Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:19 PM

63 posts, read 229,090 times

Advertisements

I am more confused as ever. We are moving in 6 mos and we can not decide on an area. I am concerned about the crime/gangs/traffic in Wellington and Jupiter. I am concerned that Wellington may feel too in the middle of nowhere. I am also worried that the people in Parkland may not be friendly. Obviously, I am looking for excellent schools and access to some culture. We are coming from Philly. Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM

423 posts, read 1,642,548 times
All three of those are excellent choices with great schools. Your choice should really depend upon on line of work/commute since you really don't want to waste 2 hrs in traffic everyday. Another key factor to consider is the cost/afford ability factor... not to mention your lifestyle, activities etc.

Feel free to IM me if I can be of any help.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:08 AM

548 posts, read 540,522 times
Stop worrying, all are great places. We lived in Jupiter for 3 years and now live in Parkland. We spent a lot of time in Wellington at the dog park and mall. So we have spent lots of time in all three places.

People are people all over the US. There are nice and not so nice folks. Small towns can be very unfriendly to outsiders, large cities can seem friendly if you have some good friends. No place has the corner on nice or mean people, it is what you make of it.

Jupiter has easy beach access, Wellington is inland with open spaces and shopping, Parkland an upscale feel.

All are relatively low crime, decent schools, plenty of things to do, plenty of nice people. Wellington has more traffic, but not horrible at all.

We also lived outside of Philadelphia for 20 years, you will have no problems with any of the 3 places. You could pick any of them out of a hat and I doubt you would be dissapointed once you moved.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
All of those areas are good places, all depends where you want to be.

Jupiter is north county and as nice as it is has a large illegal immigrant problem and also a growing population of immigrants but I don't think it will be come like Lake Worth. Not saying they are all bad, many are hard working people trying to make a living but many people don't like the day laborer issue that comes with this.

Wellington is central county has an average age of 37, population over 55K, very family oriented and lot's of nice parks and actitivies. Equestrian events and friendly. Traffic on Forest Hill is almost always heavy, but since there is no turnpike entrance/exit it's not as bad as it could be. Wellington is also self-contained, you have everything you need, mall, grocery stores, shopping, restaurants and etc. Wellington is middle class to upscale, plenty of multi-million dollar homes and developments around and also less expensive ones.

Parkland is much smaller then Wellington and is in Broward County, if you like being closer to Ft Lauderdale/Miami then it's a safe choice.

Another area to consider is Palm Beach Gardens, which is just south of Jupiter. Close to the beaches and becoming more upscale.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Parrkland vs Jupiter vs Wellington-confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar3 View Post
All three of those are excellent choices with great schools. Your choice should really depend upon on line of work/commute since you really don't want to waste 2 hrs in traffic everyday. Another key factor to consider is the cost/afford ability factor... not to mention your lifestyle, activities etc.

Feel free to IM me if I can be of any help.
Thank you so much. I feel a little silly here, but what does IM mean?

Old 12-10-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Parkland vs Jupiter vs Wellington-confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFlorida View Post
Stop worrying, all are great places. We lived in Jupiter for 3 years and now live in Parkland. We spent a lot of time in Wellington at the dog park and mall. So we have spent lots of time in all three places.

People are people all over the US. There are nice and not so nice folks. Small towns can be very unfriendly to outsiders, large cities can seem friendly if you have some good friends. No place has the corner on nice or mean people, it is what you make of it.

Jupiter has easy beach access, Wellington is inland with open spaces and shopping, Parkland an upscale feel.

All are relatively low crime, decent schools, plenty of things to do, plenty of nice people. Wellington has more traffic, but not horrible at all.

We also lived outside of Philadelphia for 20 years, you will have no problems with any of the 3 places. You could pick any of them out of a hat and I doubt you would be dissapointed once you moved.

Thanks. WOuld you say the schools are equally good in all of those areas? Parkland seems llike a likely place for us as Boca is close and feels more "East coast."

Old 12-10-2007, 11:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
I don't know much about Parkland, but Jupiter and Wellington will both be great places to live.

Honestly, choose the place that's closest to your work. Commuting long distances through Palm Beach County is not fun.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,497,513 times
We just moved to Wellington and we love it!!
I have not seen any "gangs" and I certainly feel very safe living here.
The service people are over the top friendly and the shopping is excellent.
I love it here, we drove down to Jupiter a few times to go to the beach and the drive is pretty short 30 minutes.
I liked Jupiter for the beach but I am glad we are in Wellington, better shopping etc..

I read that your husband is going to start a practice, best of luck with that. I know I need a family doctor!!!

I think you can not make a decision on where to live without coming here first and getting your feel for these places.
We rented for sixty days a furnished home and drove all over the place before we decided on where we are now.

Best of luck.

Best of luck

Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM

895 posts, read 4,247,796 times
Used to live in Jupiter. Have friends who live in Parkland. I vote for Parkland.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:49 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Good things about each (all are good overall though)

Jupiter: Close to beach

Wellington: Nice shopping

Parkland: Very unique feel, lots of land
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach