Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 04:47 AM

11 posts, read 23,643 times

Advertisements

Thank you!

Alton is the new Kolter community, which will span from hood to donald ross. On the east it starts behind san michele and the benjamin school, the west border is the turnpike. Based on the website, looks like there are trying to make it PBGs' Abacoa.

I would love to find a gated community in PBG or Jupiter, preferably with a little bit of land and not zero lot. I really loved Steeplechase but I know you can smell the dump in there although no one acknowledges it. I have always liked Bay Hill. Their new homes are almost gone. My issue with that community, besides being so far west, is the fact there is no traffic light at the gate. In the mornings there is a ton of traffic from the acreage. With all of the new homes, traffic will back up in the community in the mornings during rush hour.

Based on some of the threads I've read, maybe I should consider some of the older homes in Jupiter like Mystic Cove, etc. I just want someplace family friendly. Country clubs are out of the question. I really appreciate CityGuy's response regarding the country club fees. Spot on for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 04:54 AM

Also would love to hear thoughts on Valencia in Abacoa and Gardenia Isles, community by Kolter in PBG, squeezed into the front of BallenIsles off of Military.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:52 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw007 View Post
Also would love to hear thoughts on Valencia in Abacoa and Gardenia Isles, community by Kolter in PBG, squeezed into the front of BallenIsles off of Military.
Mystic Cove was an Ecclestone build. It is a small community of 2 streets with a decent price point but zero amenities. Not sure on how many kids live in there. Not a manned gate, just follow in another car!

Valencia at Abacoa- zero lot line, in some lots you can put your hand on your neighbors A/C unit with your toes in your pool! Quality can be an issue, many of the Spear homes have flooded due to faulty plumbing (specifically where the copper hot water tank meets the plastic plumbing for the rest of the house). I personally know of 6+ houses that have flooded (including the original Spear model home!).
Spear also had roof tile issues, they used a decorative ceramic tile which cracked easily during the hurricanes in 2004/05.
The Issa Homes in Valencia have mold issues in the garage apartments. It was an option to build living quarters above the garages out of wood (concrete first floor, wood second level). At the joint it seems common for water intrusion/mold and since many apartments aren't used regularly the mold doesn't get noticed quickly.

If you like Jupiter, look at Palm Cove (just east of Mystic Cove). Bigger lots, has a big lake in the middle and the houses are a little bigger/nicer than Mystic but it is a few years older than others mentioned. A few homes have jumbo garages (like for a boat or RV).

Old 06-20-2015, 04:35 PM

Thank you!

Old 06-23-2015, 07:06 PM
GOL

5 posts, read 7,441 times
We live in PGA and we love it. In our neighborhood, almost everyone lives there year round. Apparently more and more people are staying full time and like us, they are young professionals with young children.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:49 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,789,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOL View Post
We live in PGA and we love it. In our neighborhood, almost everyone lives there year round. Apparently more and more people are staying full time and like us, they are young professionals with young children.
That is great and I love that the demographics are changing.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:09 PM
GOL

5 posts, read 7,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw007 View Post
Thank you!

Alton is the new Kolter community, which will span from hood to donald ross. On the east it starts behind san michele and the benjamin school, the west border is the turnpike. Based on the website, looks like there are trying to make it PBGs' Abacoa.

I would love to find a gated community in PBG or Jupiter, preferably with a little bit of land and not zero lot. I really loved Steeplechase but I know you can smell the dump in there although no one acknowledges it. I have always liked Bay Hill. Their new homes are almost gone. My issue with that community, besides being so far west, is the fact there is no traffic light at the gate. In the mornings there is a ton of traffic from the acreage. With all of the new homes, traffic will back up in the community in the mornings during rush hour.

Based on some of the threads I've read, maybe I should consider some of the older homes in Jupiter like Mystic Cove, etc. I just want someplace family friendly. Country clubs are out of the question. I really appreciate CityGuy's response regarding the country club fees. Spot on for sure!
It's actually not the dump that you are smelling. It's well water. Steeplechase and older homes in PGA have well water which pumps sulfur smelling water to the surface.

I thought the same thing but have since experienced that it is indeed the sulfur water.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOL View Post
It's actually not the dump that you are smelling. It's well water. Steeplechase and older homes in PGA have well water which pumps sulfur smelling water to the surface.

I thought the same thing but have since experienced that it is indeed the sulfur water.
The dump is less than 1/2 mile as the crow flies from the landfill......you surely smell it if the winds are blowing NE

Well water stinks too, but the landfill especially being that close is a contributor! You can smell it in your car even with the A/C off driving down the turnpike at 80 mph!

Old 07-23-2015, 04:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,128 times
I see a lot of useful information. We are looking to buy in Jupiter and not interested in golf or a cc. How is Egrets Landing?

Old 07-23-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis40 View Post
I see a lot of useful information. We are looking to buy in Jupiter and not interested in golf or a cc. How is Egrets Landing?
Its pretty good....tons of kids. The community has a nice layout (big circle with cul-de-sac off shoots) and was built by a few different builders so not every house is the same. HOA is very low.

One of the best things is it is in the best elementary, middle and high school districts....the trifecta of schools vs. some of the other places like Abacoa that have good schools for elem/middle but awful high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach