Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM

22 posts, read 82,560 times

Advertisements

Hi
Currently we own a town home in Abacoa, Jupiter. We would like to get a single family home with pool, but not sure if we want to stay in Jupiter or move to Lake Worth. I noticed that homes in lake worth are much cheaper and larger then in Jupiter. My main concern is the schools. My kids are 7 yrs old. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 08:45 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Some of the schools in West Lake Worth are very high rated and neighborhoods like lake charleston, winston trails, Journeys End, and Smith Farms would be a good fit for your family situation.
You will definitely find more affordability in Lake Worth than Jupiter. You can find good values in Jupiter, but if you want more home Lake Worth is a nice area.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 AM

Jupiter prices for 4 bedroom with pool and some backyard is over 300k plus high hoa. I'm trying to stay under $300k.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:20 AM

Thanks for the information. Actually I was looking at Smith Farm and Lake Charleston.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM

41 posts, read 143,590 times
A large foreclosure right in my neighborhood was just open this past weekend. I want to say its $346k... House is a very large 4/3 on a corner lot in Egret Landing. HOA here is $325/qtr...

Plenty to find in Jupiter in your price range. In my opinion, Jupiter is leaps and bounds better than Lake Worth[less]. After all, it didn't get that nickname for nothing...

Old 11-23-2011, 06:23 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Lake Worth is a beautiful old Florida city by the sea. It has a truly great downtown and people come from all over to visit there. The most desirable homes in Lake Worth are east of Federal Highway.
Those neighborhoods are wonderful! Bryant Park is situated there, right on the Intracoastal Waterway.
I have lived in this neighborhood for 30 years.
Take no notice of those that use the childish ugly term, "Lake Worthless". You will find that only people without a clue use such a dumb term. It's completely false.
Those of us that live here, and even Peter Noone (of Herman's Hermits!), fondly think of our little city as Lake Worthy!

Our very trendy and fun in our downtown is located between U.S.1 (Dixie Highway) and Federal Highway. West of U.S. 1 (Dixie Highway) is not so nice.

I have many hundreds of pictures to show you, of all around here, and of some of the many, many fun events and festivities that we have every year! People come from far away areas just to visit these, and our downtown also has "Evening On The Avenues" on Friday nights, where people come and gather in downtown to have fun at the many restaurants, shop in the many shops and enjoy live music, all for free(!), in the plaza and on the streets of our village. All within a short walking distance. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy great food and drinks in really nice outdoor dining areas, right on the wide sidewalks - super-good people watching!

Last edited by rainroosty; 11-23-2011 at 07:10 AM..

Old 11-23-2011, 08:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Lake Worth is a beautiful old Florida city by the sea. It has a truly great downtown and people come from all over to visit there. The most desirable homes in Lake Worth are east of Federal Highway.
Those neighborhoods are wonderful! Bryant Park is situated there, right on the Intracoastal Waterway.
I have lived in this neighborhood for 30 years.
Take no notice of those that use the childish ugly term, "Lake Worthless". You will find that only people without a clue use such a dumb term. It's completely false.
Those of us that live here, and even Peter Noone (of Herman's Hermits!), fondly think of our little city as Lake Worthy!

Our very trendy and fun in our downtown is located between U.S.1 (Dixie Highway) and Federal Highway. West of U.S. 1 (Dixie Highway) is not so nice.

I have many hundreds of pictures to show you, of all around here, and of some of the many, many fun events and festivities that we have every year! People come from far away areas just to visit these, and our downtown also has "Evening On The Avenues" on Friday nights, where people come and gather in downtown to have fun at the many restaurants, shop in the many shops and enjoy live music, all for free(!), in the plaza and on the streets of our village. All within a short walking distance. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy great food and drinks in really nice outdoor dining areas, right on the wide sidewalks - super-good people watching!

I like Lake Worth. Have many friends that live there. It has its issues (especially, as you said, west of Dixie), but to discount an entire area based on (apparently) very limited experience is just wrong.

I will say it again. east Lake Worth, east West Palm, east Delray... these areas are real cities that grew up organically, and are some of the most eclectic and interesting areas in the county. They are not polished suburbs of massive gated community after massive gated community. They have true downtowns, and walkable neighborhoods. They have independent businesses and historic character. Old Florida homes instead of row after row of zero lot line tract homes.

The kind of personality drawn to one area will not necessarily be the kind of personality drawn to the other. And that's OK. The county is big enough for all types!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex800 View Post
Hi
Currently we own a town home in Abacoa, Jupiter. We would like to get a single family home with pool, but not sure if we want to stay in Jupiter or move to Lake Worth. I noticed that homes in lake worth are much cheaper and larger then in Jupiter. My main concern is the schools. My kids are 7 yrs old. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Wellington or Western Lake Worth (West of the turnpike) will fit your needs the best.

Seems people with kids love Wellington and the amenities are ideal.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:47 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinisio View Post
A large foreclosure right in my neighborhood was just open this past weekend. I want to say its $346k... House is a very large 4/3 on a corner lot in Egret Landing. HOA here is $325/qtr...

Plenty to find in Jupiter in your price range. In my opinion, Jupiter is leaps and bounds better than Lake Worth[less]. After all, it didn't get that nickname for nothing...

I had a friend that worked for Pulte when Egret was being built. Their nickname for it was "Regret Landing"

Old 11-26-2011, 05:49 PM

23 posts, read 56,675 times
We just moved to Lake Charleston - very family friendly and the school system here has a fantastic reputation (our son is 2, so I can't comment on the system directly). I've heard similar good things said about Winston Trails, Journey's End, and Smith Farms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach