Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:33 AM

72 posts, read 123,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
You'll do just fine in Boca, tho u will not find much "southerness" about it.

Pretty nice, decent area you'll be living as well.
You mentioned that you're in your late 30s and single?
If you're straight try going out to Blue Martini
If you're gay u can always go to Wilton Manors in ft Lauderdale.

Boca is nice tho, you'll like it.
Thank you for the tip. I'm a straight guy, never married; very career-focused during my 30s ever since I finished all of my education. I have an athletic, slim, youthful look, fortunately - so many guys look like they are in their 50s by the time they hit their late 30s. I will definitely check out the Blue Martini and see what kind of 'damage' that I can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 09:57 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,647,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Colson View Post
People here are friendly and nice.
I want whatever this guy's smokin'!

FWIW, I lived in Boca for 12 years, and never once did I hear someone describe Boca people as "friendly and nice." In all honestly, those are the very last adjectives I would use to describe people there, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan1998 View Post
Thank you. I'm certain that I'm going to love Boca. And almost everybody who I've met comments about how they love my southern accent, so that nearly always makes for a great conversation starter.
Funny, I remember romanticizing Boca for years before I moved there--I just thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I was kid back then, and I hadn't been many places at all, so I was naive and didn't really know what else was out there.

That said, people in Boca don't really care where you're from because they just don't care about you in general. Don't expect special treatment because you speak with a Southern accent or you're from Alabama. Believe it or not, that may actually work to your disadvantage in Boca because you will seem very foreign to Boca people, since you're not from NY and don't speak with an NY accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan1998 View Post
so many guys look like they are in their 50s by the time they hit their late 30s.
Haha, maybe in Alabama and Mississippi...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach