Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 04:14 AM

35 posts, read 49,419 times

Advertisements

Can anyone refer a quality kitchen cabinet company? How are the better quality Home Depot or Lowes quality? How would they measure up to like Schrappners Cabinets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,397,385 times
I bought a foreclosure and the previous owner ripped out the entire kitchen. The bank put in the base line home depot cabinets and honestly for a basic cabinet they look just fine. The upgraded levels do look nicer.
I'm actually considering going with a different basic cabinet since they are 20% off at home depot right now.
There are definitely nicer cabinets, but depending on the price of your home the HD's or Lowe's are just fine.
I pm'd you a good kitchen guy if you want something more custom.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:01 AM

134 posts, read 282,441 times
Getting "new" kitchen cabinets and a granite counter-top was one of the hardest and worst experiences of my life! We paid someone to rip out the first granite job and lost about $1,500.00 in the process. Be very careful about WHO puts them in. It is worth the money to join a company where people can review companies and service providers. Do not rely on advertising and home magazines. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE INSTALLERS.

I ended up buying re-surfacing for my old cabinets, and I regret it, although at the time I could not afford all new. They look fine on the outside, but inside they are old.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 AM

35 posts, read 49,419 times
Thanks, I'm thinking about going the Home Depot/Lowes up graded cabinets. Does anyone have an idea how they last over the long term?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:24 AM

141 posts, read 306,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieUSA View Post
Getting "new" kitchen cabinets and a granite counter-top was one of the hardest and worst experiences of my life! We paid someone to rip out the first granite job and lost about $1,500.00 in the process. Be very careful about WHO puts them in. It is worth the money to join a company where people can review companies and service providers. Do not rely on advertising and home magazines. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THE INSTALLERS.

I ended up buying re-surfacing for my old cabinets, and I regret it, although at the time I could not afford all new. They look fine on the outside, but inside they are old.
I use Angie's List and its been very helpful.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:02 PM

335 posts, read 619,696 times
I just had my kitchen redone (although I'm in CA now) and it was actually quite reasonable to go with a custom cabinetmaker. Which totally surprised me, I thought that would be much more expensive. Sorry that I don't know of any in the area.

Another thought - ask your neighbors/people you work with/etc if anyone has done any remodeling recently. I've discovered that it's better to go with someone whose work you've actually seen and can talk to someone about that person's pros and cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach