Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 3,405 times

Advertisements

I have never lived in Florida but my husband has been driving me nuts for years wanting to move so we are finally going to take the leap. We currently own a home in Knoxville but want to move during summer before the kids have to go back to school in August. The areas that we have been looking at are Wellington, Boca Raton and Boynton Beach. Which one of these areas do you think offer the most for a large family including better schools, safer neighborhood and things for kids to do? My children range from 3 to almost 15 so I will have kids in elementary, middle and high school come August.

Do houses move quickly here? We will be renting to begin with so what areas should I look in and what areas should I avoid? My max budget for rent will be around $3750. Is there any other areas that I should look at that is within 20-45 minutes from these areas?

I need at least a 5 bedroom and want a private pool. If you have good suggestions besides craigslist and realtors.com to look for homes for rent that would be awesome. We are coming down the 11 - 16th to look at homes. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 08:13 AM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,160 times
All three areas are nice.
Is a drive to work a concern?
If you are looking for a newer home I would recommend Boynton or Wellington over Boca.
There's currently 4-5 5 bed pool homes in the Canyons communities in Boynton that should meet your needs.
Canyons are nice gated family friendly communities with resort like amenities.
Realtor.com is good, Homes for rent West Palm Beach | Florida Home | Palm Beach Post | www.palmbeachpost.com the palm beach post has a rentals section as well.
Craiglist has a lot of scams going around so be careful on there.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 AM

My husband and I both work from home so commuting is not an issue. I would like to live in an area that the schools are fairly close though. Thank you for your reply.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,126 times
If you want to be in a somewhat remote sprawling golf community then wellington is for you.
I know many people who live in the Canyon's and LOVE it. I also think it is a better location, and the schools are very close. Like the person above said they are new, larger homes with lots of amenities.
In Boca things are more expensive so you will get less sq. footage for your $, but their schools are THE BEST of all 3 communities you listed.
hope it helps.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:10 PM

10 posts, read 16,447 times
Your best bet will probably be Wellington for your budget you can get a huge 4000+sq ft house with a yard and enclosed patio and pool. The schools are much better and the crime rate is a lot lower, there are plenty of outdoor activites and community centers for the kids and a short drive to downtown WPB or easy access to the turnpike if you want to hit the surrounding areas. There are lots of active single family gated communities around there for you to check out depending on what you are looking for.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 PM

Thanks everyone!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach