Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 09:03 AM

4 posts, read 10,382 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I am new here. I am an AMS certified Montessori pre K/Kindergarten teacher (starting my 7th year in the field) and I am seriously considering opening a new Montessori school in the area within the next couple of years. In my research, it looks like there are very few AMS member Montessori schools in the West Boynton/Wellington areas... the closest one I found is in Greenacres. And it also looks like the West Boynton/Wellington areas could possibly be growing with young families with children. I will continue to do my research, but I was wondering if anyone in these forums had any thoughts on a need for a Montessori School (Pre-K/Kindergarten) in West Boynton/Wellington. I am also looking into the possibility of expanding the school up to Grade 5 and becoming a Charter school in the future. Thanks!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-18-2014 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Original Poster request...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,905 times
My daughter just started VPK at Sacred Heart Montessori Catholic School. I live in Boynton on Miltary. If you open something up keep me posted. [email]melanielisker@aol.com[/email]

Old 09-04-2013, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,817 times
I live in Wellington, and you are correct, there are not many good options. I am an AMS certified Infant/Toddler lead teacher who hasn't worked for years for that very reason. If you decide to open here, and want some help, feel free to contact me! Kim.grundy@gmail.com

Old 09-11-2013, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep you guys posted!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:55 PM

4 posts, read 8,455 times
Default I own a school in p'cola and would be interested in doing a second

Hello, I own a school in pensacola fl and would love to do a second. I own many of the materials to get a toddler and a 3-6 classroom off the ground, as well as all the shelving and even some tables. I wanted to expand my current location as we have a waiting list, but the price of property is just too high here. email me rastascoob at yahoo.com I would love to talk further.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:30 PM

kenchu_misnic, I sent you a private message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:09 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,625,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchu_misnic View Post
Hello, I own a school in pensacola fl and would love to do a second. I own many of the materials to get a toddler and a 3-6 classroom off the ground, as well as all the shelving and even some tables. I wanted to expand my current location as we have a waiting list, but the price of property is just too high here. email me rastascoob at yahoo.com I would love to talk further.
This has to be a troll/scam.....Pensacola has some of the cheapest real estate in the whole state and Wellington has some of the most expensive.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:08 PM

4 posts, read 8,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
This has to be a troll/scam.....Pensacola has some of the cheapest real estate in the whole state and Wellington has some of the most expensive.
um no, we are in the "historical district" a very small block of the most expensive real estate first check out zillow-there are only a handful of properties in the area for sale or rent in the historical district-only 10 or so become available every so often and none suitable for a school.

Second even those for sale and rent are only town homes and private homes NOT businesses. here is an apartment for residential living for 450,000 210 E Government St APT E, Pensacola, FL 32502 is For Sale - Zillow

here is a lot for 180,000 that is 7,000 square feet about 1/10th a block away 514 E Government St, Pensacola, FL 32502 is For Sale - Zillow couldn't even work for a playground! Believe me we have looked diligently.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Wow. This is not a troll/scam post, and I feel very sorry that you feel that way or if you misunderstood my post. I am a Montessorian and humanitarian looking to help the community. If I wanted to "scam" or "troll" I would find another type of business to open up; not something in the education world (which is currently a huge mess in today's society). We need a change in our world. According to Maria Montessori, Peace and change in our world begins with the child.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:20 PM

16 posts, read 41,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youareloved View Post
Hey guys, I am new here. I am an AMS certified Montessori pre K/Kindergarten teacher (starting my 7th year in the field) and I am seriously considering opening a new Montessori school in the area within the next couple of years. In my research, it looks like there are very few AMS member Montessori schools in the West Boynton/Wellington areas... the closest one I found is in Greenacres. And it also looks like the West Boynton/Wellington areas could possibly be growing with young families with children. I will continue to do my research, but I was wondering if anyone in these forums had any thoughts on a need for a Montessori School (Pre-K/Kindergarten) in West Boynton/Wellington. I am also looking into the possibility of expanding the school up to Grade 5 and becoming a Charter school in the future. Thanks!
You would make a killing if you set up a good school in West Boynton, near the Canyon communities! When The Learning Experience opened at the Canyon Town Center it was full of Canyon kids from day 1; and then more and more signed up because they heard about it from their Canyon friends & neighbors.

However, because of high teacher/staff turnover and a myriad of problems, Canyon parents started pulling their kids out and no longer recommend it (myself included). Canyon parents like myself are DESPERATE for a good preschool nearby. Just to give you an idea, the last time we had a discussion about TLE on the community social networking site another school was recommended and parents are flocking there even though it is all the way out in Wellington. Canyon parents talk to each other across the 4 communities, if you can show us that you are comitted to treating the parents, kids, teachers and staff well, we will recomend your school and you will have a waiting list (just like TLE did once upon a time).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach