Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM

984 posts, read 4,316,298 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to make a map with all the neighborhoods/cities/areas in Palm Beach County (the Neighborhood-O-Meter, as it was successfully done with its southern neighbors Broward: //www.city-data.com/forum/fort-...nty-rated.html and Miami-Dade: //www.city-data.com/forum/miami...iami-dade.html) rated by quality of life/standards of living (aspect, crime rates, how well kept the area is, number of sex offenders, number of people living in/below the poverty line, avg. home prices, amenities, etc.) and while I do have some knowledge of a few areas, I'm nearly clueless about some others.

So I really need some input/comments here about areas (frankly, all areas in PBC you guys have knowledge/experience from living in) in PBC to make the map properly - I already have other tools that help a lot in making it (various kinds of statistics/map with statistics basically).

I'm starting from south to north, today actually - it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to complete it - and when I've done the whole of the County (or even before, possibly) I'll release it here in the forum, and, like with the Broward and the Miami-Dade one, I'll keep it as Beta projects, gather some more opinions and input and then declare it properly as the Final Edition (w/updates and reviews to be made in the feature, for the upkeeping the map) and also ask the Moderator to put it as a Sticky.

Thanks a ton in advance for the assistance!

Last edited by JacobMAX; 04-30-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 PM

About Boca Raton, which I'm currently doing, my main questions are about how good (or bad) the areas of it just west and east of the I-95 are, plus the neighborhoods along/near the US-1.

Also, West Boca or East Boca - which of them is better? And is Sandalfoot Cove fine?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Sandalfoot Cove is a blue overall with yellow spots and light green patches.

East Boca and west Boca balance out to be about the same. East Boca has more extravagant wealth with some lesser pockets. West Boca is basically a whiter yet more inconsistent version of Pembroke Pines. It is very hard to explain east Boca in one post, while west Boca would be varying shades of green. As a clue, the only area west of 441 that would be less than solid green is the trailer parks that are west of Sandalfoot Cove, between Judge Winikoff Blvd and the county line, which could be considered yellow, and the neighborhood to the north of it up to Palmetto Park Road, which would be considered blue.

The area considered "Boca" sprawls quite far in all directions. Some areas east near 95 are entirely commercial, others are quite high end, and a few are mediocre or even less than mediocre. Same with US1 corridor. It's a patchwork that would be complicated to explain in one post. Start out with this...

Neighborhood behind Boca Raton HS- Blue to light green
Palm Beach Farms- Dark Green.
Glades Road area just west of 95- Mostly commercial.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 05-01-2013 at 09:41 AM..

Old 05-01-2013, 03:12 PM

229 posts, read 533,823 times
Orange: NE 10th Street going north to Northeast 15th Terrace, small section between Dixie Highway and Federal Highway.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM

Thanks for the tips, I'm putting them into action, the beachside areas of Boca are already done; the rest: a good number of parts in its southern end (south of Glades Rd) are done.

I'm generally having no major issues with the higher/middle-higher end areas (generally from light to dark green), but those below average low end pockets/specific areas are a problem identifying - but I'm getting there, little by little (still need some input though).

Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 AM

151 posts, read 213,429 times
These maps are awesome btw, thanks.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
Maps are great, but aside from the physical attributes you should add employers and companies, that would be a good education for people desiring to relocate here in known what to expect.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:36 PM

It's tough, I'm still finishing Boca. But looking through the forum helps a lot. Next week I'll see if I take it up a notch and get already to the West Palm Beach area itself.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Maps are great, but aside from the physical attributes you should add employers and companies, that would be a good education for people desiring to relocate here in known what to expect.
That's actually a good tip. Not for this map, which is more really for quality of live, safety and aspect. But it's a great idea to the other two maps that I'm thinking of doing. I still have to talk with the higher ones up here (the Admin and some Senior Mods) though.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:40 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,220 times
So where is this map of Palm Beach County that you speak of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach