Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM

25 posts, read 37,610 times

Advertisements

Posted this in the Fort Lauderdale section but did not get a response. I thought I would also post here:

Hello,

My husband and I are close to retiring and would like to be snowbirds beginning next year. Our daughter and her husband currently live in Fort Lauderdale and we are starting to become more familiar with Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding communities. We would like to start out by renting a two bedroom place and are looking for suggestions from local residents on towns, and areas/apartment/condo complexes within those towns.

Last January we did a little exploring around and drove as far north as Hutchinson Island. We are visiting again in March and would like to drive around and concentrate more within the Fort Lauderdale area up to 20-30 mins or so away. We love the Riverwalk area but feel the condos might be a little pricey for us unless we rented a one bedroom. We are familiar with Wilton Manors and Victoria Park and the Las Olas area. Are there any specific areas or nearby towns we should take a look at while we are there and range of rental prices? We are not stuck into living in Fort Lauderdale and are open to all suggestions but not yet ready to contact a realtor. We have a 10 pound dog, and are looking for a safe, pet friendly, walkable community where we can walk to a Starbucks or local coffee shop, farmer's market, and maybe a few restaurants (which is why we like the Riverwalk area).

Thanks so much for any suggestions you can provide. Have a great day!

PS.... I should also mention that if we love the area in our first year of renting and all goes well, we are considering selling our home up north and relocating to Florida or reversing it and renting for the summer and early fall months in the north and buying a home spending more time in the south. We are playing this by ear but first are hoping for some advice and suggestions on which areas to look at in March! We loved the dog beach in Jupiter and plan to visit again in March! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 04:27 PM

29 posts, read 54,890 times
Pompano Beach, Lighthouse and Lauderdale by the Sea are nice areas. They are a bit older but well kept and close to the beach. I know Pompano has a farmers market for sure. I have never lived in any of those areas but knew someone in Pompano and I really liked it! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach