Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:35 AM

72 posts, read 226,432 times

Advertisements

It's funny, I spoke to some co-workers in Rialto and everyone of them is excited about this new commercial project. They feel property values will skyrocket once this company moves in and the workers are looking for homes. It will be interesting to see what happens, but they may have a point. If this company brings in some high paying jobs there will be families looking to be close by.

I agree with you Rusty, I just can't get use to the lights and interstate. But there will probably be lots of people that value a short commute over those things. If you got into Rialto early, I think getting out will be easy and you will do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 06:02 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,212,603 times
Default Undecided!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGators View Post
It's funny, I spoke to some co-workers in Rialto and everyone of them is excited about this new commercial project. They feel property values will skyrocket once this company moves in and the workers are looking for homes. It will be interesting to see what happens, but they may have a point. If this company brings in some high paying jobs there will be families looking to be close by.

I agree with you Rusty, I just can't get use to the lights and interstate. But there will probably be lots of people that value a short commute over those things. If you got into Rialto early, I think getting out will be easy and you will do well.
There are as many Rialto Residents that are excited as well as just as many that are not......right now all we know is that it is a major international corporation possibly moving in......and the decision as well as name of the corporation will not be disclosed till late February/early March......

At this point, I am on the fence as to whether or not this will be good for Rialto......and until they announce who the company is and what exactly they will be doing with the land...I am taking the wait and see approach......for there will be plenty of time after they announce their decision to......

As far as those high paying jobs...other than the higher executives...the average salary they mentioned was "around $70,000"...I guess high paying for Florida but will it be enough to purchase a home in Rialto or Jupiter????? They could also choose to live in Martin County and travel 20 to 30 minutes a day in exchange for a similar home for $50 - $100 thousand less......

Additionally, Palm Beach County & Jupiter gave this unidentified company several tax credits/advantages in an attempt to lure them here...how much...how long...no one knows except our officials......

As far as getting out...no way...for I have the two best neighbors in the world and we are in the Executive Section of Rialto which is far enough away from any project that might be approved......so tell me UFGators....do you live in Rialto????

Old 02-04-2014, 06:50 AM

72 posts, read 226,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
There are as many Rialto Residents that are excited as well as just as many that are not......right now all we know is that it is a major international corporation possibly moving in......and the decision as well as name of the corporation will not be disclosed till late February/early March......

At this point, I am on the fence as to whether or not this will be good for Rialto......and until they announce who the company is and what exactly they will be doing with the land...I am taking the wait and see approach......for there will be plenty of time after they announce their decision to......

As far as those high paying jobs...other than the higher executives...the average salary they mentioned was "around $70,000"...I guess high paying for Florida but will it be enough to purchase a home in Rialto or Jupiter????? They could also choose to live in Martin County and travel 20 to 30 minutes a day in exchange for a similar home for $50 - $100 thousand less......

Additionally, Palm Beach County & Jupiter gave this unidentified company several tax credits/advantages in an attempt to lure them here...how much...how long...no one knows except our officials......

As far as getting out...no way...for I have the two best neighbors in the world and we are in the Executive Section of Rialto which is far enough away from any project that might be approved......so tell me UFGators....do you live in Rialto????
Rusty,
No, I don't live in Rialto. My wife and I have been shopping for about 3 months now for a new house and Rialto at one time was our first choice. However, after seeing the lot fees and stopping by at night to check out those lights, we have pretty much decided to take a pass. I was just curious about the new project and wanted to hear what it was.

I didn't mean to imply you wanted out, I just meant that if the new building comes and you don't like the increase traffic or view you could easily get out. I have heard the community is fantastic with great people, and if was in the executive section I would probably be happy also. But I can't see paying that much for the estate section with the surrounding area being what it is.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:51 AM

Rialto/Lennar has allegedly settled the land battle with Merrill Lynch and Chase regarding the lots in the Executive Section and the sales staff has commented that they will be released soon...but they have been saying that for the last 12 months...if the Executive Section opens they claim to have 100 lots which will be available...

DiVosta might be building homes west of 95 on Indiantown Road, I think somewhere opposite the Jupiter County Club by Toll Brothers...their approval could come at the end of this month...

On Donald Ross East of 95 on the south side of street a 2700 home site is being considered, either by Kolter Homes or Divosta...forgot which one...

You could also try www.newhomesource.com for a list of new home projects in the area...and the only reason I asked if you lived in Rialto was so we could meet and discuss the project with several of my neighbors who want to put together a meeting...good luck in your home search...

Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 AM

17,202 posts, read 21,895,907 times
Quote:
Rialto/Lennar has allegedly settled the land battle with Merrill Lynch and Chase regarding the lots in the Executive Section and the sales staff has commented that they will be released soon...but they have been saying that for the last 12 months...if the Executive Section opens they claim to have 100 lots which will be available...

DiVosta might be building homes west of 95 on Indiantown Road, I think somewhere opposite the Jupiter County Club by Toll Brothers...their approval could come at the end of this month...

On Donald Ross East of 95 on the south side of street a 2700 home site is being considered, either by Kolter Homes or Divosta...forgot which one...

You could also try www.newhomesource.com for a list of new home projects in the area...and the only reason I asked if you lived in Rialto was so we could meet and discuss the project with several of my neighbors who want to put together a meeting...good luck in your home search...

1. You can bet on DiVosta building whatever he wants on that parcel 19, across from JCC. The town of Jupiter loves whatever that guy dreams up! He sold the unfinished Abacoa development for 180mm (net profit) to Pulte Homes about 8-10 years ago. He is an older guy so this parcel 19 will likely be his final community.
2. The Briger tract (off Donald Ross) will end up residential, just not sure if 2700 will be the total number. That is PBG's decision, not Jupiter.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM

City Guy....I always look forward to your comments...

DiVosta...actually...he has been turned down twice by Jupiter so far and this is his last and final attempt to get the project through...after that he will have to sell the land or think up something else...

Briger tract...yes once again you are right...that is PBG...but I was just mentioning new construction developments that might be available in the future...I am sure there are others...but they were the first to come to mind...

Old 02-16-2014, 05:48 AM

Rumor has it that Power Systems Manufacturing - PSM.com - currently located at 1440 W. Indiantown Rd, Jupiter, Fl owned by Olstom, is the company moving into this area. They manufacture LARGE GAS GENERATORS used by utility companies and other large power users...

They currently occupy a 200,000SF building and are uncertain if they will maintain this site or move everything to the new site on Island Way.

More to follow...

Old 02-16-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
City Guy....I always look forward to your comments...

DiVosta...actually...he has been turned down twice by Jupiter so far and this is his last and final attempt to get the project through...after that he will have to sell the land or think up something else...

Briger tract...yes once again you are right...that is PBG...but I was just mentioning new construction developments that might be available in the future...I am sure there are others...but they were the first to come to mind...

DiVosta is a very rich, connected man. He is going to get whatever he wants, the semantics with the city council is to make the residents believe they are trying to run/control the city. He alone has built more of Jupiter than any two or three people/companies combined. Bluffs and Abacoa were his projects, off the charts successful and still strong in the resale market today. Though to me the Bluffs still looks like military housing gone bad.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Rumor has it that Power Systems Manufacturing - PSM.com - currently located at 1440 W. Indiantown Rd, Jupiter, Fl owned by Olstom, is the company moving into this area. They manufacture LARGE GAS GENERATORS used by utility companies and other large power users...

They currently occupy a 200,000SF building and are uncertain if they will maintain this site or move everything to the new site on Island Way.

More to follow...

I would think they would be better suited to the Beeline Highway Commerce Park especially with rail service heading out there (rail for cargo, not passengers). From a land cost standpoint alone the Beeline would be the no brainer......

Old 02-18-2014, 01:06 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,740,380 times
Just read this yesterday, it seems the boom has returned.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach