Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM

26 posts, read 45,782 times

Advertisements

We are considering a snowbird "move" to be closer to our family in Jupiter FL during the winters. We would like a house (not townhouse or condo) 2-3BR ranch, preferably gated. I have seen some listings in Eastpointe in PBG. I understand they have a mandatory membership around $4000 per year. The houses seemed priced reasonably, while not being too far away from Jupiter which seems more on the expensive side.

Is there a community IN Jupiter where we should look for a 2-3BR house (ranch for us seniors) in the $200-250k range? HOA and gated preferred, but not mandatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
There are tons of options out there... neighborhoods such as the Hamptons/Maplewood, or Greenbeier will have options in your price range.

Also, you may like PGA National, in Palm Beach Gardens. There are multiple neighborhoods in that development, and it's easily accessible to Jupiter. The neighborhoods of Barclay Club, Villas D'Este, Ironwood and Bristol Club are located within the development, and are good places to start.

Examples from the Palm Beach Post real estate section: http://floridahome.palmbeachpost.com/realestate/listings/results/?bedrooms=2,3,4&full_text=PGA&limit=10&listing_typ e=SALE&municipality=28&order_by=price_desc&page=1& price_gte=Min&price_lte=250000&property_type=Singl e Family,House (broken link)

Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
You have a lot to choose from. The only snag will be that you want a ranch home. Do you prefer to be more north or south, i.e. closer to Palm Beach for activities or farther away for more quiet and security?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 13,622 times
Default I live there

The community of eastpointe is well maintained, great location and very affordable. There are 2 golf/country clubs on the premises. The mandatory membership is for a "social-not golf" membership in either one-not both. The population of the community is primarily senior citizens with a few younger people moving in due to the affordability.
Carefully check which if either of the "clubs" suit you before buying here. I do not belong to either as i have lived here long enough to have been exempt from the mandatory $4000+ fee.
It is a very nice place in a great location and inexpensive, but check the whole area as there are many options,, check also pga national, abacoa, and others..get a real estate agent to work for you that knows the area and has references in the area...check the references---protect yourself by getting all i mean "all" the facts before you commit yourself to a buy.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEL714 View Post
The community of eastpointe is well maintained, great location and very affordable. There are 2 golf/country clubs on the premises. The mandatory membership is for a "social-not golf" membership in either one-not both. The population of the community is primarily senior citizens with a few younger people moving in due to the affordability.
Carefully check which if either of the "clubs" suit you before buying here. I do not belong to either as i have lived here long enough to have been exempt from the mandatory $4000+ fee.
It is a very nice place in a great location and inexpensive, but check the whole area as there are many options,, check also pga national, abacoa, and others..get a real estate agent to work for you that knows the area and has references in the area...check the references---protect yourself by getting all i mean "all" the facts before you commit yourself to a buy.
Is the 4k annual fee in addition TO the quarterly HOA of $850? thanks

Old 08-30-2012, 12:43 PM

4 posts, read 13,622 times
Default I live there

yes, the $4000 membership fee is in addition to the HOA fees of about $1000/quarter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach