Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:05 PM

7 posts, read 22,372 times

Advertisements

Hello, is there anyone on here living in Bayhill the new phase? Do you enjoy living there, what is the community like, any pros and cons? We will be building in there soon just wanted some info. The Preserve at Bayhill that is.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:38 AM

72 posts, read 226,998 times
Haven't moved in yet, but we are also currently building at The Preserve. I've met a lot of our new neighbors and so far everyone has been nice. Seems to be a mix of families, retirees, and some childless couples (about the same as every other South Florida upscale community). Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd also like to know your thoughts of the community.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:19 AM

Thank you UFGators, I got an email that there will,be a basketball court, tennis court and fitness station area, how far along are you? We literally just started.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:23 AM

My thoughts of the community, we've looked in Rialto, Steepleshase,Olympia,Verasailes,Ibis,and Bayhill....I loved the feel of Bayhill, my hubby really liked Rialto but that's because he prefers Jupiter, our final decision was Bayhill

Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 AM

72 posts, read 226,998 times
Your search sounds very familiar. We visited Rialto, Jupiter Country, Windsor in Abacoa, Botantica, and a few in wellington area also. Came down to Rialto and Bayhill. Rialto suddenly jumped their lot fees right when we were going to put down a deposit, and we got spooked. Took a harder look at Bayhill again and after that never turned back. We have several friends in Rialto with families and sometimes wish we had got there earlier and paid the lower prices. I just didn't feel it was worth it with the higher fees, especially since we were going to end up close to I-95 and the soccer fields. I love Jupiter also, hopefully we don't regret moving so far west.

I completely agree with you on the "feel" of Bayhill. I love the vibe the community has. I just wish it was located in Jupiter. Of course if it was it would cost another 200K! Our move in date is supposed to be January, but all the rain is probably pushing it back. We shall see. We check on the progress every week. We just heard about the basketball court and other things last week. Did they pitch that to you when you bought? Have you sat through the options meetings yet? I love how custom GL homes are but it takes forever to get through it all. Rialto was complete opposite. You have about 10 decisions to make and your done.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM

No, I only found out about the tennis court and stuff a couple days ago, the option process was time consuming, then I went home thought about things on my own went back and added stuff (more recessed lighting, French door from the master yo pool area, vegetable sink on the island lol). We moved here from Jersey rented across the street in a Osprey ( but had a crazy situation with golf balls coming in the back yard) so we are in another rental in Palm Beach Gardens until the house is finish, I say this to say I keep hearing so far west but I totally enjoyed the months there, I had no problems getting anyway, publics was right there, etc, I guess moving from another state far west meant nothing to me.I only found out about JCC recently, have no idea why our realtor did not tell us about it and I thought I did a lot of research, have not seen but from what I was told I heard it's really nice (may be more money than what we want to spend though). I looked around a lot asked many questions but always came back to Bayhill.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:26 AM

I forgot to mention I recently met a realtor at a friends birthday party and he told me he has sold homes in both Rialto and Bay Hill, he thinks we made a better decision by choosing Bay Hill, he said there are not going to be places with land space like that again, the resale value for homes in there will be great (although we gave no intentions of moving again) and he did not like the 95 noise in Rialto, he also said GL gives a solid home, I figured he had nothing to gain or lose by giving me his thoughts since I already purchased

Old 07-30-2014, 08:32 AM

One more thing, what was really important for me is the feeling of open space, I prefer to have a small house and land space, than a mansion on zero lot line, I hated Versailies for that these huge tall homes on zero lot lines you could hardly see the sky, I also hate homes where the pool takes up the whole back yard.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,868 times
can anyone give us any opinion about the preserve at Bayhill and building a house with GL homes? we are originally from New York but have been living in boring Melbourne FL for the past 10 years. We are looking for an area to meet friends, ample shopping, nice restaurants, quality healthcare and have things to do. We are also looking in the Parkland area. Are there northerners down there or will we feel out of place. Any insight on either area would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:20 AM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Long islander View Post
can anyone give us any opinion about the preserve at Bayhill and building a house with GL homes? we are originally from New York but have been living in boring Melbourne FL for the past 10 years. We are looking for an area to meet friends, ample shopping, nice restaurants, quality healthcare and have things to do. We are also looking in the Parkland area. Are there northerners down there or will we feel out of place. Any insight on either area would be greatly appreciated.
search UFGators experience with GL/Bayhill...... short version was brand new house didn't appraise as high as purchase price so lender wanted more money down and UFGators felt GL should reduce price (they would not) and if he didn't close he would lose his deposit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach