Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM

591 posts, read 820,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
You always spew that crap! But you never offer any proof of your wild eyed speculation. And so what if a family wishes to own a truck instead of a BMW. Makes hauling hay for the horses much easier.

All your posts are slanted from some fictitious "elite" view. Wellington has way more crime than the acreage, never mind the gangs and such. For years I have been quiet about your negative posts. Believe me the more you post the more I see the elitist in you. To bad you can't afford to live in Palm Beach, you would fit in well there.
Read him the Riot Act, Greg! Way to go, bro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
Read him the Riot Act, Greg! Way to go, bro!
Nobody is reading anything to me "bro"....too many Haboobs I take it?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,810 times
I think "of that caliber" is quite an insult.

My opinion of the poster of the remark has downslid to someone who's opinion means nothing as its based on false assumptions And perhaps a bit of racism. Maybe alot of racism.

Unless of course "of that caliber" means people who choose land, a place to raise children with a real place to run and play outdoors and healthy organically grown food over useless red sport cars.

My neighbor with the paid for in cash Lexus might have a word or to to say about assuming.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,595,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post

My opinion of the poster of the remark has downslid to someone who's opinion means nothing as its based on false assumptions And perhaps a bit of racism. Maybe alot of racism.

Unless of course "of that caliber" means people who choose land, a place to raise children with a real place to run and play outdoors and healthy organically grown food over useless red sport cars.

My neighbor with the paid for in cash Lexus might have a word or to to say about assuming.
Living in the Acreage, Loxahatchee or Jupiter Farms is a new race? Wow I missed that one! You brought up the race card.....do not label me a racist now please. Seems like your grasping at straws in defense with that one and it's quite pathetic.

Caliber meaning that people who tend to want to live in the country like it for a reason, just like you can say there is a Caliber of people who want to live in the city for a reason. I said there is a mix of people there, but country it is and I'm happy people like it, not my cup of tea. Wellington is just right for my needs.

BTW the person I know in Jupiter Farms has a couple kids, they never go outside and play....so much on that theory. Not too many kids play in my neighborhood either so I am not arguing that one.

Also I grow organic vegetables where I live, without a problem..anything I can't grow I buy at the Green Market. Do not need to live out there to achieve that. Also I Cycle all around where I live, without fear of being run over on a dimly lit road with no bike lanes.

A lot of people have similar thoughts on Jupiter Farms, Loxahatchee and the Acreage, I heard and read it before. Must be because of those bumper stickers "Welcome to Loxahatchee, now go home"? That sounds very welcoming and neighborly....

So your neighbor who paid cash for their late 90's Lexus has a word? What?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:34 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:

You are very quick to toss up the racism charge in many of your posts......to the point it seems like your agenda.

Acreage, Jupiter Farms, Loxahatchee as well as Palm Beach Country Estates has people from all races. However due to the lack of deed restrictions/HOA many choose to live in more unusual circumstances:

Among them:

1. My buddy on 46th court N has a Cuban neighbor with atleast 100 roosters living in stacked crates, of course they are stores right on the corner of the property as far from the owner's house as possible. I'm sure that is his pet collection not for illegal k0ckfighting......
Google it and note the crates in the corner: 18647 46TH CT N 33470
2. My boat repair guy lived on 61st PL north. He kept 6-8 boats in his yard and worked on them in a metal barn in the back of the property. Cutting/grinding fiberglass and he preferred to work at night (cooler). He used to be a landscaper so his house was pretty well landscaped to somewhat disguise the work that was going on but he did have a wonderful Haitian neighbor that dismantled cars in his driveway as a side business. No less than 10 cars at a time in some state of dismantling, like a local junkyard.
3. Many people run construction/dump truck/land grading businesses (meaning huge tractors/machines in the yard). Makes for nice, loud dusty weekends when they decide to move everything around on the property/test out any repairs they recently made before hauling it off to a job on Monday.
4. There seems to be no restrictions on how many people live in a home so you will find immigrants living 15+ in a 3 bedroom home. I know of a tree company in Jupiter farms that houses their workers in a single home while parking all the company trucks on the property also. Nice when the tree company dumps all their debris from the day's work on the road in front of the house for the county to pickup! It is really nice on weekends when 30-40 Guatemalans start playing soccer on the front lawn and after the drinking starts the fights ensue.

Not being racial here, just stating facts. I can provide addresses like I did for the roosters so in case WYW wants to verify this as the truth. That acre and a quarter is far from Mayberry, USA as others have noted.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM

So, tell me where you live and I will be happy to research all the ugly little factoids about your hoods. Lets compare shall we? Or are you neglecting to mention the white collar drug dealer in you fine gated community, the slave trader, the arms dealer, the murderers. Not to mention 15 people living in a house, but just not noticed because you dress it up with lipstick.

Just because you hide it better doesn't mean its not there.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:59 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
So, tell me where you live and I will be happy to research all the ugly little factoids about your hoods. Lets compare shall we? Or are you neglecting to mention the white collar drug dealer in you fine gated community, the slave trader, the arms dealer, the murderers. Not to mention 15 people living in a house, but just not noticed because you dress it up with lipstick.

Just because you hide it better doesn't mean its not there.
While I agree with you, trouble is everywhere you nicely sidestepped the "racism" issue you were so quick to point out.

To be fair I will give some examples to back up your argument about trouble at all economic levels:

Let's just go over to the Island of Palm Beach:

1. Bernie Madoff and friends- swindled billions
2. Jeffery Epstein- Sex offender billionaire
3. Fred Keller- Murderer/kidnapper and multi-millionaire
4. Rush Limbaugh- convicted drug offender

There you go WYW, thieves, sex offender, murderer/kidnapper/drug addict all in the nicest area in the state. But since the question on the original post was about "areas that don't feel like Florida" I'm not sure Palm Beach is part of the answer.

You just failed to mention a few of the issues in rural, dirt road areas (which are common) and tried to call someone a racist/elitest because they pointed it out.........that I disagree with.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Ohhhh pardon me. Let me bow down to his high and mightiness. There are a few of you who see fit to consistently slam the acreage and surrounding areas as if we are one homogeneous group of people. YOU act as if we are all cut from the same cloth, born and bred to the same standards, as if we are a race, and don't, in fact come from all areas and all backgrounds. As if by virtue of living here we're all trashy criminals. As if the acreage is one land and we are a particular race by virtue of living here. Yes, acting racist.

You offend me and every good person here. You're slanderous to all of us and to our community because of a few homeowners that you don't even live anywhere near.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 AM

513 posts, read 961,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post

Sure I drive a BMW, but I work 60 hours a week and deserve something for the fruit's of my labor....also makes driving to work much easier now doesn't it? Only difference is you wont' see my BMW parked outside of Starbucks or The Gardens Mall in the afternoon during a weekday while I am either sitting on my laptop dressed in a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops rubbing my toes together updating my Facebook status or dragging me feet through the mall with my Louis Vuitton handbag thrown around my shoulder, a couple of Saks bags in my hand and with my eyes locked on my smartphone not watching where I am walking.....maybe your too thick to understand that?
THX, I did what you described yesterday. You forgot sitting outside smoking a hookah.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:02 PM

9 posts, read 16,114 times
Question The Acreage a pediatric cancer cluster??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaZoo View Post
I'm envious of you because I love The Acreage. IMO, The Acreage and Jupiter Farms are the nicest areas of Palm Beach County.

By the way, when I used to live in East Boca, the nearest Target was over 6 miles away in Deerfield.
You all have me convinced I want to move to The Acreage, we are relocating to Boca area with our family of 8 and we need space, moving from a rural town outside Winston-Salem, NC our home is on one acre lot and we love it. But in trying to find out where The Acreage is I came across this http://www.theacreagecancerstudy.com/
Anybody know more about this? They say "[SIZE=4]On February 1, 2010 the Florida Department of Health declared the Acreage a "Pediatric Cancer Cluster"."

[/SIZE]How scary is that for a Mom of 6 beautiful children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach