Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,981 times

Advertisements

I am 61 years old and new to the Boca area. I am having a hard time trying to meet people in my age group. I am not really into internet dating. Does anyone know of any groups that get together to talk and plan activities. Ive tried calling several churches but they have nothing like this. When I lived in Jersey there was a group called passages and they got together once a week for a meeting and we planned things like hiking, kyacking, trips to the city, etc. Would appreciate any info you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 06:12 AM

66 posts, read 187,459 times
Maybe you can start a group? There are probably a lot of 55+ newbies to Boca I'm sure people will flock to a group similar to the one in Jersey, you can even use the same name

Good luck!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
http://www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us/pdf/Recreator.pdf

The city has a lot of great opportunities to get out an meet people. They have kyaking and other activities, as well as more sedentary options. I would imagine that taking almost any class will put you in touch with those 55+.

Every church I've been to here has been senior-heavy.

The Congregational Church of Boca is very welcoming and has a dining out group.

Fun for Grown Ups

First United Methodist Church is larger and has lots of activities.

First United Methodist Church, Boca Raton | Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World

Old 04-14-2012, 08:02 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
Isn't the whole city a 55+ group?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinet View Post
Isn't the whole city a 55+ group?
HAHAHAHA no It's not...Im not 55 yet...lmao Don't rush me....DH just turned 45 on the 10th I don't turn 44 until Sept....

Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup is a site (not a dating site) with tons of groups in each area for just about any interest, age group, etc. You can even start a group of your own if one you're looking for doesn't exist in your particular area - it's discussed in a number of rooms here and a lot of people do belong to varying groups on it.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach