Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,173,237 times

Advertisements

I'm coming east on Wed. for a casual business meeting, I'll be in FL 5-7 days (I might extend my trip) and wondered what people are wearing at this time of year. Are long pants too hot? What about sandals and tank tops? I'll have some layers and a light jacket. Is swimming possible?

Here in AZ at this time of year people tend to dress more winter like.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times
This time of year it's hit or miss depending on whether a cold front has come through.

All types of clothing are possible and acceptable, depending on the weather. You'll have to pack light "cool weather" clothing, as well as warm weather clothing.

Where are you staying? If you're in a downtown area or will be doing a lot of biking or walking you'll sometimes be in a strange weather pattern of cool breeze/temps with hot sun. I'm a guy and in those situations I usually wear my "Florida winter" uniform: shorts and long sleeve shirt.

Swimming is possible depending on your water temp tolerance, or if there's a heated pool! My pool is too cold for me now for the next few months, but some people have no problems. The oceans are still warm in comparison to California or Northeast standards. NOAA has the Palm Beaches water temps at about 78 degrees.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,483,142 times
You can wear sandals and tank tops, depending on your sensitivity to cold. I'm very sensitive. If it gets below 75 I feel chilly. But I'm still wearing sandals on warm days and and nights, and long pants, and shorts, and whatever. Lots of versatile layers is the key. Like the above poster said, you can find you can get away with sandals and shorts, as long as you are warmer on top. I always have a light jacket in my car. The ocean should be fine, we're not that far off from summers heat, it takes it awhile to cool down to February temps.

Bring indoor cool weather clothing too for those meetings. The indoor A/C can be colder than the outdoor temps.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM

Thanks, that helps a lot. I get cold here in the low 70's but it's dry so probably more comfortable.

I'm staying downtown and will have a couple of days to explore outside of my meetings. I will bring regular shoes and jeans with a variety of tops and light sweaters/jackets. I'll also bring my swim suit in case I can partake.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,483,142 times
Plenty of places to shop if we suddenly get a cold snap. If you're downtown west palm there's a kmart on okeechobee near military trail. If you suddenly find you need gloves and don't want to go high end. :-)

Doesn't look like we're expecting anything lower then 65 at night, mid-70's daytime. Its pretty much perfect Florida weather these days.. South Florida weather | www.palmbeachpost.com

Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM

Thanks WireYour World !

Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,147,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I'm coming east on Wed. for a casual business meeting, I'll be in FL 5-7 days (I might extend my trip) and wondered what people are wearing at this time of year. Are long pants too hot? What about sandals and tank tops? I'll have some layers and a light jacket. Is swimming possible?

Here in AZ at this time of year people tend to dress more winter like.

thanks!

YOu can wear pants now. (inside a/c always cool). And you can wear sandals and tank tops...... with a tank top, bring a light sweater. Nights and early a.m is gorgeous and cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach