Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,024,047 times

Advertisements

I was there recently and was astounded by the numerous of police cars every where in Delray Beach. It wasn't like this when I have been there in the past years. The police were everywhere and not just driving around the area, but even on the beach. Never ever seen that. After a while the police calmed down in paroling the area. Then when I got home to Kentucky, there was worse crime going on here than there. I think it is safer there in Florida than Kentucky~! Is it really safer there or what~?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,576,801 times
They were out keeping the peace more than likely, because it was season and a lot of tourists were in town, based on the reports crime in Palm Beach County is down from 2010 for 2011. Also a lot of crime is spilling over from Broward where crime is up.

Crime rate drops slightly statewide and in Miami-Dade, rises in Broward - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Broward County Stats

- Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Palm Beach County

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...alm-Beach.aspx

As of this past few months though, there has been a lot of PBSO shootings and other drive-by shootings, see my other post from today.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,024,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
They were out keeping the peace more than likely, because it was season and a lot of tourists were in town, based on the reports crime in Palm Beach County is down from 2010 for 2011. Also a lot of crime is spilling over from Broward where crime is up.

Crime rate drops slightly statewide and in Miami-Dade, rises in Broward - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

Broward County Stats

Palm Beach County

As of this past few months though, there has been a lot of PBSO shootings and other drive-by shootings, see my other post from today.
Yes, I was there during the high tourist season. I felt safe, really safe but wasn't worried about it except seeing how many police cars that were around. Oh yes, some man I met told me his son is a police officer and they arrested like 300 illegal immigrants there. I'll look for your other posts, thanks

Old 06-20-2012, 08:53 AM

You have to keep in mind the South Florida Metro area is huge in population, nearly a population of 6 Million people, it will be hard to not have any crime.

Miami metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it's any good news, Florida escaped the top 10 most dangerous cities in America.

The Most Dangerous Cities in America - 24/7 Wall St.

At the same time though, I drive by Shoot Straight all the time off of Southern Blvd, it's a new Shooting Range/Gun Shop, it's always packed, so much that there is no place to park and people park on the grass.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

143 posts, read 470,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
You have to keep in mind the South Florida Metro area is huge in population, nearly a population of 6 Million people, it will be hard to not have any crime.

Miami metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it's any good news, Florida escaped the top 10 most dangerous cities in America.

The Most Dangerous Cities in America - 24/7 Wall St.

At the same time though, I drive by Shoot Straight all the time off of Southern Blvd, it's a new Shooting Range/Gun Shop, it's always packed, so much that there is no place to park and people park on the grass.

What does people going to a shooting range and crime have to do with each other? I'm a stay at home mom to four kids and like to go to the gun range, doesn't mean I'm going to car jack someone or rob a bank!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:42 PM

16,895 posts, read 16,029,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchiamom View Post
What does people going to a shooting range and crime have to do with each other? I'm a stay at home mom to four kids and like to go to the gun range, doesn't mean I'm going to car jack someone or rob a bank!

It's just that if you go off the deep end you can shoot and kill people.
I don't go to the shooting range....I cook and eat.
What am I gonna do to you if I go off the deep end? Spit a watermelon seed on you? Smack you with a spatula?
Well, you asked!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchiamom View Post
I don't think you get it

The state of the economy and the way things have been going have lead to high gun sales and people getting concealed weapons permits in order to feel safe. I wasn't implying law abiding people are buying guns and are car jacking/robbing people

Old 06-20-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

What am I gonna do to you if I go off the deep end? Spit a watermelon seed on you? Smack you with a spatula?
Well, you asked!
Shooting ranges down here have a bad history of suicides and incidents. I never heard of anyone going postal at the range on others but themselves.

Some guy walked into the Delray shooting center and commited suicide a few years ago and it happened again back in April, the 2nd guy did not succeed and I don't know how he is doing today? This is the 3rd time this has happened at the Delray Shooting Center, in 2002 a guy walked in and shot some targets then shot himself in the head.

Man shoots self in head at Delray Shooting Center | Palm Beach County News - WPBF Home

The above article also mentions a suicide in Orlando.

Gun Range Owner Is Cleared - Sun Sentinel

Then one can forget the Mother shooting her son at a range in Casselberry, the same woman actually tried to commit suicide at the same range and was banned from returning.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM

143 posts, read 470,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Well, you asked!
Lol, I guess....I grew up around guns, my family is in law enforcement...believe me I would smack you with a spatula before I would have time unlock the gun safe, load a gun and fire it at you...I cook, eat & can shoot a gun...no big deal....doesn't make me suicidal or a criminal...

Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM

387 posts, read 512,501 times
Good to see the Police out and about. Most of the crime I read about in Boca, Delray are smash your car window and grab whatever they can see inside. Don't leave your phone,purse, shopping bags, sunglasses, gps,money, in plain sight regardless if your car is locked. Shopping centers,malls are prime hunting grounds for this type of crime, if they break your driver side window they can probably pop your trunk.Also be aware that when your stashing all your important stuff in the trunk somebody could be a few cars over just laying in wait and watching.
They work in teams and use lookouts so the odds are with them. Try to park in a high traffic area and be aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach