Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM

95 posts, read 308,774 times

Advertisements

Please recommend apartment/condo/townhouse near Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens...

I am looking for 1-2 bedrooms, petfriendly, SAFE location.

I've been searching since yesterday. There are a lot of options out there but the NICER areas are too high for us. The nice areas have all these fees: trash disposal, water, pet fees ($300 then additional $150)... I am okay with the pet fee since it's not avoidable. Anyhow, it's difficult to look when I am not in the area to scout the places. So please, those who live around the areas, I highly appreciate your inputs!! THank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
What is your price range?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM

$900 max.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,446,241 times
At best you'll find an older 1 room/1 bedroom at that price.

You're really going to need to come down and scout things out yourself.

I think you'll really only find things in that price by driving around and finding "For rent" signs in front of the smaller/older complexes.

Also, keep in mind you'll need 3X the rent to get in the door (First month's rent, last month's rent and security deposit.)

Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,061 times
$900 will be hard, average rents far outpace the average salaries in PB County, I would say more upwards of $1000 to $1100... You can probably find something, but it may not be up to your standards or in a safe area....

Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 AM

I just finished reading another thread about WPB and I am scared. We r moving to WPB with the impression of nice beaches and palm trees... Did not realize how bad it is down there. The cmunities i've looked at are: CityView, Lakeshore, lake Side Common. R those in okay area???

Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietlOtUs View Post
I just finished reading another thread about WPB and I am scared. We r moving to WPB with the impression of nice beaches and palm trees... Did not realize how bad it is down there. The cmunities i've looked at are: CityView, Lakeshore, lake Side Common. R those in okay area???
It's not really that bad, the worst thing you have to worry about is landing a good job that will pay a livable wage....the COL is quite high in South Florida and with relation to that, salaries are often (on average) sub-par...not saying you can't do it because people do, they just make a lot of sacrifices and you will be living in an area where you will see plenty of wealth and people who seem to have a lot of disposable income on top of it.

That being said there is a high degree people who fit this...the haves and have nothings.....

The beaches and palm trees are nice...that's our main attraction along with the weather...mainly Summer in Winter... but there are indeed pockets of crime as there is everywhere else..such is life..you just need to do your homework and decide if it's the best move to make...can you afford it or can you make serious adjustments and be able to sustain living here?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:34 PM

I am just trying to find a neighborhood where i would feel save waljin my dog and drive through to get food without worrying that i will be mug or shot...i grew up in hartford Connecticut so i've been around areas where crimes happened but i know about it avoid thise areas and i've done fine. I just hope we r making the right decision by moving down there. Our budget allow us afford an area no more than $1K. We wouldn't say we r middle class yet not in poverty. We r blessed with a good job, i am just finished with school and will be looking for dental hygienist positions down there.

I wanted to know all that i can so i can choose a place where we'll be content with for a year. After a year i am sure we'll know enough to make a more concised decision as to where to go...

Old 07-15-2013, 06:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietlOtUs View Post
I am just trying to find a neighborhood where i would feel save waljin my dog and drive through to get food without worrying that i will be mug or shot...i grew up in hartford Connecticut so i've been around areas where crimes happened but i know about it avoid thise areas and i've done fine. I just hope we r making the right decision by moving down there. Our budget allow us afford an area no more than $1K. We wouldn't say we r middle class yet not in poverty. We r blessed with a good job, i am just finished with school and will be looking for dental hygienist positions down there.

I wanted to know all that i can so i can choose a place where we'll be content with for a year. After a year i am sure we'll know enough to make a more concised decision as to where to go...

Have you looked at the Villages area of West Palm Beach? Several complexes, townhouses and developments in that area, of which maybe only 1-2 I'd be hesitant to tell someone to stay away from. I know a few people who live in that area and have never heard of them having any issues.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:16 PM

Do you know specific names of the complexes? The more I try to dig the more I am second guessin our move. There is no decent reviews on any places I've looked. Murder, rape, drugs... How can it be so bad. I looked at Sanctuary Cove and Shell Trace today. Ready to apply and then I read some bad reviews on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach