Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:35 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,927 times

Advertisements

Knew about the first 2...cannot believe that many people want to move to Florida...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 06:35 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
Knew about the first 2...cannot believe that many people want to move to Florida...
Could be current FL residents moving north also.....get out of Dade/Broward.

I can't believe that many people want to live out near the Acreage......Northlake Blvd already sucks traveling at peak commuting times. This is also what residents out there dread (HOA subdivisions). There are two very small strip centers in that area and they will certainly need more with that many homes out there (which will be another thorn in residents side!).

Good news is it will mean a lot of construction jobs for years to come, something the acreage residents will be able to take advantage of and it should spike the real estate prices out there as well.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
CityGuy, thats precisely why mom chose the Jupiter area because Miami is changing so quickly.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

I can't believe that many people want to live out near the Acreage......Northlake Blvd already sucks traveling at peak commuting times. This is also what residents out there dread (HOA subdivisions). There are two very small strip centers in that area and they will certainly need more with that many homes out there (which will be another thorn in residents side!).

Good news is it will mean a lot of construction jobs for years to come, something the acreage residents will be able to take advantage of and it should spike the real estate prices out there as well.

Forgot about that...Miami Dade/Broward residents......but from what my wife's step mother claims...for everyone that moves out two want to move in......

Acreage...if they keep building there will be no acreage...everything they submit is zero lot line and you can basically say good night to your neighbors if everyone's windows are open...the traffic, that is a whole other problem...it's a witch getting to Costco now, so I can't imagine another 12,000 homes in the area......

Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 AM

72 posts, read 227,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

It doesn't surprise me that most of the new communities are planned along Northlake, where else is there land available? They will have to do several things to allow that many homes out there though. 441 will have to be expanded, no matter how much the Ibis residents whine about it. The bridge they proposed for Northake over Beeline will have to be completed, no matter how much the PGA residents whine about it. It will also need to be widened to 3 lanes throughout. I think sooner or later PGA will have to be expanded west to the ranch property also.

I think you will see a lot of commercial development along Northlake out west in the next few years. The residents are fighting it, but sooner or later you will need to bring stores and restaurants. All along Northlake there is commercial property available, and it is only a matter of time before it gets pushed through. I believe this has been the plan out here all along. Too much available land to go left untouched. Some are calling the vavrus ranch project the next Abacoa. They already have the basic infrastructure of pipes for water put in out there. It's only a matter of time before the Acreage loses its "rural" lifestyle that the older home owners are holding on too. Unless we start buldozing old houses in the west palm area, there just isn't land for these developers to start new communities. No matter what your opinion of them is, they seem to sell out.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:24 PM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGators View Post
It doesn't surprise me that most of the new communities are planned along Northlake, where else is there land available? They will have to do several things to allow that many homes out there though. 441 will have to be expanded, no matter how much the Ibis residents whine about it. The bridge they proposed for Northake over Beeline will have to be completed, no matter how much the PGA residents whine about it. It will also need to be widened to 3 lanes throughout. I think sooner or later PGA will have to be expanded west to the ranch property also.

I think you will see a lot of commercial development along Northlake out west in the next few years. The residents are fighting it, but sooner or later you will need to bring stores and restaurants. All along Northlake there is commercial property available, and it is only a matter of time before it gets pushed through. I believe this has been the plan out here all along. Too much available land to go left untouched. Some are calling the vavrus ranch project the next Abacoa. They already have the basic infrastructure of pipes for water put in out there. It's only a matter of time before the Acreage loses its "rural" lifestyle that the older home owners are holding on too. Unless we start buldozing old houses in the west palm area, there just isn't land for these developers to start new communities. No matter what your opinion of them is, they seem to sell out.

I agree with all you said but I wouldn't buy out there!

Next battle will be Jog road extension running right through PGA National, I saw this week the road is done all the way to Northlake, paved/lights installed and PGA will have to remove their fake gates at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach