Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:21 PM

69 posts, read 226,166 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a moving company for state to state moving? Actually if you have used a company and didn't like them I'd like to know also so we stay away from them. Pricing info would help also. We are movingfrom NY to FL.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:18 PM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,289,432 times
We used Suddath, They were great. Pricing depends on how much stuff you have.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM

15 posts, read 30,791 times
I am moving from Florida to Ny LI What moving company would you suggest?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:42 AM

63 posts, read 156,077 times
We rented a Penske truck,towed a car behind it and did it oursleves. It wasn't fun but we knew where and in what condition our items would be in when we got here from MA.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 21,044 times
My experience using a local city company to move the first time from Seattle to San Diego was not pleasant. They did not do as they promised. My second experience using a local company to move my stuff to a relo cube location and then use another local company to retrieve my stuff from relo cube site. This is across the country from San Diego to New York. The only dissatifying experience was that the San Diego local company didn't pack my stuff well enough in the relo cube and my bed frame was scratched from moving within the cube. The relo cube company was very fast, they were on destination city before I got there. I also liked their customer service, very friendly and price was not outrageous. If you have friends who can help you move your stuff to the relocube site or that your location allow a cube to be place to pack your stuff, that's even easier and save some $$. I had to use local moving company because I'm a petite woman with no muscle to move beds and heavy boxes. Although I did move myself from San Francisco to Seattle in two trips with my Honda civic.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM

16 posts, read 45,747 times
I have used several Co's over the years and highly recommend United Van Lines ..There should be local agents for them in your area !!.. they are highly professional , have never lost or damaged an item ( some of the others did ) the last time I did my own packing except for mirrors and pictures ..they did a superb job..Were very accomodating as far as when to deliver ..

Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM

25 posts, read 81,311 times
Default bayshore

Pa. to Florida with Bayshore in Dec. They did a good job. They move based on weight but after they do an inventory for your estimate, they gaurentee not to exceed the estimate price. they would reduce the price if you weighed in lower but would not go above the cap.
it was not cheap but I had a lot of stuff for a family of 5. I contacted them often with lots of questions and they were quick to respond. It was not perfect but really a pretty good job. I would use them again.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:04 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,813,566 times
Not sure if they do that run, but stay away from Father & Son. A few years back someone I used to work with had a very bad experience with them (lots of broken stuff), and they were totally non-responsive. I don't think they even returned a phone call. Bad.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 AM

69 posts, read 226,166 times
Thanks, we actually moved already and used a local company. Now we are here in sunny Florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach