Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 PM

126 posts, read 195,882 times

Advertisements

I have a clean record. No speeding tickets, nothing in over 18 years.

Unfortunately, I got pulled over for speeding on 441 in Lake Worth because I was running very late for an appointment. He agreed with me that I had a clean record, but that he couldn't do anything for me.

I did the right thing (so I thought) and paid the penalty and elected to do traffic school online so that I could eliminate the points.

I should have just used the ticket clinic... and I wouldn't have to go through all of this, but I digress.
Hopefully, there will not be a next time..

I pay the penalty as stated on my citation in time in the amount of $131.00.
The graph shows that if you are 6-9 miles over the limit, which I was... the penalty is $131.00. Which was stated on my citation.
I was not going 20-29 miles over the limit for $280.00 which is what this officer messed up the citation as.

A couple of weeks after my check was posted, I receive a letter of suspension.

Confused by this, I went to the palm beach county clerks office and questioned why I am receiving this letter when I paid the penalty and my check was posted.

I was told by the clerk supervisor, that the officer made an error on the citation. He entered 59 in a 59.
The deputy gave it back to the officer to fix. He changed it to a 59 in a 30 MPH.
Which is STILL WRONG. So, they are saying they are charging me a late fee of $23
because I didn't make the payment on time and in full, but I did! I am not paying no late fee, for a payment that was received on TIME.

They want to charge me $280! All because this officer made errors on the citation? Why should I be held responsible for his mistake? No way!

Now, get this. The posted speed on 441 is actually 50 MPH. NOT 30 MPH. So, the second time he supposedly fixed it was WRONG again! There is no WAY the judge can not agree with me on this!

I chose to select a hearing. Turns out today was a "Pre-Hearing" - you state whether you plea no contest or plea not guilty.

It was my turn to approach the podium. I explained to the hearing officer the situation.
She stated that because the officer was not there, she could not dismiss it. I would have to select a hearing so that the officer can state his side.

FINE. More time of mine wasted. So, now I have a hearing date coming up and you can be sure I went back to the location where I was pulled over and took clear pictures of the posted 50 MPH sign for evidence.

I also asked for a print out of the revised citation showing where the officer changed the posted speed to a 30 MPH. Get this. He forged my SIGNATURE! I did NOT sign this revised citation obviously. He signed my name!
IS this NOT ILLEGAL??

All I can do is present my evidence and the truth and HOPE that the judge will do justice by me and dismiss this entire BS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,184 times
You should get your justice but welcome to the legal system and the plethora of hoops

Old 12-03-2015, 12:33 PM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Had you gone to court that whole ticket would have gotten tossed......59 in a 59 isn't speeding!

Old 12-07-2015, 01:32 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,164,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious1018 View Post
I have a clean record. No speeding tickets, nothing in over 18 years.

Unfortunately, I got pulled over for speeding on 441 in Lake Worth because I was running very late for an appointment. He agreed with me that I had a clean record, but that he couldn't do anything for me.

I did the right thing (so I thought) and paid the penalty and elected to do traffic school online so that I could eliminate the points.

I should have just used the ticket clinic... and I wouldn't have to go through all of this, but I digress.
Hopefully, there will not be a next time..

I pay the penalty as stated on my citation in time in the amount of $131.00.
The graph shows that if you are 6-9 miles over the limit, which I was... the penalty is $131.00. Which was stated on my citation.
I was not going 20-29 miles over the limit for $280.00 which is what this officer messed up the citation as.

A couple of weeks after my check was posted, I receive a letter of suspension.

Confused by this, I went to the palm beach county clerks office and questioned why I am receiving this letter when I paid the penalty and my check was posted.

I was told by the clerk supervisor, that the officer made an error on the citation. He entered 59 in a 59.
The deputy gave it back to the officer to fix. He changed it to a 59 in a 30 MPH.
Which is STILL WRONG. So, they are saying they are charging me a late fee of $23
because I didn't make the payment on time and in full, but I did! I am not paying no late fee, for a payment that was received on TIME.

They want to charge me $280! All because this officer made errors on the citation? Why should I be held responsible for his mistake? No way!

Now, get this. The posted speed on 441 is actually 50 MPH. NOT 30 MPH. So, the second time he supposedly fixed it was WRONG again! There is no WAY the judge can not agree with me on this!

I chose to select a hearing. Turns out today was a "Pre-Hearing" - you state whether you plea no contest or plea not guilty.

It was my turn to approach the podium. I explained to the hearing officer the situation.
She stated that because the officer was not there, she could not dismiss it. I would have to select a hearing so that the officer can state his side.

FINE. More time of mine wasted. So, now I have a hearing date coming up and you can be sure I went back to the location where I was pulled over and took clear pictures of the posted 50 MPH sign for evidence.

I also asked for a print out of the revised citation showing where the officer changed the posted speed to a 30 MPH. Get this. He forged my SIGNATURE! I did NOT sign this revised citation obviously. He signed my name!
IS this NOT ILLEGAL??

All I can do is present my evidence and the truth and HOPE that the judge will do justice by me and dismiss this entire BS!
YOU.HAVE NO.IDEA. I agree.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:00 AM

98 posts, read 167,259 times
Go to a lawyer. Yes, you will pay a legal fee, but the hours put into this one won't be much. He/she might even send a legal letter to the Clerk of the Court, and that might even resolve it instead of appearing in Court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach