Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 AM

141 posts, read 307,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eerickso View Post
I have to echo what WindyCity said. We, too, bought our new home at JCC about a year ago and absolutely love our community and our home. The construction is solid and all the materials used were of the highest quality. The number of options offered was astounding and let us make our home exactly as we wanted it. We were lucky to buy as the market was just beginning to rebound, and base prices have gone up several times since then. Despite that, sales are brisk, and the entire original section of our street is now sold out. Now that the new road is in, sales are underway in the new area as well. The bulk of the sales are in the Heritage Series homes and the Golf Villas (typically ranging from about $600K to $1.2M depending on lot and options chosen). It does not surprise me that the very large Signature homes are not showing huge sales numbers given that customers in that market have many other options and I would think it would be difficult for JCC to compete in that market. In addition to new sales, there have been two resales on our street this year (neither sold at a loss although they were not owned for long; in one case, the owners moved from a Golf Villa to a Heritage series home, and in the other case, the part-year owners decided on a vacation home on the water instead.)

For anyone needing a home immediately, there are typically only very few spec houses available for immediate occupancy. The few that were originally intended as spec recently have been purchased prior to significant construction being completed. So, it usually does take about 10 months for a home to be built (part of this time is due to the permitting process).

The cost of the social membership was not a consideration at all for us, given that my health club membership used to cost about the same amount. JCC has a beautiful, state of the art fitness center that is rarely crowded, and there are additional fitness classes offered at a nominal ($5) fee. We also love meeting our neighbors at dinners and social gatherings.

Again, for anyone wanting to see with their own eyes what's going on in the community, just take a ride on over and visit the models and talk to some of the folks who actually live here. Now that the new clubhouse is complete, life here just gets better and better.
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately for anyone coming in NOW... the costs are much higher. Not to mention the estimated time to build is a YEAR!
Glad you like it. It was okay, we didn't hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM

72 posts, read 227,068 times
What is the inital cost and annual fee to join the as a Golf member now? It has been over a year since I went into the sales office. I was curious how much it has increased.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 AM

61 posts, read 160,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPalmHereIcome View Post
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately for anyone coming in NOW... the costs are much higher.
Yes, definitely true. We also had a number of incentives included in our purchase. On the other hand, we had to live for 10 months with dirt lots next door to us on either side. Thankfully those days are over now for us.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGators View Post
What is the inital cost and annual fee to join the as a Golf member now? It has been over a year since I went into the sales office. I was curious how much it has increased.
Can't help you there. We don't play golf. We just love the open space and setting for the community.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I believe we were quoted a 6000 dollar price? I'll have to check because I honestly don't remember. I didn't think it was that bad though obviously or else we wouldn't have looked in there. It's a bit of a ways out there for us though since all our friends live in PBG and a few in Abacoa.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Can't help you there. We don't play golf. We just love the open space and setting for the community.
Cool. One doesn't HAVE to buy a membership do they? I don't think they do and that was attractive to us. So were the homes, but the ones we liked were at least 1.2 for the way it was made. That's nearly DOUBLE the price they list it as!
Not a surprise though, we've dealt with builders before and it's that way everywhere as far as I can tell. We had looked at lot #17 and another one but I can't remember what that number was.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:11 PM

72 posts, read 227,068 times
Quote:
I believe we were quoted a 6000 dollar price? I'll have to check because I honestly don't remember. I didn't think it was that bad though obviously or else we wouldn't have looked in there. It's a bit of a ways out there for us though since all our friends live in PBG and a few in Abacoa.
Is that 6K initial or 6K a year in annual fees? Also, I think you have to buy at least a social membership.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Is that 6K initial or 6K a year in annual fees? Also, I think you have to buy at least a social membership.
At JCC?

I just looked it up, it's 12,500 to join and 4700 dues.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Cool. One doesn't HAVE to buy a membership do they? I don't think they do and that was attractive to us. So were the homes, but the ones we liked were at least 1.2 for the way it was made. That's nearly DOUBLE the price they list it as!
Not a surprise though, we've dealt with builders before and it's that way everywhere as far as I can tell. We had looked at lot #17 and another one but I can't remember what that number was.
You do not have to buy a golf membership, and the purchase of a home comes with a social membership at no initial cost. If you're referring to the prices of models, they come with pretty much every conceivable option. I can't say I know of anyone who has built a home here that came in at double the base price. Some of the lots also have pricey lot premiums, particularly those with both water and golf course views. If you were looking at lot #17 on Rosalia, it does not surprise me at all that there would be a hefty lot premium given that it's a very large (~17K sf) cul-de-sac lot near holes #17 and #3, and it's also very close to the underpass to the new clubhouse.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You do not have to buy a golf membership, and the purchase of a home comes with a social membership at no initial cost. If you're referring to the prices of models, they come with pretty much every conceivable option. I can't say I know of anyone who has built a home here that came in at double the base price. Some of the lots also have pricey lot premiums, particularly those with both water and golf course views. If you were looking at lot #17 on Rosalia, it does not surprise me at all that there would be a hefty lot premium given that it's a very large (~17K sf) cul-de-sac lot near holes #17 and #3, and it's also very close to the underpass to the new clubhouse.
We really liked the lot, and we liked the home and were willing to pay the extra price to get the upgrades, but like I said, it's just going to take too long to build. We are in temp housing and we only have it for a few months. Our 'stuff' is in storage until we move into a house. It is a very nice community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach