Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 PM

87 posts, read 454,784 times

Advertisements

I am looking for some feed back. I found a retail location for a small coffee house that I want to open. It is located in the Jupiter Reserve plaza where Petco is. Do you think Jupiter residence would support it. What I am not sure of is we have Dunkin Donuts and Starbacks on Indiantown Road. This is coffee house would be more of a gourmet coffee, deserts, soups, salad and sandwiches. My vision is like a small Italian coffee house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 09:11 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
No...........While centrally located it is between 2 Dunkin Donuts (one east and one west) and 2 Starbucks (one west and one south). You really need to be in a trendy neighborhood (Abacoa but the parking sucks, even Starbucks moved out) or an expensive area where money won't matter if the food/coffee/service are good. That section of Indiantown Rd is neither wealthy nor trendy. That plaza is invisible to passerbys......

Old 10-31-2012, 03:01 PM

355 posts, read 913,244 times
I agree with Cityguy. You really need something with foot traffic. Maybe wait for Riverwalk or something to open up in Donald Ross Village.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:49 PM

I don't really like Donald Ross Village it isn't any better then Indiantown Road. Plus the rents are very high in there. I not sure if it that easy to get into and out of. I think there is money in Jupiter. We have Admirals Cove, Johanthan Landing etc a mile or so off Indiantown Road. I am still not sure if it is a good location or not. I also look at downtown West Palm Beach but everyone says if you are not on Clematis or right next to it people will not go there because I did look at a space 3 blocks from Clematis.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
I prefer Donald Ross Village vs. Jupiter. Just my preference. AND WE LOVE COFFEE AND drinking IT OUT.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM

355 posts, read 913,244 times
Are you looking to compete with Starbucks (lineup and take coffee to go, or sit down and have a nice cup with your friends?)

Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM

162 posts, read 679,583 times
In my opinion proximity to disposable income and visibility are key for a non franchise coffee shop in the North County. The location you are looking at might work (on major roadway, could capture commuters on way to Interstate 95), but I would also consider locations east of Alternate A1A on Indiantown or along US 1. US 1 between Donald Ross and Indiantown has a considerable number of retirement/snowbird communities, where residents have both time and disposable income. Competition is limited I believe, don't recall their being a coffee shop along that stretch. Would also look at the Winn Dixie plaza on NE corner of Military and Frederick Small (pull from Abacoa/Admirals). The Publix plaza on the NW corner of Hood/Alternate A1A might also work (pull from Evergrene, Frenchman's Reserve).

Unfortunately we don't have any "funky/artsy" areas around the north county where independent coffee shops historically do well. Harold's on Northwood Road in WPB is a good example of a shop that caters to that group. Mother Earth on 2nd Ave. North in downtown Lake Worth is another example...

Just my .02$. Studied and practiced retail market analysis, always fun to do site location research...

Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native51 View Post
In my opinion proximity to disposable income and visibility are key for a non franchise coffee shop in the North County. The location you are looking at might work (on major roadway, could capture commuters on way to Interstate 95), but I would also consider locations east of Alternate A1A on Indiantown or along US 1. US 1 between Donald Ross and Indiantown has a considerable number of retirement/snowbird communities, where residents have both time and disposable income. Competition is limited I believe, don't recall their being a coffee shop along that stretch. Would also look at the Winn Dixie plaza on NE corner of Military and Frederick Small (pull from Abacoa/Admirals). The Publix plaza on the NW corner of Hood/Alternate A1A might also work (pull from Evergrene, Frenchman's Reserve).

Unfortunately we don't have any "funky/artsy" areas around the north county where independent coffee shops historically do well. Harold's on Northwood Road in WPB is a good example of a shop that caters to that group. Mother Earth on 2nd Ave. North in downtown Lake Worth is another example...

Just my .02$. Studied and practiced retail market analysis, always fun to do site location research...

How do you feel about the area on South Dixie, just south of downtown? That Dunkin Donuts and City Diner on that stretch seems to always be packed for breakfast and lunch. Tulipan nearby off Belvedere has been a successful staple for years.... that area also has the college and Palm Beach Post crowds, and crowds from the surrounding neighborhoods, whose residents are comparable to the (eastern) Northwood District residents.

Opening a restaurant is always such a gamble!

Old 11-01-2012, 09:35 AM

I also has going to look into the Bluffs plaza on us 1. I just was not sure if it is to seasonal or not. My vision for this shop is you can stop by on your way to work and grab something to go or you can sit and stay for coffee and a pastry with real espresso and lattes cups. Does anyone else have any other locations that I can check into. I am not sure of the area on Dixie hwy. I do not even remember a dunkin donuts there

Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden0721 View Post
I also has going to look into the Bluffs plaza on us 1. I just was not sure if it is to seasonal or not. My vision for this shop is you can stop by on your way to work and grab something to go or you can sit and stay for coffee and a pastry with real espresso and lattes cups. Does anyone else have any other locations that I can check into. I am not sure of the area on Dixie hwy. I do not even remember a dunkin donuts there

They are talking about WPB....not Jupiter.

Bluffs is terrible, way too remote other than for residents of the Bluffs! I can't name a single business in there other than Publix and a local surf shop.

Retiree market in Admirals/Jonathan's won't pay $5 for a cup of coffee, they still can't believe people pay for bottled water, satellite radio/TV, and everything else "they used to get for free up north!" Remember the "extra coke" theory that CNBC is pushing lately, people are cutting back and trying to stretch their dollars (hence not having that "extra coke").

Stop by Dunkin Donuts, Einstein Bagels or even a Starbucks and ask the crowd that gathers if they would be interesed in your concept ($5 coffee, $5 pastry etc) and see their response.....I suspect you will be disappointed.

That being said, I don't drink coffee and if I get a dozen donuts/bagels every other month that must mean I had a lot of company staying at my house! My wife is a diehard at "SixBucks" 7 days a week though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach