Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreco5 View Post
With Evergrene HOA at almost $600 per month, I wonder how the values will hold up in there. Seems people will always be put off by the high fees when there are many other nice communities with reasonable fees.
Granted the clubhouse is VERY NICE, I'd need to use it A LOT to feel like I got my money's worth. Those HOA fees are monies you will never recoup.

I'd rather not have such high HOA fees, skip the over the top amenities and swim in my own pool. But I do understand there are people whom really enjoy the social aspect of the community clubhouse and its worth it for them.
Well, we can't get one at evergrene as we are outbid left and right. The hoa (huge home) is not 600, they are 450. I figure it this way, every community we see has at least 350 to 400 a month in hoas. for a few more dollars, we get a bar at the pool with food and it 's pretty decent, a great health club, gym, free classes, kids playground, a huge lake with a great walk / run area.

In any case, there are many people outbidding us at evergrene, so,,,,, we will see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM

355 posts, read 913,244 times
I stand corrected, the current HOA in MLS is stated as $490ish, not $590ish.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,394 times
This is a really good topic loaded with solid information. Nothing for me to add.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 AM

9 posts, read 10,866 times
I was just dealing with two realtors in Jupiter, both from CT originally, asking them about rentals. They both started out nice, asking me questions about my needs and saying they would help me out, and then never got back to me. I'm looking to rent in June/July for a long term lease. I'm sure I'm too early on this, but still??

I guess it IS really crazy down there! They don't even have time to answer my emails!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:51 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcoldinct View Post
I was just dealing with two realtors in Jupiter, both from CT originally, asking them about rentals. They both started out nice, asking me questions about my needs and saying they would help me out, and then never got back to me. I'm looking to rent in June/July for a long term lease. I'm sure I'm too early on this, but still??

I guess it IS really crazy down there! They don't even have time to answer my emails!

That's what I SAID. Crazy. And apparently it's another record breaking year for Florida tourists, only creating I guess less inventory. ?

OUr criteria was a few things that are probably demanding. 1. NEAR a gorgeous beach 2. GOOD schools, 3. lots of kids running around 4. some walkability, bike riding 5. not a 55+ (again, lots of kids),
6. east of I95....

Old 02-24-2013, 07:09 AM

Yes, sounds like our demands!

Its so annoying that the market seems to be totally dead or crazy insane, swinging wildly back and forth.

I am assuming that I have to be down there, look at a place, and GRAB IT!

Maybe I am looking for some place a bit more slow paced??? Ugh....

Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillcoldinct View Post

The rental market is HOT, you need to be ready to sign the second you look at it. What I mean by that is what they send you today is definitely not going to still be available in June.

I don't think many people have properties listed yet that will be available in June. You will have more luck with your search April/May. Most landlords would not know yet if there tenant was renewing or not. You will also have better luck after the seasonal residents go home after Easter.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:34 AM

jgreco5: Thanks so much! This is exactly the info I was looking for.

I have to update and say one of the realtors did get back to me just now, and told me how crazy things are. Feel better about fellow humans when I get a response.

I will keep track of rentals, and get down there in May.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 AM

Oh, also.....

A realtor told me that in FL they don't sign long term leases. They sign a new lease every year after inspection. Does this mean you go thru the application process every year? We wanted to lease for 6 years to get my kids thru school.

Thanks!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:53 AM

I've never heard of that, but that doesn't mean its not true. Landlords probably would not want to get locked into that long of a lease themselves to take advantage of changing market conditions.

I would honestly shy away from signing a lease that long anyway. What if your direct neighbor (or landlord) is a real idiot? Or your life circumstances change? Think back 6 years ago how different your life was and could you imagine where you are today??
In any case- I doubt you'd need to go through the whole application process all over if you are just staying in the same place.

I know when I've rented that by the end of the year I was looking forward to something new.

What are you looking to rent a house, townhouse, condo? How many BR? How much do you want to spend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach