Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 03:48 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
Of course "Wings" isn't dangerous, it's on Singer Island.

Actually, you don't know what you're talking about. The bad sections there are dangerous. Riviera Beach one year had a crime rate of 1232.4, U.S. average = 294.7. That's much higher than Miami or LA's have ever been.
Its apples to oranges. Riviera Beach is a small city that is all bad. Miami and L.A. are big cities that have good areas to offset the bad ones. So the crime stats are skewed. I'm sure that there are sections of Miami and L.A. that are as bad or worse than Riviera Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 04:19 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,660,766 times
I worked in RB. One time the cops chased a kid who ditched a stolen car into our business and he locked himself in the bathroom. It was a tense lockdown for about 1/2 an hour. We all had to lie on the floor while 30 cops extracted him because he had a gun during the chase. Good times.
I rode a bicycle to work and had a young "kid", I mean like an 18 year old "kid", try to beat me up, totally unprovoked. I got away, but carried a 800,000 shock pole with me afterward. When I heard "HEY, THATS MY BIKE", I learned to pedal fast, because someone will be chasing you trying to take it. The Palm Beach Post ran an article saying the gang situation in RB is on par with anything in California.
Riviera Beach. A good wholesome place.

Old 10-18-2015, 06:33 PM

536 posts, read 845,082 times
I have driven through Riviera Beach many times as I sometimes teach up in North PB County. It's a bit _deserted_ at night, not thronging with potential perps. The desertion does tell a story of its own, I agree, but I have never felt threatened in the 8-10PM hours when I have been driving through. 99% of people in Riviera Beach are just like everyone else: not wanting any problems, just wanting to go about their business. JMO--

Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,471,842 times
If you are just driving through on Riviera Beach or US1, there is a 99.9% chance that nothing bad will happen. This is what most tourists and locals do when they have to commute through Riviera. Few turn off onto the local streets unless they are completely lost, and this is where problems can occur. Yet most of the crime is gang-on-gang, or local on local. It is extremely unlikely that someone passing through would ever wind up getting a beat down for driving through the area with their windows rolled up and doors locked.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:05 PM

230 posts, read 343,410 times
Riviera is sketchy but you can drive through it lol it ain't like opa locka

Old 11-12-2015, 06:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCounty View Post
Of course "Wings" isn't dangerous, it's on Singer Island.

Actually, you don't know what you're talking about. The bad sections there are dangerous. Riviera Beach one year had a crime rate of 1232.4, U.S. average = 294.7. That's much higher than Miami or LA's have ever been.
No Tri---you don't know what YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I live in RB now. (i've also lived in Miami)
You know Jack about RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I moved down here from St. Louis a few years back and let me tell you, there were quite a few areas in & around that city that are worse than Riviera.
One would be, Downtown Palm Beach---at night.

Although non of these cities compare to Miami or LA.

Peps---take some self defense classes for a few years. THEN you won't be scared of your own Shadows!

Old 11-12-2015, 06:54 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,450,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
No Tri---you don't know what YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I live in RB now. (i've also lived in Miami)
You know Jack about RB.

One would be, Downtown Palm Beach---at night.
Please tell me this is a typo and you meant downtown wpb?!

Not Palm Beach?
!

Old 11-12-2015, 07:05 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Please tell me this is a typo and you meant downtown wpb?!

Not Palm Beach?
!
Technically there is no downtown PB (the island). So, downtown WPB would be more accurate.

Never-the-less---neither downtown WPB nor RB is as dangerous as the Scaredy Cats on this forum would have you believe.

(not unless you are a drug dealer or User----then i would be scared no matter "what" city i was in).

Old 11-13-2015, 11:53 AM

4 posts, read 5,850 times
I guess everybody is different, but they trip me out asking about safe places. There is crime EVERYWHERE you go, no matter how upscale and ritzy the city is. The upscale places are the most crime ridden.... Company officers embezzling funds, laundering money, fraud, tax invasions, ponzi schemes..... WTF?? And they talk about crime in Black and Hispanic areas.... Ooops, I forgot, different strokes for different folks and should they ever get caught, it's off to Club Fed instead of the County Jail. Get real folks, this is a thirsty world, everybody out here is hungry and will do whatever it takes to feed their family and/ or quench their thirst. Most low-class criminals get caught, while high-class criminals get richer. Every city has crime so don't be fooled otherwise.

Anyone can make it in a low-income, impoverished community, even the richest person... Don't look on the people and just stay in your lane and you will be good.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 PM

229 posts, read 533,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
You know Jack about RB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Its apples to oranges. Riviera Beach is a small city that is all bad. Miami and L.A. are big cities that have good areas to offset the bad ones. So the crime stats are skewed. I'm sure that there are sections of Miami and L.A. that are as bad or worse than Riviera Beach.
"For Riviera Beach, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon."

- Neighborhood Scout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach