Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 AM

6 posts, read 14,423 times

Advertisements

We are moving from out of state and are trying to decide where to live in either Palm Beach Gardens or Jupiter. We are in our early 30s and have a baby. Schools aren't a huge consideration though because we probably wouldn't use public. Mirabella at Mirasol looks nice and fairly centrally located - what are the demographics in there? How about Jupiter Country Club - is it all retirees Or, Paloma or North Fork? If you buy old and update in North Fork, do you get your money back upon resale or is it generally a black whole?

We looked at Rialto and have concerns about the quality of construction. Abacoa seems family oriented but I think we would want a house with a backyard that isn't so enclosed by other houses... we don't need a huge yard but would prefer a backyard that had some sort of view - which seems to be the case in Mirabella, JCC, Paloma and North Fork.

I was told that some communities in Florida can have high proportions of people of certain religions. Do any of these communities fit that? Someone told me that Mirabella might - is that true? I am Christian and just would not want to end up being a minority in my community (not trying to start a controversy or anything and nothing against non-christians, I have many non-Christian friends, I just wouldn't want to be a minority).

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 10:45 AM

15 posts, read 16,321 times
I have been researching Florida myself as I want to move my family there from Ohio. Here are my favorite resources: great schools website for schools ratings and city data for demographics.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:45 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,400,402 times
There are homes in Abacoa that have some yard and don't back up to other homes so I wouldn't completely rule that out as it's a great area.
Paloma is very nice but it's also very high price per foot for a house. Great location though if you like to go out to eat a lot and go shopping as it's very close to PGA/Gardens Mall.
As mentioned in another post Mirabella is nice, but it's a little isolated, although there is a nice park next to it and a newer elementary school.
Egret Landing and Paseos are also nice communities in the area that might also work.

There is a new Divosta estate home neighborhood Sonoma Isles going up as well that should be really nice. Prices will start in the 600's and go up from there.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,155 times
Well as far demographics I think Jupiter is fairly upper middle class versus Palm Beach Gardens which seems to be whole cheaper with your money going further. Also you get tons of housing choices in PBG so more land but I wouldn't hesitate not to look at Jupiter. Lot of those communities like Mirabella have lots of families as well as other ages. Look at the amenities offered such as playground and kid pools and the floor plans and that can determine what these communities are marketed towards.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:36 AM

6 posts, read 14,423 times
Thanks!

Old 06-18-2015, 02:09 PM

72 posts, read 227,138 times
My mindset was very similar to yours. My wife and I have young kids and we weren't too concerned with schools as we prefer a religious private school. I love the Jupiter area, but hated the lack of land. We ended up going west to BayHill estates off Northlake. Before that we had our mind set on Rialto, but the price hikes in that community just didn't seem to match the quality. I would keep an eye on the Divosta community being built on Indiantown (I believe it was already mentioned). That might be a good option. We liked that Bayhill has a golf course owned by PGA national and membership is optional. We can join if we want but don't have to. But it's not Jupiter and that was the major con. We still end up eating on PGA or in Jupiter most of the time as a lot of our friends live in Abacoa or Rialto. It's a little farther of a drive, but when they see how much land we have they are amazed. Good luck!

Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 AM

11 posts, read 23,651 times
We liked Bay Hill as well. We were concerned about the entrance. There is a ton of traffic in the morning heading east on Northlake. Once everyone has moved into Bay Hill, we think that entrance is going to need a traffic light. Otherwise the morning commute for people who work and children attending school will be a nightmare. Do you know if there are plans for this?

Old 06-20-2015, 08:10 AM

72 posts, read 227,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw007 View Post
We liked Bay Hill as well. We were concerned about the entrance. There is a ton of traffic in the morning heading east on Northlake. Once everyone has moved into Bay Hill, we think that entrance is going to need a traffic light. Otherwise the morning commute for people who work and children attending school will be a nightmare. Do you know if there are plans for this?
No there are no plans for a light and honestly I hope they don't. It really isn't an issue getting out in the morning. My wife and I both work and have no issues getting out. It is three lanes there, and no one uses the right lane because it ends about 1 mile up the road. I jump on that lane and take it till it ends. There is sometimes a 3 min backup at the ibis light but once past there you are home free. My wife goes west and says she can get out and make a u turn quickly. Hope that helps.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:02 PM

11 posts, read 23,651 times
Yes it does. Thank you very much. Curious-- are you and your wife leaving between 6:30 and 7:30 AM?

Old 06-21-2015, 04:22 PM

96 posts, read 188,350 times
North Fork is a great community which is tucked away in The Shores of Jupiter. Shorewood Estates is also nice. If you are looking for new, consider Prado. It is in the Martin County section of Jupiter. The home are beautiful and so are the lots. Just a couple left in Phase 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach