Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 06:12 PM

55 posts, read 74,939 times

Advertisements

I think with that budget East Boca is though. I live in Boca Square and we love it. We have about half an acre and it seems everyone has dogs. The schools are amazing and just about everything is within 5 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,654,825 times
I own a condo in Sandalfoot Cove.

No, unfortunately, the area is not as safe and desirable as it was once. Of course, I remember when the area was first developed in the late 70's/early 80's (grandparents purchased that condo c. '78-'79), so my opinion may be somewhat jaded in that regard.

Over the past few years in particular, however, I've noticed a significant change in the demographics of the area (was there this past summer, but hadn't been since mid-2012 prior to that). To my understanding, property crime rates in the area have increased, and a lot of locals are shying away from the area, describing it as "unsafe" or "ghetto" (in FL, "ghetto" is code word for diverse), although probably somewhat unjustified--no area of Boca is what I would consider as "dangerous" or "ghetto," even along Dixie in the northeastern part of town).

That said, in Boca, you can do much better than Sandalfoot Cove. However, if most of Boca aside from, say, Sandalfoot Cove and a few other areas are out of your price range, then you should probably look into Coral Springs or other areas further south instead. Just make sure you can afford to send your kids to private (Catholic) school, so in that case, I hope you're not Jewish.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:55 PM

8 posts, read 13,339 times
Thank you all for your responses! Our trip to florida was definitely an eye opener, the houses in East Boca in our price range were a little too small. We ended up looking in Plantation acres and Plantation Park, its further south but still only a 20min drive to work for my wife. It looks like that area might suit us better because we do have 4 dogs and its one of the few cities with no dog limit.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:45 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,788,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljbo View Post
Thank you all for your responses! Our trip to florida was definitely an eye opener, the houses in East Boca in our price range were a little too small. We ended up looking in Plantation acres and Plantation Park, its further south but still only a 20min drive to work for my wife. It looks like that area might suit us better because we do have 4 dogs and its one of the few cities with no dog limit.
Oh ok hope you guys settle in nicely into the area I think you will learn to enjoy the area especially during this time since the weather is the perfect medium between hot and cold.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:34 PM

61 posts, read 122,288 times
You wont find anything descent in Boca for under $375,000 and that's pushing it. I've been here for 1.5 years (renting) and whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the Sandlefoot area. Jerry Springer type of environment. Pull into the parking lot there at the PUBLIX and it won't take you long to see what I mean. West Boca has LOTS of traffic. 441 is horrible for traffic. I hate it ! I would love to live in east Boca, but you will have to come up with around $450.000 to get into a descent area. I've looked at a lot of homes in West Boca, and it's been very disappointing! Everybody thinks their home is worth $200 per sq. ft. I'm thinking I'll probably head North into Wellington where home prices are better and the traffic isn't near as bad.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:14 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,593,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusnatc View Post
You wont find anything descent in Boca for under $375,000 and that's pushing it. I've been here for 1.5 years (renting) and whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the Sandlefoot area. Jerry Springer type of environment. Pull into the parking lot there at the PUBLIX and it won't take you long to see what I mean. West Boca has LOTS of traffic. 441 is horrible for traffic. I hate it ! I would love to live in east Boca, but you will have to come up with around $450.000 to get into a descent area. I've looked at a lot of homes in West Boca, and it's been very disappointing! Everybody thinks their home is worth $200 per sq. ft. I'm thinking I'll probably head North into Wellington where home prices are better and the traffic isn't near as bad.
Traffic is just as bad here as Boca, rentals rates are high as well. It will also be getting worse, more development is popping up on 441 between Southern and Lake Worth Road, more houses, more stores = more traffic.

Also you will find "Jerry Springer" types here as well, don't forget that Welly World is close to Royal Palm Beach, Loxahatchee and also the mall and shopping is very popular with people from Belle Glade and Pahokee...

Old 11-29-2014, 08:45 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Why Boca?

Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
Traffic is just as bad here as Boca, rentals rates are high as well. It will also be getting worse, more development is popping up on 441 between Southern and Lake Worth Road, more houses, more stores = more traffic.

Also you will find "Jerry Springer" types here as well, don't forget that Welly World is close to Royal Palm Beach, Loxahatchee and also the mall and shopping is very popular with people from Belle Glade and Pahokee...

What is being close to RPB and Loxahatchee indicate?

Old 11-29-2014, 09:16 AM

17,278 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJD1812 View Post
I think with that budget East Boca is though. I live in Boca Square and we love it. We have about half an acre and it seems everyone has dogs. The schools are amazing and just about everything is within 5 miles.

I grew up in Boca Square......1/2 acre lot is very rare as most are 1/4 acre at best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach