Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 AM

30 posts, read 48,330 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what your thoughts were about these 2 communities? North Palm Beach and sending kids to St. Clares K-8 (cost???) ....and have use of the Golf Club or living in Jupiter with public schools such as Lighthouse of Jerry Thomas and use of the great Athletic Program Jupiter offers.
We have 2 young children ages 3 and 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2012, 05:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,393,781 times
I think Jupiter is known as being more family oriented. Not that North Palm is bad.

There are golf clubs everywhere, though, so if that's you're concern, don't worry!!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 PM

Thank you for your opinion. When I visit Jupiter... where should I visit?

Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,939 times
My wife and I have been looking into Jupiter as well and have found that for the most part if you want Jupiter Schools and especially the High School...you have to stay north of Indiantown Rd...you can google the schools and print out the area's Jupiter covers...if you cannot locate the web site let me know and I will forward the link...

Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 AM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
I've generally heard good things about all the elementary schools that service the Jupiter/Tequesta area (Lighthouse/Beacon Cove, Jupiter Elem., Jerry Thomas and Limestone Creek). My oldest attends Lighthouse and we've been very happy. Limestone Creek has the area's gifted program, and Jupiter Elem. has a language program. Both Jupiter Elem. and Limestone have boundaries that include lower income neighborhoods if that is a concern, however, everyone I know with children at those schools say they are happy there. I believe the North Palm public schools are less appealing.

The high school boundary line between Dwyer and Jupiter high is Frederick Small Road (generally speaking). Jupiter High is highly regarded, and Dwyer just started and IB program, which should help the school.

Like TriMT7 says, we have over 100 golf courses here in the county. I don't think residing in a golf course community is that big an advantage unless you want to be a member and have direct course views. Home prices are certainly more affordable in North Palm Beach than most of Jupiter.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Default NPB or Jupiter

I heard that NPB Schools are not as great as Jupiter Schools so we would have to pay for private in NPB. Also.... can I enroll my kids in Jupiter Schools even if I live in NPB and plan to eventually buy in Jupiter? If not.....why? Why is school choice in NPB but not everyone can enroll in the school of their choice in Jupiter? Just curious......
Whats so great about Jupiter? It looks beautiful but why do you like it? And when I visit... where should I go?

Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,939 times
Angry William Dwyer High School

TayLee...just google William Dwyer High School that covers parts of Jupiter......and all of Albaoca (?)......and read the blog that the residents wrote......hopefully this will answer all your questions...

Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM

162 posts, read 679,207 times
I believe the only way you could enroll your child in a Jupiter school is if the public school you are zoned for is failing.

Jupiter is great if you have an outdoor lifestyle. Close to the beach, plenty of parks, Loxahatchee River, etc. Short drive to dining and shopping along PGA Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens. Well regarded public schools (exception being Dwyer) and good youth sports league (JTAA). Also minor league and spring training baseball at Roger Dean Stadium. Still has a more laid back vibe than other areas of the county in my opinion.

If you come down, take the family to DuBois Park on the Jupiter Inlet. The Dune Dog is a nice little place to eat with the family. The Square Grouper is a fun place for drinks (no kids). Guanabanas is a great restaurant, nice atmosphere, a bit pricey through. You can rent a canoe at Riverbend Park and paddle down the Loxahatchee. Busch Wildlife Center is also a fun place to take the kids...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach