Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2013, 11:07 PM

2 posts, read 3,878 times

Advertisements

Hi ! I need help finding cheaper rental apartment or townhouse for a family with 3 kids which, 2 of them are elementary school students. I searched internet and found out Marsh Pointe Elementary is the best so far. But rental houses are so high in that area. Or may be i'm not looking for right..

We are planning to move Palm Beach Gardens from Midwest on July. And i really need some nice school for my kids because my daughter is being tested for gifted student's class. We need to continue to develop their educations. It doesn't have to be Marsh Pointe elementary if there any other good options for us.
To be honest, i have never been in that city before, its totally gonna be a new chapter for me. I don't have anyone, i don't know anything about city at all.. I don't know how i'm gonna start..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:08 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,887,595 times
Rents in Palm Beach County are highest where the schools are rated high. What is the max rent you are able to pay?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,419,261 times
A+ Elementary schools = higher rent/housing
Especially in South Florida.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,389,839 times
Westwood Gardens are 3/2 townhomes about half a mile from Marsh Pointe and rent for 1250-1400 a month.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:31 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,584,155 times
So I take it your moving here without ever visiting, well that can be a toss up on expectations.

Palm Beach Gardens is an nice area, but rents are high all over South Florida and it's hard to find rentals. Though you might see places listed online, odds are they are already rented. Timing is critical and bring your checkbook if you look at a place, odds are it will be gone in a week or less.

Be prepared when you rent by owner to pay First, Last + Security Deposit in rent, so if you find a place for $2K/month you will need $6K on lease signing. This is typically the norm here.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM

110 posts, read 173,460 times
We are planning to move Palm Beach Gardens from Midwest on July.

Please find a realtor ASAP; it will not hurt anything. I believe that most absentee investors are now going thru realtors. I could possibly ask one lady who found a great rental house for a friend in PBG. I have never met her but evidently she is very responsible, has been living in PBG for years and knows the area quite well. Or, you can come down and rent a furnished condo for one-two months and then look around. Off-season vacation rentals can be quite reasonable. THX is correct. It will take some cash up front to get settled.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,157,169 times
Use a realtor. The owner pays for the use of the realtor. So will not cost you anything.

PBG is great and the school is better than any school we've been in (public). I think there are rentals right near Marsh Point (drive around) that were very reasonable.... dm me and I will try to find name of it. YOur dcs can walk from there. I almost wish we had done this, it is in a great area off of pga.

We wanted a SFH though and they are not cheap in Jupiter or PBG. Very happy here in any case. YOU WILL love it.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,929 times
Is Palm Beach your only area of interest?

Old 05-31-2013, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,878 times
Thank you all for your respond. I really appreciate it! I've talked my husband about all your suggests and he said he has one realtor in FL. He is going to talk with her, will see what she says.
I'll update you guys with our decision. Thank ya'll!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM

130 posts, read 240,355 times
South Olive Elementary in West Palm, rentals near Forest Hill and Dixie Hwy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach