is on the expensive side. East boca tends to be the most expensive. when i say "east boca" i mean anything east of 95.
Mizner park area is like a faux-luxury lifestyle center, that is all pink and lined with palm trees, a perfect litle downtown where people go to show off their bentleys and ferraris. . . it's OK every once in a while, however its nothing all the great I don think... it's got ur standard movei theatres, shops, restaurants, a ampitheatre where live performances can happen. Its kind of a place "to be seen"... Camino Real and federal is also very nice. Of courseu need to be a billionaire to live there, but vetty vetty nice

even west boca is pretty nice. I like area around palmetto park road and powerline road. Very clean streets, plenty of conveniences, close to 95, more of a middle-upper middle class area....without all the glitz and glam of east boca, yet still classy. It's more of a family area, so you'll see the usual gated communities, golf courses, howevere they have some reasonable and beautifully landscaped aparatment complexes around there. . .
the only area in boca that may be "questionable" is the area around "sandlefoot" out by 441. I think they found a dead body in a lake there not too long ago, , but that could happen anywhere... and when i say questionable, I really mean, "not ur typical uber luxury boca"

Deerfield is in broward county just south of boca and is different vibe than boca-delray.... it's more of a "beach town" ...younger crowd lives there. A lot of colleges kids that attend FAU in boca live in deerfield...Beautiful beaches, a lot more crowded, but beautiful nonetheless... houses by the beach tend to be more "beach bungalowy"....not the mansions that line the beaches of boca-delray.. Deerfield also has a small i guess u could call "down town" which has some restaurants, bars, etc on the beach. Deerfield may be ur most affordable option. I honestly like deerfield. I think its nice.
west deerfield, anything west of 95 is pretty much a retirement village. Century village is a massive retirement village, housing some 50,000 old people, so omg, its like night of the living dead.... Have u considered coral springs?? thats close to deerfield and nice...
Deerfield is cool, cuz not only is it like 5 mins from boca, but you're also only like 15-20mins from fort lauderdale.

hope this helps

Old 09-10-2011, 03:16 AM

Thank You so very much for your informative info, and kindness for taking time out to reply to my post. Personally I am leaning towards Delray, and even heavier towards Deerfield, especially becuase of being somewhat centrally located to parts of ft. lauderdale, in the event I wish to experience some nightlife. Was hoping if you wont mind, if you can get back to me on specific sections and area's of deerfield, so as i can map it out, and search homes within desireable sections, and monitor them until i come down there in November, because when i come down in November just want to concentrate on buying home in select area's, and if you have the spare time, some sections of delray. Thank You, so Very much for your time, energy, kindness, and thoughtfullness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach