Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:03 PM

6 posts, read 95,587 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm considering a move to West Palm Beach this November, however, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what clubs and sports are available to 3 year olds.

My twins will be 3 and 5 months, and I want to ensure that there is plenty to keep them occupied and busy. My girl currently goes to dancing and a music group, and my boy goes to trampolining and karate and they both love it. Does anyone know what will be available for them over there? Thanks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Are you moving to the city of West Palm Beach itself.... or the "West Palm Beach area"?

Old 09-02-2007, 06:16 AM

607 posts, read 3,557,622 times
For Karate or Tia Kuan Do, Jin Chung is by far the best

For dance, Fame in Wellington is also the best

There are also some gymnastics schools in the area.

Good luck with your move and don't let the "trolls" on this sight discourage you about this town. It's awesome and getting better everyday.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:28 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,247,966 times
Actually, West Palm Beach is getting worse. The crime rates right now are the highest they've ever been and many of the old decent neighborhoods are becoming very dangerous. I'm assuming you're just moving to unincorporated West Palm Beach though, which is safe and where the majority of the people with 'West Palm Beach' addresses live.

Personally I'd rather live in Wellington, much nicer and safer, and definitely more "happening" than most western communities.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Actually, West Palm Beach is getting worse. The crime rates right now are the highest they've ever been and many of the old decent neighborhoods are becoming very dangerous. I'm assuming you're just moving to unincorporated West Palm Beach though, which is safe and where the majority of the people with 'West Palm Beach' addresses live.

Personally I'd rather live in Wellington, much nicer and safer, and definitely more "happening" than most western communities.
This kind of negativity is exactly what I was refering to.

maybe you should just move instead of crying like a baby.

Old 09-02-2007, 12:26 PM

895 posts, read 4,248,514 times
Please do not let other people's negativity keep you from doing what you want to do with your move. West Palm is a huge area as well as Palm Beach County. Until you have more specifics as to where you're moving, it's hard to give you advice on activities. There are tons of activities and places to go with young kids in the county. Are you going to be downtown, suburbs - north or south or east or west? Once we know that, we can be more specific on places to go.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:36 PM

6 posts, read 95,587 times
Hi again, thanks for all your replies. We're looking into the southern area, boca raton beach, and the surrounding areas.

Old 09-02-2007, 03:12 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Ok, well we'll amend your original post then: Any Southern Palm Beach County residents that can help out?

(Palm Beach County is huge, so it's important to know where exactly you will be living).

Old 09-02-2007, 03:17 PM

isn't Boca like South West Palm, like?

Old 09-02-2007, 03:35 PM

129 posts, read 478,030 times
Ok You do have the YMCA and there is private Places you can sign your children up. This is in Boca Raton South palm beach. They due offer alot of" private places" to have your children go to. (I will not say anything bad about South fl. Even though i am pounding my keyboard) some of the places are suppose to be good. I can check it out if you want me to. However it will be in Boca. P.M.
Icelady
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach