Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,466,972 times

Advertisements

Yawn. I gave you the stats. The stats do not support your argument. Not even close. You're just cherry picking a handful of bad neighborhoods. You obviously have nothing to back up your ridiculous assertions. This thread is played out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 05:24 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
3 plus years later, how is the Cabana Colony today? Still as white trash as stated on this thread? Are young families moving in now? Seems like it is surrounded by a fair amount of amenities. Both retail, recreational, and food wise.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:10 AM

174 posts, read 207,174 times
I went to palm beach gardens and went to a grocery store it was actually nice and quiet.

Old 02-18-2017, 04:40 PM

85 posts, read 67,190 times
Why is it that everyone who isn't affluent and living in a lower income neighborhood is considered "white Trash?" That term gets thrown around a lot and it's very hurtful. Some of these "white Trash" are retirees that are trying to make it on a fixed income. Think before you throw around hurtful statements.

Old 02-18-2017, 06:35 PM

174 posts, read 207,174 times
As far as I know most people I meet are broke and living in florida

Old 02-18-2017, 07:04 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscath007 View Post
Why is it that everyone who isn't affluent and living in a lower income neighborhood is considered "white Trash?" That term gets thrown around a lot and it's very hurtful. Some of these "white Trash" are retirees that are trying to make it on a fixed income. Think before you throw around hurtful statements.
So is the Cabana Colony still low income, uneducated, have high unemployment, and high drug addiction? Years ago on this thread that is what they were making the area out to be like. I'm curious that if the area today has become more desirable due to corporate investment in the surrounding area, and also due to people in search of more affordable housing in a high cost environment.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
So is the Cabana Colony still low income, uneducated, have high unemployment, and high drug addiction? Years ago on this thread that is what they were making the area out to be like. I'm curious that if the area today has become more desirable due to corporate investment in the surrounding area, and also due to people in search of more affordable housing in a high cost environment.
It was like that when I lived east of there in 2001 - just drove by it about 2 weeks ago and it looked the same. Just old and run down. People don't care about maintaining their property.
With everything new being built around it... I can't see it changing - ever.
I just did a Google search and it appears the crime is pretty bad in there.

When is the last time you went passed it?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:18 PM

17,270 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Yes......nothing has changed but the prices are higher today than 3 years ago.

Lowest price in there: a burnt slab on a cleared lot.
House burned down and nobody has raced back to rebuild.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
You should post this on the Palm Beach County thread since Palm Beach Gardens is located there. I can tell you from personal experience that Palm Beach Gardens is a very nice area. It is an affluent area. A good mix of young, middle age, families, and older people. It is trending younger these days and has gotten very built up over the years. But the traffic is low and crime is low compared to other areas. There is a ton of shopping there. The main attraction being the Gardens Mall and Downtown Gardens next door to it. The beaches are beautiful there. If I was raising a family, Palm Beach Gardens would be high on my list of places to move.

Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood are a totally different animal. Lots of sketchy neighborhoods, higher crime, and areas of wealthier pockets closer to the water. The beaches here are great. Lots of entertainment and stuff to do in the Fort Lauderdale area. If you are renting, I would recommend living near the beach. If you are buying, I would recommend a suburb of Fort Lauderdale.

Miami Lakes is Miami-Dade County. It is predominantly Latin there. But Miami Lakes is a nice area. Your cost of living will be higher in Miami-Dade County. The traffic there is bad and the predominant language is Spanish.
I agree. I ran a half marathon out in West Palm Beach through a very nice neighborhood all along the coast of the Atlantic (literally). But it is almost an hour drive from Fort Lauderdale - particularly Davie, Hollywood, Pembroke Pines, etc.

I got tired of Tallahassee and worked in Miami for a year. I saw the FSU game at the Orange Bowl. Miami was heavily Latin American with Spanish as a prevalent language. By contrast, Tallahassee (outside of FSU) is mostly a southern town of the panhandle very similar to rural communities of Southern Alabama and Georgia. It was a clash of culture every FSU-Miami game - LOL.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 557 times
You are so off base. I happen to live in Cabana Colony and the neighbors that I have met here do not work at the mall food court but instead are engineers, police officers, realitors, office managers, and contractors to name a few. Most of us choose to live in Cabana Colony due to the great central location, no HOA, and lower home costs. These homes can be fixed up really nice and the people, at-least the ones I have met, have been very kind. I am most certainly not white-trash and I'm tired of people saying that this area is. Just like anywhere there are great people in an area and less desirable people in an area but please don't classify the entire neighborhood as one way. It simply is not accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach