Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:58 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,639,807 times

Advertisements

Is it a neighborhood? Does it have a name? SW 19th st to 730 elm st boca raton area 33486 zip code.

Would those in the know please comment on the good the bad the ugly? A realtor sent us a few listings in this area and we're totally unfamiliar. We were looking in west boca so please fellow citi-data-folks, help!

How would you compare this neighborhood with loggers run, indian head, cimmaron etc, zip code 33428 ?

Thank you for any and all information, good, not so good etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,323,078 times
They attend Boca Middle as far as I know and well do your homework...Again if your looking at Loggers and you want an excellent Middle school why aren't you looking at Omni Middle? Read my post regarding our experience with it....

Old 12-16-2011, 09:43 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,639,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
They attend Boca Middle as far as I know and well do your homework...Again if your looking at Loggers and you want an excellent Middle school why aren't you looking at Omni Middle? Read my post regarding our experience with it....
Actually good schools nearby merely represent a different kind of financial stability to the area ( good ). Anything can happen but we don't have children. I was asking for any other information

Old 12-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Right and the Property Value's usually hold steady when your in a good school District...I can tell you from a rental standpoint too our complex and Mizner Grand are the only 2 right now that have very very low Vacancy Rates because of Boca High School and Spanish River and Omni as well as the single family homes in these areas..as im not referring to the multi million dollar homes I'm talking about Normal Homes and Just feel one can't go wrong...On the other hand, you will certainly get more house for your money in West Boca as the homes are not as expensive as they are in Central/East Boca...

Old 12-17-2011, 09:34 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,841,786 times
That sounds like Palm Beach Farms. This happens to be a very nice area. In contrast to Loggers Run and other neighborhoods out in west Boca, there is no homeowners association, so there is the occasional run down house, but most properties are well maintained, there is a mix of older and newer homes, ranging from modest to palatial, many streets are tree shaded with (almost) a Coral Gables like vibe, and it's a very good location. I would call it one of the most livable neighborhoods in Boca Raton. To me, if there are no children, this is a much more desirable area to live in compared to west Boca as it is closer to most places and just doesn't feel as anonymous as west Boca, where you can find similar looking neighborhoods in various western suburbs for significantly less money. To me, Loggers Run could just as well be in Wellington or even Pembroke Pines as it could in west Boca. I'm not knocking this area but to me the incentive to live in that area over others is for the public school district and/or if you have a family. Palm Beach Farms (the area you mentioned in the OP) is more ideal for the childless.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
That sounds like Palm Beach Farms. This happens to be a very nice area. In contrast to Loggers Run and other neighborhoods out in west Boca, there is no homeowners association, so there is the occasional run down house, but most properties are well maintained, there is a mix of older and newer homes, ranging from modest to palatial, many streets are tree shaded with (almost) a Coral Gables like vibe, and it's a very good location. I would call it one of the most livable neighborhoods in Boca Raton. To me, if there are no children, this is a much more desirable area to live in compared to west Boca as it is closer to most places and just doesn't feel as anonymous as west Boca, where you can find similar looking neighborhoods in various western suburbs for significantly less money. To me, Loggers Run could just as well be in Wellington or even Pembroke Pines as it could in west Boca. I'm not knocking this area but to me the incentive to live in that area over others is for the public school district and/or if you have a family. Palm Beach Farms (the area you mentioned in the OP) is more ideal for the childless.
I have to agree with you

Old 12-17-2011, 11:39 AM

6,882 posts, read 11,209,121 times
Smile 730 Elm

Camino Gardens - not Palm Beach Farms

Great neighborhood - families - some waterfront

I know many who live there; people know their neighbors; it's just west of SW 4 Avenue, east of SW 9 Avenue, just south of Palmetto Park Road.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:53 PM

623 posts, read 1,299,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I have to agree with you
I agree it's really a nice neighborhood. However, I do know there are lots of kids there, so what do you mean 'without kids'?

I also thought it was zoned for good publics, but maybe i'm wrong or it's changed. ?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:15 PM

its down palmetto they are Rezoning after military Trail from what they county told me...When we we were looking for rentals we were told Boca Elem and Boca Middle I dont know if they changed them, but the County also told me that from Military Trail and Palmetto and Camino Rd up to Military Trail will be going to Boca Middle and No longer Omni...

Without Kids? Mr Tudo does not have kids...and even though one doesn't have any, Schools are important for resale value...

Last edited by Swimmom32; 12-17-2011 at 09:27 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 08:43 PM

623 posts, read 1,299,922 times
agree/ should always consider resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach