Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,374,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
You may call them whatever you want, but they look like trash from the outside in my opinion~! One judges a place from the outside before they go in, realistically I think. If something doesn't look good on the outside you definitely can't imagine the insides. All of this is my experience in the RE~!
I never said they were beautiful outside I can tell u the unit my parents are in is extremely nice they live in a country club community full time in NJ 55 and over and to rent for 4 months who cares...I was commenting that the Clubhouse is absolutely beautiful and u can call it trash all you want, but when someone doesnt have a mortgage and has a great life to do what they want then I don't think some of them really care..for my parents they have a beautiful home where they live they would never live there full time because its not her cup of tea however they do the shows and have all their NJ friends in Kings Point in Delray and down in Tamarac and Sunrise and they all own...There are also others who LOVE the Florida lifestyle and its the only way they can have it...My husbands friend of 40 years her parents who own a magnificent house in NY bought in Kings Point for Cash redid the unit and stays there for 6 months...What can I tell you they didnt want to live in Valencia with the Snobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,046,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
I never said they were beautiful outside I can tell u the unit my parents are in is extremely nice they live in a country club community full time in NJ 55 and over and to rent for 4 months who cares...I was commenting that the Clubhouse is absolutely beautiful and u can call it trash all you want, but when someone doesnt have a mortgage and has a great life to do what they want then I don't think some of them really care..for my parents they have a beautiful home where they live they would never live there full time because its not her cup of tea however they do the shows and have all their NJ friends in Kings Point in Delray and down in Tamarac and Sunrise and they all own...There are also others who LOVE the Florida lifestyle and its the only way they can have it...My husbands friend of 40 years her parents who own a magnificent house in NY bought in Kings Point for Cash redid the unit and stays there for 6 months...What can I tell you they didnt want to live in Valencia with the Snobs

Maybe there is more than one Kings Point location in Delray, of which I was referring to. The one I was talking about has a golf course and the entrance is on West Atlantic. I know there is another one on Jog, or rather the entrance. The front part from what you can see on Jog look a lot nicer than the ones on West Atlantic.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Maybe there is more than one Kings Point location in Delray, of which I was referring to. The one I was talking about has a golf course and the entrance is on West Atlantic. I know there is another one on Jog, or rather the entrance. The front part from what you can see on Jog look a lot nicer than the ones on West Atlantic.
No its the same one...my parents friends have Villas that are detached and very nice and bigger than the apartments...the owners of my parents rental in kings point have a house in Westchester, 2 units in Kings Point which both they re-did over 1 of them is where my parents rent for 4 months...she has 2 bedrooms 2 full baths and screened in balcony in the back..No they arent beautiful but I have personally been in 4 other units and 2 villas where people did them over and inside they were so pretty brand new kitchens and baths etc...again it isnt for everyone and yes they look like Barracks outside, but again they are priced so well that people who are not planning on living there full time who cares its a 2nd place for most people, most of the people spend the Winters there..there are quiet a few different entrances to get into Kings Point...and most of the newer adult 55 are well quite snobby and for my parents and their friends they aren't interested in living with people like that so they choose kings point to hang their hats for the winter...

Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,825,049 times
In my opinion these over 55 condos are for people on a tight budget. These communities serve a purpose to give affordable housing for seniors with some activities and social gathering. Many of these 2 bedrooms are sold I saw for 50,000 so paying cash does not mean they are wealthy. Very few people who are wealthy would even for a winter season purchase a place that looks like it is falling apart. Also not very many would upgrade the inside of a place when the outside looks horrible. Even for a resale aspect. Especially in these areas where it is all about the show and people do care what others think. Some of these units I cant even imagine what a disaster the inside is. Even in nice country club communities with homes/condos that are kept very nice on the outside some of the insides had not been touched since the 70s and were a mess.
Really it does not matter if people are wealthy or not but to say these communities are upscale and or filled with wealthy people is not accurate in my opinion. Also many of these 55 and over are not active 55 or 60's but more on the lines of 80s even my 90 year old grandpa says it is depressing.
Also Swim for years you have been saying it is not snobby and anyone who even mentions that word you defend Boca how it is not. I am not familiar with Valencia but I thought it was in Boynton and there is no way any community in Boynton has more spoiled people then in Boca.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
In my opinion these over 55 condos are for people on a tight budget. These communities serve a purpose to give affordable housing for seniors with some activities and social gathering. Many of these 2 bedrooms are sold I saw for 50,000 so paying cash does not mean they are wealthy. Very few people who are wealthy would even for a winter season purchase a place that looks like it is falling apart. Also not very many would upgrade the inside of a place when the outside looks horrible. Even for a resale aspect. Especially in these areas where it is all about the show and people do care what others think. Some of these units I cant even imagine what a disaster the inside is. Even in nice country club communities with homes/condos that are kept very nice on the outside some of the insides had not been touched since the 70s and were a mess.
Really it does not matter if people are wealthy or not but to say these communities are upscale and or filled with wealthy people is not accurate in my opinion. Also many of these 55 and over are not active 55 or 60's but more on the lines of 80s even my 90 year old grandpa says it is depressing.
Also Swim for years you have been saying it is not snobby and anyone who even mentions that word you defend Boca how it is not. I am not familiar with Valencia but I thought it was in Boynton and there is no way any community in Boynton has more spoiled people then in Boca.
Danielle you would be bit surprised I heard these conversations myself when someone moms knows asked us to come over while I was there in the Springn and while nothing surprises me when people talk, I sat there and was like WHAT? who the heck cares at your age where in the community you live and if you dont live in the big houses they want nothing to do with you..But again its everywhere which is why I will defend boca as being no different than any other Upscale Town with Money and again not everyone is like that...I live in a very wealthy area now and they aren't any different than those in South Florida.. Valencia in Boynton and there is another one that my parents went to look at and well they were quite snobby too and yes they are very snobby in Boynton Beach in the Upscale communities which is why my parents friends didnt buy there...I went to someone she knew they invited us to the pool OMG these women and people think Boca is bad..HA..its all the wealthy people from up north alot of them they didnt want to buy in these cheap places because they are so used to living the way they do...I witnessed it myself and with that said, the upscale adult communities in palm beach although very nice, they want to know which part of the development you live in...Seriously? at that age WHO CARES? Know what I mean anyway this will be our issue when its time for an adult 55 because we are planning on returning to Florida in a few years as our son will be attending FAU as well..although we are not old enough for adult but something to eventually think about...

Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,825,049 times
Well hate to tell you but in Woodfield or St Andrews Boca they ask what community you live in and the way you are treated can depend on that.
I remember years ago when I came to Boca and I was talking to a lady and she stated a name of where she lived. I thought it was a city in FL but it was the neighborhood. I also lived near a lady who if she left the community she lived in Boca she stated she would lose her friends even if it was a nice country club in Boca too.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Well hate to tell you but in Woodfield or St Andrews Boca they ask what community you live in and the way you are treated can depend on that.
I remember years ago when I came to Boca and I was talking to a lady and she stated a name of where she lived. I thought it was a city in FL but it was the neighborhood. I also lived near a lady who if she left the community she lived in Boca she stated she would lose her friends even if it was a nice country club in Boca too.
my 3 years in Boca and NEVER did we get asked where we lived...and I talk to just about Everyone...my Wealthy friends didnt know where I lived and then they knew they could care less..Again it isnt everyone and it isnt all of Boca either..

Old 07-25-2013, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,600 times
I've lived in Delray the past 16 years,and can only say that whoever consider KP the "Florida lifestyle" has never experienced it!
KP is a ditch. Just a year ago you could pick and choose between the ugly smelly condos for under $20K,and that's about all it's worth. It's probably great for old people on a very low,very fixed income. Some may say KP is better than the trailer parks,and in a storm it may be,but it surely is not a lifestyle I'd wish on my own parents. KP is full of sour old people and why anyone would spend their "golden years" in such a dump is beyond me.
The City of Delray Beach is a beautiful and vibrant town with the best of restaurants and shopping,a beautiful beach and plenty to do for people of all ages,but KP has been and still is nothing but a place where greedy kids store their parents to ensure they won't spend what's left of their inheritance while attempting to talk it up to keep the old folks happy just to be in Florida.
But "the Florida lifestyle"? No way.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdbrained View Post
I've lived in Delray the past 16 years,and can only say that whoever consider KP the "Florida lifestyle" has never experienced it!
KP is a ditch. Just a year ago you could pick and choose between the ugly smelly condos for under $20K,and that's about all it's worth. It's probably great for old people on a very low,very fixed income. Some may say KP is better than the trailer parks,and in a storm it may be,but it surely is not a lifestyle I'd wish on my own parents. KP is full of sour old people and why anyone would spend their "golden years" in such a dump is beyond me.
The City of Delray Beach is a beautiful and vibrant town with the best of restaurants and shopping,a beautiful beach and plenty to do for people of all ages,but KP has been and still is nothing but a place where greedy kids store their parents to ensure they won't spend what's left of their inheritance while attempting to talk it up to keep the old folks happy just to be in Florida.
But "the Florida lifestyle"? No way.
this is the most ignorant thing I have ever heard and you sound a bit bitter...My parents choose to rent there for alot of different reasons, and they Arent spending our Inheritance..They have a great life and are living the Florida lifestyle as they chose not to buy or rent in any of the upscale communities...they are very active and full time they live their upper middle class golf community...M parents friends who own there have plenty of money and there will be plenty of money for their kids and grandkids and their Kids..I just amazes me about some people...and your DUMP is someone else's paradise...wow...dont judge people too much huh?

Last edited by Swimmom32; 07-25-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM

302 posts, read 499,497 times
My cousin's ex-in-laws had a unit it Kings Point and they loved it. Don't know if they still go or not since my cousin and their son divorced and cousin was since murdered in her hometown.

I've never liked Delray, but I would never really undermine it for anyone else. It all goes with my absolute dislike of Florida. Yes, I will be moving out just as soon as the obligation I have to serve is completed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach